Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.

TOPIC: Kratom sickness!

Bookmark and Share

Kratom sickness! 1 month 1 week ago #20993

• missygirl8899
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
My doctors are taking Away Vicodin and baclofen After seven years.

Using kratom to help with the withdrawals.

Can somebody tell me why I get so ill after the kratom Wears off?
Only taking 1.5 g

Has anybody ever had their liver tested after taking kratom for a long Time?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Kratom sickness! 1 month 1 week ago #21000

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 986
WELCOME TO THE BEST KRATOM FORUM EVAH, missy8899! By ill, what do you mean? You obviously aren't over using kratom, so with what you've asked, I'm going to guess that you feel ill because you're detoxing off the Vicodin and baclofen. I've used both of those meds for my sciatica and they are DIFFICULT to withdraw from. My own personal journey was long and unpleasant. After 7 years, the body takes time to replace cells AFTER the shock of not getting those meds (not a speedy process, but younger people have quicker results with healing than folks of my age, 52). How long has your journey been thus far? Congratulations on finding kratom and sounds like you are doing VERY WELL! That baclofen was awful - I admire your tolerating it! You must have been in miserable pain to be able to tolerate the side effects from baclofen. You must be a pillar of strength and that will help you get through this. Way to go! Please specify what symptoms you are getting to feel ill for looking at other causes. Look at food and other supplements as possible sources of illness feeling? Fever, nausea, sweats, chills, headache, diarrhea: all the standard basic withdrawal symptoms (plus more that aren't as GUARANTEED for all people).
Way to go! Where did you get your kratom from (which vendor?). Source of product is a possible issue if it's from a local head shop, for example.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, missygirl8899

Kratom sickness! 1 month 1 week ago #21002

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 411
To answer your question about liver testing, "Yes, many people have had their liver tested after using kratom for a long time," and the vast majority have seen improvements over when they were on Vicodin, etc., and a return to healthy function. I have heard of one who may have had other issues that contributed to high liver enzymes when he was tested, but his mother told me he used kratom compulsively. If you are only using a moderate dose and otherwise avoiding liver-damaging drugs, such as acetaminophen and alcohol, plus eating well, you should have no problem.

As Laurie answered, I will add that you feel ill when you stop using kratom because you are not done detoxing. Kratom eases the symptoms of withdrawal considerably, but -- if you stop the kratom -- you will again feel the withdrawal that is a continuing process.

Are you only using 1.5 grams per day, or 1.5 grams per dose several times a day? In the early stages of withdrawal, most people use 1 or 2 teaspoons of kratom as needed every few hours. Use as little as you can get by with -- and you should have a variety of Red, Green, and White strains to rotate between, so as to maintain the effectiveness.

Refer to my article in the Blog section of this site about Withdrawing from Opioids, which should answer most of your questions.
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, missygirl8899

Kratom sickness! 1 month 1 week ago #21026

• missygirl8899
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Laurie,

Oh I'm not brave at all. I'm coming off of 10 mg a month. Doctors try to wean me off in six weeks but I started having seizures.

I just started kratom a week ago.

Before I take the dose I feel well But I'm In withdrawal.

After the dose wears off I'm still withdrawing but ill.

I have a feeling that's my very damaged liver. Still on high dose of Vicodin 30mg from 65mg Seven years.

Bought kratom from happy hippo not Impressed.

Already beginning to miss the drugs so much!

Rather be sick all the time then live in pain.

Thanks so much for your reply Darla.

Kratom sickness! 1 month 1 week ago #21027

• missygirl8899
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

Can you tell me when I'm completely free of Vicodin

When will my brain start to produce its own Endorphins again?

I can't find your blog.

Thank you Darla

Kratom sickness! 1 month 1 week ago #21031

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Hi Darla,

Paul's articles are found separate from the forum, but all you need do is scroll up from where you are reading and there is KRATOM BLOG next to KRATOM FORUM. I got my first months of education from Paul's blog (called KRATOM BLOG). Let us know if you want more help, but I think you'll go, "oh, right there! Haha!! Even if feeling unwell.
As to that feeling "ill", it would be helpful if you could describe the difference between "well but withdrawal" and "ill but withdrawal" so we might be able to help you figure out what it is. Not because you weren't clear, but rather because withdrawal IS so similar to feeling "ill", plus, there's the immune system issue white detoxing, so there's the inevitable cold/flu immediately FOLLOWING detox/withdrawal that feels much the same as withdrawal - so much so that it's often considered "still withdrawal"! LOL
I have a hunch you are already on the right track with regard to liver issues, but as Paul said, moderate use of kratom has not been shown to cause liver issues. But other meds HAVE BEEN.

You should STILL be pretty proud of your detoxification process thus far. No minimizing - it's a big deal.
In my case, at age 52, it takes LONGER for cell reproduction before the endorphins and serotonin, dopamine to restart and all that stuff can take a longgg time (it FEELS longer than it IS). I experienced "brain fog" and a short fuse and difficulty with organizing a schedule for a good six months, but I only needed about 60 days after clean of meds to start feeling happy about tending to life's chores. I hope you find this helpful - and scroll up for the KRATOM BLOG (and more detail about the word ill when you feel up to it), HANG IN THERE!
Laurie

Kratom sickness! 1 month 1 week ago #21032

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
PS: kratom helps that feeling of "missing the drugs" go away once you're done USING them. That's one of the best benefits of the leaf - no cravings. That doesn't occur until about 15 or more days clean and you'll notice you only miss them psychologically. Pretty quickly you'll not even think about a pill upon waking. That persists and drinkers lose the urge to drink alcohol as well! (Something to look forward to!)
Laurie

Kratom sickness! 1 month 1 week ago #21033

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 686
missygirl8899 wrote:
Hi,

Can you tell me when I'm completely free of Vicodin

When will my brain start to produce its own Endorphins again?

I can't find your blog.

Thank you Darla

Usually a week is stated as the time when all the opiates leave your system...however, that time period does not mean you will start to feel well again after one week.

Other posters before me have explained that detoxing is unpleasant, BUT it is NOT just the detox from the vicodin ...there will be other poisons, and toxins in your system that will be set free. If your kidneys, lymphatics and bowels can release them at a good rate then the symptoms are less BUT if they are being released faster than your body can handle them they may build up in your body and make you feel ill.

The good news is that withdrawal (if done slowly) and detox is not dangerous just unpleasant. That may or may not be very comforting but it is good to have the facts.

It has already been suggested that you take Kratom more regularly and increase the dose. 2Gms every 4-6 hours would help tremendously I think as long as you hydrate yourself well and maintain good bowel function. Hot baths and vigorous exercise might help with lymphatic drainage ... easy for me to say, but when you hurt and feel like shit notg so easy to do...but again it does help to have the information.

A "normal" dose of Kratom is highly individual...I took 2 Gms every 4 hours to come off the oxy but now I use 3-4Gms every four hours during the day to manage pain.

I takes many months for your body to reset your tolerance level and start producing its own endorphins again. Actually it takes many, many months (even years) on opiates for tolerance to build so reversing it is also a lengthy process. It has been 4 months for me and my tolerance has come down about 30%-40% so yes a lengthy process.

There are many many people here on this forum who have successfully come off narcotics using Kratom. It is still hard work and not necessarily "easy". Kratom helps tremendously both with pain management and withdrawal symptoms...but you still have to really want it!

I am AMAZED at how much better I feel being off the oxycodone and it was the only drug I was taking. Even though others told me that would happen I did not believe it.

Please hang in there and keep your eye on the big picture! it is worth it! AND we will all support you the best way we can.
BEV
"Everybody is talking about pain killers, but nobody is talking about pain."
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by bomalley. Reason: spelling, formatting

Kratom sickness! 1 month 1 week ago #21034

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 686
BTW...how are you taking Kratom? Are you substituting a Kratom dose for a Vicodin dose and gradually reducing it that way?
BEV
"Everybody is talking about pain killers, but nobody is talking about pain."
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds