Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help with picking a strain please, more euphoric, less 'speedy'.

Bookmark and Share

Help with picking a strain please, more euphoric, less 'speedy'. 7 months 3 weeks ago #16700

• drummagick
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Laurie wrote:
If they are euphoric from kratom, they are new to it and never had opiate issues prior to use. I call it the "honeymoon" with kratom. It lasted me about 2-3 weeks of my first times trying it. I only notice when I HAVEN'T used my depression management plant.
I think any claims of euphoria beyond the first 2 weeks is up to something OTHER than the benefits the rest of us seek, like anxiety relief, depression relief, minor pain relief, and no euphoric feelings. Sorry

Euphoria to me is feeling happy and hopeful rather than the sad and hopeless I feel about 75% of the time. If I can find something that helps me with pain and makes me feel that much better I'm all for it. I tried the green Malaysian and super Indo blend again this morning and it really does help with my pain
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by drummagick.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Help with picking a strain please, more euphoric, less 'speedy'. 7 months 3 weeks ago #16701

• drummagick
  • Fresh Boarder
Usernametaken wrote:
If your getting headaches, most likely you're not drinking enough water(you need to drink more water than you normally do while using kratom). Another reason could be you're taking too much. I experienced this when I started using kratom.
It's also a good idea to take magnesium to avoid constipation.

I've found RMD to be more energizing than sedating. Red Thai has a similar effect on me.

I did not know that, that Kratom dehydrate you. I keep a 48-ounce pitcher of ice water going all morning at work but at home I'm really bad about staying hydrated so that could very well be it.

I've been meaning to get some magnesium. I take Prilosec often which deplete your body of magnesium and sometimes have an erratic heartbeat because of that. Magnesium citrate is best your body absorbs it better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Usernametaken

Help with picking a strain please, more euphoric, less 'speedy'. 7 months 3 weeks ago #16702

• Usernametaken
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 221
You're right magnesium citrate is good, magnesium glycinate is supposedly better especially if you have depression. Most people are deficient in magnesium to begin with.

Definitely try drinking more water. I always have a bottle water by my side. Hopefully this will alleviate your headaches.
Live, Learn, Love....
The following user(s) said Thank You: drummagick

Help with picking a strain please, more euphoric, less 'speedy'. 7 months 3 weeks ago #16703

• drummagick
  • Fresh Boarder
Usernametaken wrote:
You're right magnesium citrate is good, magnesium glycinate is supposedly better especially if you have depression. Most people are deficient in magnesium to begin with.

Definitely try drinking more water. I always have a bottle water by my side. Hopefully this will alleviate your headaches.

I started taking magnesium about this time last year and ran out at some point and I've completely forgotten about it in the last five months or so. Besides the fact that I quit having erratic heartbeat episodes I noticed that my mood was better as well. I'm going to stop on the way home and get some thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Usernametaken

Help with picking a strain please, more euphoric, less 'speedy'. 7 months 3 weeks ago #16704

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 1136
That word, euphoria, gets kratom misunderstood in the world. People think it's a legal high, etc.
Thanks for clarifying your meaning of the word. I'm just overly sensitive after last September. Kratom Ban PTSD, I guess.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Usernametaken, drummagick

Help with picking a strain please, more euphoric, less 'speedy'. 7 months 3 weeks ago #16711

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 986
Actually Magnesium Bisglycinate is the best absorbed form of magnesium but might not be available everywhere. Try on line or ask for it specifically.

I was unaware of the benefits of taking magnesium for Kratom users. I have been taking Magnesium Bisglycinate as a supplement for a couple of years. Do I have to take it with the Kratom in order to get the potentiation?

I am just concerned because I have recently had to up my Kratom dose and getting much better results too. Maybe I could knock it back down if I took the Magnesium with it?

Just passed my first 48 hours with no opiates! Pain is under control too thanks to my chiro and a meningeal decompression adjustment. (I don't have a clue what it is either BUT it worked!)
BEV
"Everybody is talking about pain killers, but nobody is talking about pain."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, drummagick

Help with picking a strain please, more euphoric, less 'speedy'. 7 months 3 weeks ago #16717

• Usernametaken
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 221
bomalley wrote:
Actually Magnesium Bisglycinate is the best absorbed form of magnesium but might not be available everywhere. Try on line or ask for it specifically.

I was unaware of the benefits of taking magnesium for Kratom users. I have been taking Magnesium Bisglycinate as a supplement for a couple of years. Do I have to take it with the Kratom in order to get the potentiation?

I am just concerned because I have recently had to up my Kratom dose and getting much better results too. Maybe I could knock it back down if I took the Magnesium with it?

Just passed my first 48 hours with no opiates! Pain is under control too thanks to my chiro and a meningeal decompression adjustment. (I don't have a clue what it is either BUT it worked!)

I've never heard of magnesium bisglycinate...I read the article by Dr. Nibber but I don't see any reference to it, only magnesium glycinate, which doesn't have a laxative effect so it won't help with constipation. Am I missing something? :huh:

People have said that magnesium can reduce tolerance and/or potentiate kratom. Personally, I never noticed any potentiation. I began taking magnesium a few weeks after I began using kratom because it caused severe constipation, which is rarely an issue with me b/c I have Crohn's Disease.

Magnesium supplements are recommended for people with Crohn's, depression, and a plethora of other ailments. I've read that it's best to take magnesium about 30 mins to an hour before the kratom, rather than at the same time.

Using both may keep your tolerance down. However, once your tolerance increases I don't think you can reduce it by introducing magnesium.

Congrats on going 48 hrs without opiates =D>.
Live, Learn, Love....
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Usernametaken.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Help with picking a strain please, more euphoric, less 'speedy'. 7 months 3 weeks ago #16718

• drummagick
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes, congratulations, bomalley. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, bomalley

Help with picking a strain please, more euphoric, less 'speedy'. 7 months 3 weeks ago #16725

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 1136
Congrarulations, bomally, how was day 3?
Laurie

Help with picking a strain please, more euphoric, less 'speedy'. 7 months 3 weeks ago #16727

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 986
I have had no withdrawals at all! I was down to 10 mg once per day anyway but Doc said that last few mgs would be the most difficult to get off of and I did not find that to be the case - BUT then I had the Kratom to help me.

I never thought about the drug when I did not have pain so the combination of Kratom and resolution of pain has helped immensely.

Not even sure I need the Kratom any more I feel so much better! BUT I have had so many setbacks on this journey I find it difficult to trust that this will be the new normal!

Just enjoying it for now. I am starting to mobilize more and will be back to my regular Yoga schedule next week. Will see how that goes.

I am taking Kratom before yoga because I am just too anxious about being in pain again!

I have also laid in a good supply of Kratom. I just makes me feel more secure knowing it is there.
BEV
"Everybody is talking about pain killers, but nobody is talking about pain."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, drummagick
  • Page:
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds