08 Dec 2012
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND...
A few months ago we asked some of the Approved Vendors to offer some discounts to our community. A lot of them graciously did. We have been asked to bring those discounts back. The following vendors would like to share the love for this forum with you. I know we all appreciate it.
Read More...
This section is for Forum and Kratom industry news and announcements.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: IMPORTANT: VENDORS and affiliates

IMPORTANT: VENDORS and affiliates 1 year 4 months ago #18864

• Laurie
  • Laurie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 2324
Important announcement for website management:

One kratom vendor, so far, has been found to be non-compliant with GoDaddy's Terms of Service notice which forbids those whose Websites are registered through them to sell kratom. His website was "shut down, suspended, and revoked" by GoDaddy yesterday, but was returned today (May 26th) on the condition he would find another registrar within 24 hours. He only received this small concession when he threatened to sue.

This problem could rapidly spread. The source of the problem seems to be a small company called www.legitscript.com/ that has made it their business to consult with domain registrars and other places where products are sold online, such as Facebook and Amazon.com. Legitscript has a list of 350 domain names on their Website that could potentially get the same treatment.

Legitscript.com accepts at face value that kratom is bad because the DEA has it listed as a Drug of Concern and the FDA says they have concerns about its health risks.

GoDaddy is a client of legitscript.com, as are Facebook and Amazon, so this could eventually affect every kratom vendor who sells online.

Nobody needs to panic about this, but rather, they should consider protecting their business by transferring their domain registration and getting away from GoDaddy, ASAP.

Do some research on this over the holiday weekend. Find a registrar that doesn't have sketchy clauses in their Terms of Service and consider moving your domain to a safer registrar that won't pass judgement -- outside of the law -- and shut down your Website and disrupt your business.

The American Kratom Association has offered to help vendors by supplying their attorney with the AKA's "8-Factor Analysis" of kratom, a thorough scientific review of kratom showing its very low potential for abuse and harm.

If any other vendors have been affected by the actions of legitscript.com and GoDaddy, please comment here -- a class action lawsuit may be necessary. Let's all work together to address this threat to selling a legal and life-saving botanical.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, C.O.B, kobegirl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Laurie
Last edit: by Laurie.

IMPORTANT: VENDORS and affiliates 1 year 4 months ago #18868

• Pharmacy Dropout
  • Vendor
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 272
Sadly, this is true. This should stay top news and at the top of ILK. We need to let the other vendors know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, kobegirl

I own and operate www.pharmacy-dropout.com We have the United States leading supply of bulk and retail Thunder God Vine. We also have Kratom, and other exotic botanicals. All of our Products are sold with no intent on use, and are not sold for consumption.

IMPORTANT: VENDORS and affiliates 1 year 4 months ago #18885

• Laurie
  • Laurie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 2324
Hi Jeff,
I only have 40 vendors in my list. I sent them all personal copies of this announcement last night (including you), hoping they look at personal emails over the holiday :)
Please alert those you exchange communication with. My 40 does not scratch the surface of those possibly affected. Madmax might have a longer list! So I'm asking him for info to spread the word. UPDATE: got the longer list from Madmax, but it will take work to get the emails (still very helpful, thanks Madmax!).
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, kobegirl

Laurie
Last edit: by Laurie.

IMPORTANT: VENDORS and affiliates 1 year 4 months ago #18906

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 811
Laurie:

Here's the American Kratom Association's response to this potentially major problem: mailchi.mp/americankratom/kratom-busines...argeted?e=6b40d6d826

Visit the AKA's Facebook group for more info.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, C.O.B, Insense1

;)

IMPORTANT: VENDORS and affiliates 7 months 2 weeks ago #25563

• 1ukgal
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am the Business Development Manager for a Web and IT company We specialize in clients that have high risk businesses such as pharmaceutical companies, CBD oil, E-cig and Kratom Suppliers.
We have created a Web Site solution to this which enables you to not get shut down due to high risk cr card processing accounts.
We have clients that use this as a complete replacement, switch existing regular clients over to it or as a back up in case the inevitable happens. One of our biggest clients had been shut down for a month and lost $1m in sales. Now are up and running using this process.
I would love to arrange a demonstration with you from your comments on this blog I really feel this is something you should be aware of.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

IMPORTANT: VENDORS and affiliates 7 months 2 weeks ago #25566

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 811
We are not a free, no-strings advertising platform, 1ukgal. We require our vendors to be vetted for knowledge of the kratom business, safe ordering practices, and good customer relations, etc. The same rules should apply to those who come here in hopes of selling their services. I'm sure you can understand the need.

I will leave your post up for now. You may be contacted by one of our managers.

I will caution Forum members that we have not vetted this service yet, so let the buyer beware.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Teeswaran

;)

IMPORTANT: VENDORS and affiliates 7 months 1 week ago #25715

• MWCrowder
  • Thank you received: 25
Please send a forum moderator a private email. This is something I am sure vendors would like to know about, however, I would like to discuss this. Also if you are interested in advertising we have those services as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds