Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.

TOPIC: Tried 6 grams of kratom and why no effect??

Bookmark and Share

Tried 6 grams of kratom and why no effect?? 5 months 2 days ago #17318

• Wolverine
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
I got some kratom and tried a few low dosages the first time.
1gram and about 4 hours later 2 grams no effect.

Next day doubled first dose and same four hours later and still no effect.

I waited 6 days went to 6 grams at once twice a day,still no effects.

I put powder in a cup,poured in boiling water and drank thick liquid in one to three drinks followed by enough water to wash after taste out.So I'm guessing a toss and wash.

Its my first time using kratom,so why no benefits?
I tried red,white and green strains.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tried 6 grams of kratom and why no effect?? 5 months 2 days ago #17326

• gmantheman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 506
Could be a few things. Are you coming of opitates? Could be bunk kratom. Did you eat just before taking the kratom?

Tried 6 grams of kratom and why no effect?? 5 months 2 days ago #17327

• Wolverine
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Wolverine wrote:

I put powder in a cup,poured in boiling water and drank thick liquid in one to three drinks followed by enough water to wash after taste out.So I'm guessing a toss and wash.

I've read too much can cancel effects,low quality,or too high of tolerance.
By what I've read 6-8grams even with a tolerance should still produce some effects.
Any ideas of why no effects?
Do some people get no results from kratom?
I'll wait another few weeks and try another 6gram dosage.
The samples I got were reviewed by a few others on the forum.
They said positive things about quality so I can only guess why I got no results.

Tried 6 grams of kratom and why no effect?? 5 months 2 days ago #17328

• gmantheman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 506
Wolverine wrote:
Wolverine wrote:

I've read too much can cancel effects,low quality,or too high of tolerance.
By what I've read 6-8grams even with a tolerance should still produce some effects.
Any ideas of why no effects?
Do some people get no results from kratom?
I'll wait another few weeks and try another 6gram dosage.
The samples I got were reviewed by a few others on the forum.
They said positive things about quality so I can only guess why I got no results.

Some people get no effects from kratom. Those that are coming of opiates often need a higher dosage of up to 8 to 10 grams to start with but if you are not coming of opitates then 2 grams as your first dosage should work. If you had any food in your stomach that will effect the results as well. Did you try all the strains or just one?

Tried 6 grams of kratom and why no effect?? 5 months 1 day ago #17344

• kjdore
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 150
I find that I get the best effects from kratom when I take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. If you got no results from 6g, I would try about 8-10g first thing in the morning if it were me. If you still get nothing then it is possible that you got some very low quality kratom. It has happened to me before. I got some that I tried taking a huge dose (over 20g) and got nothing from it. That problem can be solved by trying to order from a different vendor. I do remember reading somewhere that there is a very small percentage of people that just don't get effects from kratom at all. I have no idea if this is true or a myth though.

Tried 6 grams of kratom and why no effect?? 5 months 18 hours ago #17363

What vendor did u get your kratom from? Headshop kratom is generally trash, (not to mention gives kratom a bad rep) And some online vendors are not the best either. There are plenty of good vendors with good quality kratom, here are some that i trust and use,

Christophers Organic Botanicals, Socal Herbal remedies (search speciosa), Pharmacy drop out, just to name a few with decent prices. almost all the vendors on the approved vendor list have deent kratom, any that i have tried anyways.

I am a recovering opiate addict, and i get best results from about 2-3 grams only, When i try larger doses like 4-5 grams, i do not feel much, some sedation, but not the moodlift and energy i get from 3 grams. And if i try 7 grams or more, i get wobbly eyes and sick feeling on my stomach, with no good effects really.

Sometimes less is more with kratom is very true.

That all being said, i would suggest trying another vendor, and different strains, and try adjusting your dosage, i would start small then increase it till u find your dose size. :-bd

Also, for me if i have taken opiates recently, my kratom does not work right for sometimes up to a few days. (this may not pertain to you), And also like some have already said, kratom just does not work for some people. And some people are expecting more effects than what kratom actually gives, it doesnt get you high like opiates really, but i do get energy and moodlift, and anti anxiety effects, and that is enough for me to stay clean, Those effects were alot of what i was looking for with opiates. Hope this helps. :-bd
Be not afraid of growing slowly, Be afraid only of standing still.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Usernametaken, bomalley, kobegirl

Tried 6 grams of kratom and why no effect?? 5 months 18 hours ago #17366

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 686
6 gms of a white variety would have my head in the toilet for an hour...ask me how I know this!

I am finding though that the longer the time from my last opiate dose the less Kratom I need. Yesterday I had only two doses of Red varieties and could NOT stay awake in the evening so I had to go to bed and slept for 6 hours before waking for the first time. Another 4 gram dose put me right out for another 4 hours!

I am dropping the dosage today.

Is that normal? To need less as time goes on ? (I would have thought the opposite)
BEV
"Everybody is talking about pain killers, but nobody is talking about pain."

Tried 6 grams of kratom and why no effect?? 4 months 3 weeks ago #17475

• Usernametaken
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 220
Wolverine wrote:

Hi wolverine,

I replied to your other post awhile back. Are you still taking suboxone? If so this could be the reason you aren't experiencing effects from kratom.

I meant to post this awhile go when you were hoping to find a strain for energy. At the time I thought that you might get something from Green/White strains. The Red strains tend to hit the same receptors as suboxone more so then the other colors.

Based on my experience, I believe suboxone blocks more than the opiate receptors; mu, kappa, and delta. Greens and Whites from what I've read, and heard affect serotonin and norepinephrine. Reds do also but to a lesser degree.

If you interested in tapering off suboxone, I could give you tips and advice on how I got off suboxone by tapering. Haven't taken it since Oct. 2016. No opiate use either.
Live, Learn, Love....
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Usernametaken.

Tried 6 grams of kratom and why no effect?? 4 months 3 weeks ago #17481

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 686
With everything I have learned here and based on Usernametaken's post about suboxone, I am really glad I did not comply with my physician's suggestion to try it.

It would seem, that for me, I found Kratom at just the right time.

Although my oxy dosage was low when I started Kratom my physician had warned that the last few milligrams were sometimes the hardest.... and no opiates for over a month now.

Wolverine, please let us know how you are doing. I think Usernametaken is onto something. If the receptors are blocked by suboxone it could be subverting the use of Kratom.
BEV
"Everybody is talking about pain killers, but nobody is talking about pain."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Usernametaken, Moreland
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds