Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.

TOPIC: For those sensitive to stimulating strains...

Bookmark and Share

For those sensitive to stimulating strains... 2 months 2 weeks ago #19725

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 162
The few times I have tried kratom I have had to take a bit more an hour later to get the right amount to help my pain. Today I tried a blend that might have made me feel a bit jittery. I say might because I had MCT oil in my coffee, and that can make me feel jittery, too. Anwyay, I am wondering if taking more to get the pain relief would up the stimulating effects also. I know they say that small doses=energizing and larger=sedating, but I would like to read your experiences if you have any to share.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

For those sensitive to stimulating strains... 2 months 2 weeks ago #19727

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 686
What strains?

Reds are usually less stimulating and have better pain killing effects.

if you are taking a stimulating white strain it may have low analgesic properties so you would have to take more. You may be able to take much less of a red and get better pain relief.

Hopefully you have seen this list:
www.ilovekratom.com/forum/plain-leaf-kra...fects?start=40#18821
BEV
"Everybody is talking about pain killers, but nobody is talking about pain."
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by bomalley.

For those sensitive to stimulating strains... 2 months 2 weeks ago #19746

Im not sure about pain relief as i take kratom for anxiety and depression. I do know the jittery feeling you are talking about since whites and greens are my favorite. I know they say larger amounts are more sedating, and smaller amounts are more energizing, which is true for me for the most part. But some strains just make me jittery if i take my normal dose or more than my normal dose. Since i take kratom for anxiety, strains making me jittery dont help much lol. They still offer mood lift,but i dont like jitters.

So with these strains i take less, and it takes the jitters away, and the strains still work. I just need smaller amounts of these. But thats just me. Some strains dont make me jittery at all, even if i take a slightly larger dose. Another thing i do which may help, if you have a strain that makes you jittery, you may mix it with another strain that does not do that. This works for me as well. Hope this helps :-bd
Be not afraid of growing slowly, Be afraid only of standing still.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ToxicJenni

For those sensitive to stimulating strains... 2 months 2 weeks ago #19749

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
Thank you both!

bomalley, the link contains some info on digestive problems which was my next question. (Sorry so many questions!) Are there any strains that are known to cause stomach problems more than others? My son has a very sensitive stomach.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , I was wondering if experimenting with more for pain would be worth it because of anxiety. I think I'll just keep the dose small and not take it with coffee. When I took it in the evening with cat's claw I didn't get jittery and it mellowed me out. I took it again at night without the cat's claw and it helped me sleep. Kratom is some strange stuff! lol Maybe it was the MCT oil causing the jitters after all. My husband got an upset stomach from it, but I'm still blaming the oil. :)

For those sensitive to stimulating strains... 2 months 2 weeks ago #19754

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
Some people with a sensitive stomach do not feel well after taking a dose of Kratom but I wonder if that would wear off with continued use. (Some people get really sick when they use nicotine for the first time).
I also had some nausea when I started but I was taking white strains instead of reads. Now I seem to tolerate them all much better.
BEV
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by bomalley.

For those sensitive to stimulating strains... 2 months 2 weeks ago #19766

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
bomalley wrote:
Some people with a sensitive stomach do not feel well after taking a dose of Kratom but I wonder if that would wear off with continued use. (Some people get really sick when they use nicotine for the first time).
I also had some nausea when I started but I was taking white strains instead of reads. Now I seem to tolerate them all much better.

I'm thankful that I'm not one of them!

If I knew that a certain strain was harder on the stomach, I would warn my son to take that strain extra slow at first.

Does anyone think the white strains might be a little different to digest? It was a white/red blend that upset my husband's stomach (if it wasn't the MCT oil combination.)

For those sensitive to stimulating strains... 2 months 2 weeks ago #19781

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
Hopefully others will weigh in on this and you will get more extensive info, but I am going out on a limb to suggest that it is the more stimulating strains that would upset the stomach. The alkaloids that provide the stimulation can affect the nerves that regulate the stomach causing nausea.

I also think that anyone starting out should take single strains in order to get a feel for each one. Blending is best left to a later time in the Kratom exploration.
BEV

For those sensitive to stimulating strains... 2 months 2 weeks ago #19793

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
Ahh... live and learn. I just went through the list and found the ones with good ratings and mentions of pain relief. :)

For those sensitive to stimulating strains... 2 months 2 weeks ago #19942

• Insense1
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 139
Try soaking it in orange or grapefruit juice for 5 min, thats not from concentrate or hasnt been frozen. Citric acid does wonders
I use "simply" brand
What its mixed with has a great deal to do with how 'easy'
It is to........
Hope this helps

For those sensitive to stimulating strains... 2 months 2 weeks ago #19944

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks! I'll have to look into that some more. I wonder if citric acid powder on its own would do anything... Another thing on my "to search" list. :)
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds