07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Kratom and hives — allergy, remedies?

Kratom and hives — allergy, remedies? 9 months 3 weeks ago #34949

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8005
Hey HotOtter,

How did your dr appt go?! How are you feeling?! Just thinking about your conundrum and reminding you we are here to support you in managing your health crisis.

The best part is: you don’t likely have to quit kratom forever. Just long enough to heal all over internally and I sympathize, personally.

Hope you’re feeling much better already!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kratom and hives — allergy, remedies? 9 months 3 weeks ago #34953

• HotOtter
  • HotOtter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Thanks for checking in, Laurie! Was feeling bad as I realized I was kind of frantically dragging everyone thru a sob story when the real issue I was looking for advice on was the hives thing!

But to put things in context, I’ll just quickly say that I’ve had to put the hives question on slight hold due to a herniated lumbar disc (went to both a doc and chiro and couldn’t even get in or out of bed unassisted last night... but thankfully woke up today and was able to make the work road trip and am doing better.) Really could use some Kratom right now(!), but I’ve held off all day as i can’t be dealing w both hives and the back issue.

So the plan going forward is to finish my steroid dose, hope the back gets better, and slowly and very carefully try and introduce the new-vendor Kratom this weekend if I’m feeling up to it.

I also don’t realistically expect that the hives won’t return simply bc of the vendor switch, so I’ve enlisted my evil genius natural-med-freak chiropractor to do a little research as he’s been hearing a lot about Kratom recently and wants to know more.

We both think I need a specialized Kratom doctor, and are wondering if one exists for consultation on an outlier issue like this.

Either way, I’m doing pretty good considering and am just very much looking forward to the day when I’m back on Kratom for all my ailments (full disclosure: I’ve taken some pain meds over the past 24 hours, but am very relieved to say that I have little to no interest in them. Wife is monitoring with me and I’ll be happy to flush them as soon as the pain is manageable. Can honestly say that I’ve felt so much better on Kratom than on pills. Now just a bit of a waiting and research game.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Kratom and hives — allergy, remedies? 8 months 1 week ago #36318

• genesis636
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Although I never experienced hives from kratom, I did get very itchy in the beginning. And I have had asthma since childhood and haven't wrestled with that for several years now. Until I started kratom about 6 months ago, then my asthma flaired up. It is manageable though. What is NOT manageable was my alcohol use and depression/anxiety which led me to try kratom. It's a lesser of two evils thing I guess.... I hope you find a way to manage your situation without having to stop kratom, cus it's truly a life saver sometimes.

Kratom and hives — allergy, remedies? 8 months 1 week ago #36342

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
HotOtter!

Thank you for the wonderful update on HOW YOU ARE in general. And your status with regard to the hives.

I just recently tried a medication that has “given me hives” in the past. Now it’s not on my list of allergies anymore. No hives! It was NOT the antidepressant for me, but NO HIVES.

I’m so impressed at how vigilant you’ve been about taking the kratom break seriously.

Please let us know as soon as you know for sure, how it went!

I can’t wait to hear about your new vendor kratom. I’m so excited for you. I have a lot of HOPE for you and NO MORE HIVES.
Laurie

Kratom and hives — allergy, remedies? 8 months 1 week ago #36358

• HotOtter
  • HotOtter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Hi @genesis and thanks for checking in, Laurie!

So long story short I did take a break from Kratom for 2-3 weeks, which I really didn’t want to do. BUT I’ve been taking it again for the last couple weeks and have had no issues with hives!

If anyone is reading this looking for the same answer I was for this issue, I’d take the comments above as solid advice on what to do. Unfortunately, as I was hoping for, there was no answer I found (and believe me, I looked hard) for staying on Kratom and getting rid of the hives simultaneously. ... I tried that for a week+ with different strains, different vendors, cutting things out of my diet, etc. and the hives just kept flaring up whenever I’d take Kratom.

But after getting it out of my system and letting the hives clear up fully, I was able to reintroduce without any issues. I have no scientific answer; I think my body just needed to recalibrate and clean out because it was in such a shit state.

And now that I’m positive it wasn’t the vendors (I know bc I’ve been using the exact same strains as before), I’ll say that I get my stuff off In Sense and PDO (popular here and both much better than the other 5+ sites I’ve tried for a variety of reasons; just wonderful vendors who I appreciate beyond just being good business people!).

Still trying to find a go-to strain, but I’ve responded much better to reds than greens, and use a little white in the a.m. The Red Dragon from In Sense has been my favorite of recent.

And I’m with you genesis — I’ve been off alcohol a year and 4 months and Kratom is by FAR a better solution in my life. Very thankful for this great forum and all the supportive people on here!

P.s. My back issue has gotten much better. Been off the pk’s for 3-ish weeks and doing just fine bc of the Kratom!

Kratom and hives — allergy, remedies? 8 months 1 week ago #36361

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
That’s wonderful news about 1 yr and 4 months off drinking! Congratulations! I drank almost right to the grave from age 12 until 50! I’m so glad you’re no longer hurting yourself as I’m glad I’m finally also no longer trying to kill myself (on some level). It’s a deadly illness/disease and I’ve lost many loved ones to the bottle.

What an accomplishment! I gave it up after finding kratom also. Got a DUI in September 2013 and haven’t touched it since I luckily didn’t hurt anyone. That is basically 40 YEARS of ingesting large quantities of pure poison at will!

That’s nothing to mess around with, alcohol.

So glad you’re free as well!
Laurie

Kratom and hives — allergy, remedies? 8 months 1 week ago #36372

• kratering
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 542
Seems like if you've been taking plain leaf that you should try taking enhanced or concentrated extracts.

Change it up.

This company is intriguing Teatimebotanical.com

Haven't tried them but am considering.

Last edit: by kratering.

Kratom and hives — allergy, remedies? 8 months 1 week ago #36384

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
I’m not necessarily in agreement with kratering, (EDIT: about extracts), but I don’t know everything. EDIT: Extracts is still a topic I know almost nothing about.

What I do know is the vendor mentioned IS new to the ILK APPROVED VENDOR LIST and shares the values of ILK in many ways regarding product quality and personal service for getting new customers or new-to-kratom folks treated well with education and support.

I’ve enjoyed getting familiar with Tea Time Botanical.
Laurie

Last edit: by Laurie.

Kratom and hives — allergy, remedies? 7 months 3 weeks ago #37186

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
HotOtter, THIS JUST IN! This comment got by me the first time. But I found out that kratom use releases HISTAMINE!
That’s why HIVES GET WORSE when used after hives have taken hold. ANTI-histamine is a symptom relief for HIVES.

Sorry I learned this a bit late. But THANK YOU for your kindness in sharing what you suffered through so others might learn (it’s what we do at ILK!)

HOW ARE YOU NOW?!
Laurie

Kratom and hives — allergy, remedies? 7 months 3 weeks ago #37268

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3696

And I’m with you genesis — I’ve been off alcohol a year and 4 months and Kratom is by FAR a better solution in my life. Very thankful for this great forum and all the supportive people on here!

We all know that alcohol is HARD on ther liver, and the liver is the organ that has to process and DETOXIFY any chemicals in the body - even the ones it makes itself through normal metabolism.

SO if a person stops drinking alcohol and allows the liver to get some rest and HEAL... then the body's response to other chemicals and plants like Kratom may just change.
BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds