Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section is for Forum and Kratom industry news and announcements.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Meanwhile back in Canada - Bill C45 is being debated

Bookmark and Share

Meanwhile back in Canada - Bill C45 is being debated 3 weeks 1 day ago #22973

• holycow#1
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 274
Thank you for setting the record straight Wick! So I assume that leaves just ARKANSAS as the lone state? holycow#1
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Meanwhile back in Canada - Bill C45 is being debated 3 weeks 1 day ago #22974

• holycow#1
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 274
Private Prison Systems! The height of greed, sending more people to prison under the guise of saving the states money!!!! holycow#1

Meanwhile back in Canada - Bill C45 is being debated 3 weeks 21 hours ago #22992

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1105
Wick wrote:

I can hardly wait to try it for myself. I ordered from one of the good friday sales today (3:30 this AM) and already got an email saying the product has been shipped. I went with a sample pack and picked Gold maeng Da, Red Elephant Maeng Da and White Borneo also included a note explaining I was new to Kratom, looking to curb pain and anxiety and to change strains as he saw fit so we shall see what I get. They had good reviews on this site and I can hardly wait. I actually found this site after seeing Kratom in a local head shop and recalling a conversation I had with an online friend a year or so back. So I researched and here I am. The brand at the head shop actually has really good reviews on reddit but is over 3X the price as online ($35 for 3 oz where I got 3 OZ for $11 delivered to my door). After all the testimonials I was so tempted to go out and buy it today but I held out, although my pain didn't and doesn't. If it only helps a little I will be so happy.

I am excited for you to get started too Wick. I know you will get some good results, but trial and error is essential as we are all different. However, as far as chronic pain goes there are many on this forum whose lives have been changed by starting on Kratom. I hope that you will be one of them.

Please stay away from Headshop Kratom. I just viewed the video posted here on the forum (Dr. McCurdy) and at the end he gives two case studies of Kratom users using adulterated Kratom. There was morphine and oxycodone present AND the ratio of the alkaloids in the Mitragyna Speciosa plant was changed from the ratio that occurs naturally in the plant. His message was clear. Doing this alters the safety profile of the plant.

Find good vendors and stick with them.

You might find the attached chart helpful in getting started with deciding what strains to use. I have shared it often.

Some blank parts there for you to fill in too.

Remember we are all individuals and do not react the same way to all strains.

I keep this chart by my Kratom cupboard and use it as reference for deciding what strain might suit my particular needs at that moment
Attachments:
BEV
"Everybody is talking about pain killers, but nobody is talking about pain."
Last Edit: 3 weeks 21 hours ago by bomalley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Wick

Meanwhile back in Canada - Bill C45 is being debated 3 weeks 20 hours ago #22996

• Wick
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Thanks so much for the chart, I bookmarked it and will print it when I get more ink, always running out...

I understand we all have different body chemistry, unfortunately, I have been on the med go around for way too long. I've taken just about every drug know for anxiety and the only thing that works is benzos, once I lost my private insurance I can no longer get them as no doctor that accepts public insurance will prescribe them so they keep trying to give me everything else which I try with no help so far. Maybe some day I'll start a thread explaining my whole situation but it's long and something I'm not real comfortable talking about, even anonymously.

Tracking says my order will be here Monday! I just hope the feds don't do anything stupid with the laws once I find a strain or strains that work, that would be my luck :( Kinda getting off track and didn't mean to hi jack your post, thanks again for the chart!
Last Edit: 3 weeks 20 hours ago by Wick. Reason: more info

Meanwhile back in Canada - Bill C45 is being debated 3 weeks 17 hours ago #23005

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
Your story is familiar to many on this forum.

We all have our own unique stories. Nobody ends up on this forum without some kind of backstory! and you are NOT required to share it if you do not want to.

Lots of people here use Kratom for anxiety too.

I am full of hope for you.

Every journey forward starts with a single step...looks like you have taken that first hesitant step!
BEV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Wick

Meanwhile back in Canada - Bill C45 is being debated 2 weeks 5 days ago #23057

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
Tracking says my order will be here Monday!

Well it is Monday...

Looking forward to your progress report and how things worked out for your maiden Kratom flight!
BEV

Meanwhile back in Canada - Bill C45 is being debated 2 weeks 5 days ago #23058

• Wick
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Order arrived as scheduled, very pleased, only took 3 days to go across the country, heavy duty vacuum sealed bags. I tried the Indo Gold, 1 tsp. on empty stomach. I'm VERY impressed. Mixed it with iced tea, wasn't bad, reminded me of a strong green smoothie. I bet it would be good mixed in with a green smoothie but maybe too filling. I'll have to write them a review.

Meanwhile back in Canada - Bill C45 is being debated 1 week 3 days ago #23224

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
Some of you may recognize this man...he is the Canadian Prime Minister.

JTandGH.jpg

I went to a political rally on the weekend and it was for the Liberal party.

We are in the middle of a by-election here in my riding and Justin Trudeau was in town to support the Liberal candidate in the by-election. I definitely do NOT want the Conservative candidate to get the seat!

So Justin Trudeau has been instrumental in leading the government towards the legalization of Marijuana. Law has now passed in the house and is off to the senate. Provinces are working on legislation for distribution and enforcement of the regulations. My own province will be following the model already established for alcohol.

The province will distribute the products and private retailers will have to buy from them (just like alcohol).

I have decided that if the Liberal candidate gets in (I am pretty certain he will) then I am going to become a little more proactive in bringing the Kratom situation to the attention of his office and see if I can help in anyway.

But I have to wait until he gets settled after being elected.

This by-election is Dec 11, but I have already voted in advance polls.

I will be watching what you are all doing in the US and I will certainly be curating good content and research to make the case. So anything you are posting here (videos etc) I will be keeping in my portfolio.

There is a considerable amount of research already on mitragynine and 7 hydroxymitragynine, and many sociologists and psychologists have done research on patterns of Kratom use, BUT what we are lacking is research that supports best practice.

Those of us here on the forums have probably learned more than the scientists on that matter!.
BEV
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by bomalley. Reason: rotate picture
  • Page:
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds