Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.

TOPIC: Need advice for low quality kratom

Bookmark and Share

Need advice for low quality kratom 5 months 1 week ago #17082

• kjdore
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 150
Fortunately the first vendor I ordered from sent me what seems to me to be good quality powder and I immediately found how helpful it was. The down side was the high price I paid so I continued to search and found a better price at a second vendor. Unfortunately the quality of the product I received was poor. The powder was not ground nearly as fine and it had very little aroma. My question is what should I do to help me enjoy this batch. Should I just try to take larger dose? I'm measuring with a tablespoon as I do not have a scale so I'm thinking since it's a coarser grind maybe I'm not getting the same weight per volume using a spoon to measure? Or do you think I should try grinding it into a finer powder? Or maybe just try making a tea or resin? The only method I've used is toss and wash. I was kind of trying to stick to this method until I have a better feel for how much to dose.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Need advice for low quality kratom 5 months 1 week ago #17083

• Usernametaken
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 220
Who did you order it from? If it's just weaker you may want to mix small amounts with another strain from a different vendor or make it into a resin or extract. Idk how to do that but other people can tell you.

If it were me, I'd contact the vendor and try to get the issue resolved in some way.
Live, Learn, Love....

Need advice for low quality kratom 5 months 1 week ago #17086

• kjdore
  • Expert Boarder
The powder was ordered from Phytoextractum. I'd rather not go through the hassle of dealing with them. I'm just not going to buy from them again. I've seen instructions on making resin. Seems pretty straightforward but time consuming. Thanks for the advice

Need advice for low quality kratom 5 months 1 week ago #17088

• Usernametaken
  • Gold Boarder
:huh: I never ordered from them. I used to hear positive things about them awhile ago but have read negative comments recently.

A lot of trustworthy, reliable vendors are mentioned on this forum. Stick to them and you can't go wrong. Don't go by the approved vendors list on here. It hasn't been updated! Some vendors on there are still around and are good but others have gone out of business or have changed since September.

I always Google "Recent Reviews of (insert vendors name)", prior to purchasing from a new vendor, unless I read positive things about them on this site.

Best Wishes
Live, Learn, Love....

Need advice for low quality kratom 5 months 1 week ago #17127

• cybin_spores
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kratom is my friend.
  • Thank you received: 285
Mix it with another or take more. You're probably not going to get the results you want either way, but you could at least try it. Maybe buy some size '00' capsules so it's easier to take larger doses.
~Jason

Need advice for low quality kratom 5 months 1 week ago #17137

• kjdore
  • Expert Boarder
I have tried a very large dose. Over 2 tbsp. Still little to no effect. I had the idea to run it through a fine mesh flower sifter and separate the larger chunks. What I have left is closer to the fine powder I expect, but not quite there. I'll try some of that and if I still get nothing I'll just try to make a batch of tea. I'm pretty sure at this point that it's just wasted money now but I have to try.

Need advice for low quality kratom 5 months 1 week ago #17144

• Usernametaken
  • Gold Boarder
Do you have a coffee grinder? That would make it into a fine powder. At this point seems like a lost cause. If you paid by CC you could request a refund. I'd still contact vendor. How much did you lose?
Live, Learn, Love....

Need advice for low quality kratom 5 months 1 week ago #17159

• intrepid1
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 159
kjdore wrote:
Fortunately the first vendor I ordered from sent me what seems to me to be good quality powder and I immediately found how helpful it was. The down side was the high price I paid so I continued to search and found a better price at a second vendor. Unfortunately the quality of the product I received was poor. The powder was not ground nearly as fine and it had very little aroma. My question is what should I do to help me enjoy this batch. Should I just try to take larger dose? I'm measuring with a tablespoon as I do not have a scale so I'm thinking since it's a coarser grind maybe I'm not getting the same weight per volume using a spoon to measure? Or do you think I should try grinding it into a finer powder? Or maybe just try making a tea or resin? The only method I've used is toss and wash. I was kind of trying to stick to this method until I have a better feel for how much to dose.
I actually prefer to have some coarser grinds (and crushed leaf) in my collection for various reasons. But I would think you'd be getting a larger dose weight-wise with a coarse vs fine grind. Since a larger dose didn't give the desired effect, I would throw it in your doomsday locker and go shopping elsewhere. Depending on where you are, you may be able to get an order very quickly.

Need advice for low quality kratom 5 months 1 week ago #17163

• kjdore
  • Expert Boarder
I think you're spot on there intrepid. Just toss it aside and get some more. I've already placed an order but unfortunately it will not be here till Monday. Being that I'm still relatively new to this I was hoping to have some this weekend so I can experiment with dose sizes on my days off. So yes I'm pretty disappointed. But it is what it is.
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds