Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tolerance and blends/ Potentiators

Bookmark and Share

Tolerance and blends/ Potentiators 2 months 3 weeks ago #19668

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 162
I ordered a sample pack from Serenity Botanicals, and I chose their relief blend because of the good ratings. I have also been reading about rotating strains to prevent tolerance and dependence, but I'm wondering how blends factor into this? What if the only kratom that works for my pain is in blends, and they have a little of the same strain in each blend. Will that be going against the "don't use the same strain consecutively" advice?

Also. Is anyone here knowledgeable on potentiating herbs? I ask because I read about people using turmeric and cat's claw with kratom, and I try to take these daily, but my cat's claw is taken with Japanese Knotweed(Polygonum Cuspidatum) and sometimes andrographis. If the knotweed and andrographis cancel out or lessen the effects of kratom I will separate the doses, but I don't know how to find this information out.

Thanks in advance. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Tolerance and blends/ Potentiators 2 months 3 weeks ago #19672

Hello Jasmin, nice to meet you :-bd

They say that rotating helps to prevent tolerance to a specific strain and kratom in general. And it does work. I have tried both ways, i have rotated a lot and i have also taken the same strain for a week to 2 weeks at a time.

I did notice that if i took the same strain for a week or more, without taking any other ones, that i started to feel stale. Kinda like it was working still but wasnt all that noticeable. Kratom is subtle to begin with and taking the same strain for a long time makes me where i really dont feel the onset or anything but i still get some of the benefits. If that makes any sense.

Anymore i just go ahead and rotate something different, either every day or every dose. They say it keeps your receptors guessing lol. I really dont know if thats true or not, but i do not have much of a tolerance at all and i have been taking kratom for about a year or so, and it still works just fine for me. I sometimes will keep coming back to a certain strain through the week, and as long as im not taking the same one every single dose, i do not notice any problems. So i would say you should be ok if you are rotating your blends you shouldnt have to worry about tolerance. (just my opinion).

And if you do you could always switch to a different strain. I like to have several different strains on hand that i like, so i dont have to worry about taking the same one too much. I also order from different vendors, so even if it is the same strain it is a different shipment.

I do not have any tolerance issues anymore, the only time i did was when i was taking too much for me, it turned out that the same strains worked better for me at smaller doses, So i do not have to use potentiators or anything myself. I have tried them though and some of them do work. I just dont use them because i do not need them.

The ones that worked for me, where

picralima - seemed to really add to the pain releif and calming effect, but they taste horrible lol.

Orange juice/grapfruit juice - seemed to make the onset quicker, and make the effects last longer, but didnt really seem to make it any stronger.

Tumeric - seemed to lower my tolerance without taking a break, i would take it before doses and at night. It was working it seemd like, but it kinda made my doses stronger than i wanted.

cats claw - seemed to really add to the calming effect and duration, similar to picralima for me. but it made me sleepy. it may have helped with mood lift but not that i noticed.

Stem and vein - makes effects stronger if taken with plain leaf, But did not seem to add to duration at all. And by itself it works similar to a relaxing strain for me, so i can use it for breaks or in place of doses. It just doesnt last as long as plain leaf for me, and is more on the relaxing side, it doesnt have any energy for me.

I hope this helps, it just my opinion and experiences though. :-bd
Be not afraid of growing slowly, Be afraid only of standing still.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, Jasmin

Tolerance and blends/ Potentiators 2 months 3 weeks ago #19673

• stevebono
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Hello Jasmin

1. Kratom has unique alkaloid component,every blend is different even it contain same strain.Sometimes rotating strain work for some people , and some people still feel their tolerance increase. I would like to suggest to using crushed leaf for breaking kratom tolerance

2. Another potentiating herbs is akuamma , i never use it but i see good review about it
US Kratomind
Kratom Wholesaler Based In Oklahoma
Visit : Us.Kratomind.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Jasmin

Tolerance and blends/ Potentiators 2 months 3 weeks ago #19676

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks! That helps. :)

Another herb I forgot to mention was ashwagandha. Someone somewhere wrote that it makes kratom work less, and another said more. That's why I'm concerned about some of the herbs I'm taking.

I *think* knotweed has some of the properties of cat's claw, and I think they are supposed to work in synergy, so I'll keep the two together for now.

I just received my order, and the relief blend has taken away about 85% of my pain. Yay! I was worried I'd be one of those people who didn't find relief. The last two times I tried other stuff it didn't help the pain at all.

Tolerance and blends/ Potentiators 2 months 2 weeks ago #19735

I am using ashwagandha 2 to 3 times a day and have noticed my dosing of kratom is stretching out. I'm less anxious and irritable, also. It works by reducing your reaction to stress. My main reason for using kratom is for anxiety and depression. Ashwagandha doesn't seem to strengthen the kratom but I've definitely noticed i don't need to take it as often.

Tolerance and blends/ Potentiators 2 months 2 weeks ago #19737

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 986
Hi Jasmin,
I just took too long posting and lost the novel I wrote you, LOL.

Levonne explained it beautifully. Just keep a few choices from different vendors on hand for rotating.

I haven't needed to rotate Serenity products any more than any good vendor.

I get ashwagandha from Serenity and another vendor not in this forum. The two products SEEM like different product entirely! But I like them both! I reserve use of ashwagandha for evening, but I've used it during the day without problems. I haven't had anything cancel out kratom IN MY METABOLISM except for opiates. Some people do very well using both. I think the issue with me is tolerance from opiates makes kratom less effective for PAIN, but I do get the benefit of depression relief even when I mixed the two. But kratom is useless for my pain if I've had a tiny 5 mg Vicodin, so I avoid opiates.

Definitely contact a few more vendors and ask about samples to add to your choices. I rarely use the same vendor product more than twice a day. Like Levonne said, I don't exactly FEEL anything, but rather, I FEEL the problems (pain, anxiety, depression) are more pronounced if I've forgotten to take my kratom.

Enjoy your 85% pain reduction. Sometimes that's enough to get pain off your mind to enjoy doing something you couldn't have done otherwise.

Some days, no kratom SEEMS to help. But I had the same issue with opiates. So I increased my dose and found myself with a serious drug habit. Not good. Even opiates let us down for no reason. Nothing is perfect for COMPLETE PAIN RELIEF ALL THE TIME, imo. But, I had 7 hours pain free on Friday! No pain at all! But by Saturday and again today, NOTHING touched the pain much. However, I know it would have been MUCH WORSE had I not dosed. It's such a subtle help that it can be not noticeable at all. But going WITHOUT kratom you will notice how MUCH it was doing. It doesn't make itself obvious when opiates DID. I can drive without impairment, and I can DO MORE with kratom.

My depression is very serious. That issue has been managed without fail by using kratom. I still have "off" days, but nothing as awful as not having this leaf/tool, and opiates made my depression WORSE when used long term. Kratom has NEVER EVER EVER made my depression worse. I simply don't feel as well as I would like. That's life, I guess.

Enjoy those samples! I'm enjoying the ones I got from them and they STILL are one of my favorites!

Happy 85%!
Laurie

Tolerance and blends/ Potentiators 2 months 2 weeks ago #19738

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Oh yeah. I use cat's claw also and have not noticed an effect on my kratom. I have to take breaks from cat's claw and ashwagandha to keep them helpful as well. It's not perfect, but it sure beats the probs I had with having only opiates for pain/anxiety/depression. Kratom handles ALL OF THESE without my noticing anything after dosing except I suddenly CAN get out of bed and enjoy SOME OF THE DAY. Even on days that are a challenge.
Let me know if I should be more careful with the ashwagandha and cat's claw? I have taken them with kratom and noticed no difference in the subtle results. I'd like to know if I'm doing it wrong.
THANKS!
Laurie

Tolerance and blends/ Potentiators 2 months 2 weeks ago #19750

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
Thank you Laurie and nmytwilightyears. Everyone here has been so helpful. :)

Now I am interested in Serenity's ashwahanda. I, too, take it for anxiety. I have tried a few brands and the only brand that has ever worked was Himalaya's. I'm out, and it's a bit expensive when you pile it on to a boat load of other supplements. I can't take it at night because it keeps me awake. The first time I tried Kratom, I took it with ashwaghanda and got absolutely no pain relief. It did help with anxiety though. It was my friend's kratom, so I don't know what it was or if it was good.

From two days of experimenting with cat's claw, I think it makes kratom more mellowing. Even when I took it between doses I could feel a calming effect from it... very subtle of course. This is so strange to me because I have taken large doses of it for years and never noticed that before. I read some people elsewhere say that they get a tingly warm feeling from it, but that made me laugh because I take it to get rid of tingly/buzzing nerves. =)

It will be interesting to experiment with the Japanese knotweed and cat's claw separately. They are mixed together right now.

Thank you again!

Tolerance and blends/ Potentiators 2 months 2 weeks ago #19753

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Interesting views on the various supplemental herbs. Seems like youvan teach US what works! Although I take ashwagandha at night for muscle relaxation and sleep. LOL
I'll be curious as to your opinion on Serenity's version at some point!
Laurie

Tolerance and blends/ Potentiators 2 months 2 weeks ago #19761

I don't know if I am allowed to post a vendor that is not on the list, but Meridian Botanicals is where I go to order botanicals and herbs that aren't kratom. They have teas that are already mixed ready to brew for different purposes, like relaxing or energy or focus. And many other herbs and botanicals. You may check them out since you seem interested in that kind of thing.

I have tried a few teas and a couple different herbs and botanicals from them. That is actually where I ordered my cats claw and ashwagandha from. From what I could tell the quality was fine. I dI'd like a couple of the teas the most, but I did not like them enough to re order.
Be not afraid of growing slowly, Be afraid only of standing still.
  • Page:
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds