07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
This section is for Forum and Kratom industry news and announcements.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Truth, Lies or Incompetence?

Truth, Lies or Incompetence? 5 months 4 weeks ago #39872

• Radio Dano
  • Radio Dano's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
I am investigating a death in Franklin County Missouri that was a supposed direct kratom related death. The husband of the deceased prompted the unsuccessful attempt to ban kratom in St. Charles County Mo. Per a story on KMOV in St. Louis, a Franklin County woman was found unconscious on 2/7/2019 and later passed away. This is a quote from the story on their website:

"He was baffled (the husband) until the medical examiner showed him the autopsy report.

“When they told me she died of Kratom poisoning, I lost my mind. The one thing we thought was giving her some kind of quality of life back is the thing that killed her," he said.

The cause of her death on the report is listed as Mitragynne intoxication. Mitragyna is commonly known as Kratom."

When looking at the FDA.gov website for "Mitragynine Intoxication", we see that the examples of cause of death provided, all have other substances in their system and some at lethal levels. They cannot rule out adulterated kratom.

I am investigating this for my podcast because, quite simply, I am trying to find a direct kratom related death. I, myself want to know if there is any inherent danger in using kratom and can't really find any dangers outside of misinformation provided by these copy-stamped stories by irresponsible news agencies. I suspect that KMOV, or rather someone in their news department has a bias against kratom based on the number of recent news stories on their website. I am unsure of what their agenda is unless it is to get the sensational story for ratings. It is quite possible that the reporting is based on ignorance of the subject.

I have requested the Coroner's report on the Franklin County death as it is a matter of public record. I suspect that the report will show that other substances will be found or that adulterated kratom won't be ruled out.

My opinion: we should be standing up against those companies that are adulterating their kratom. If their product is responsible for somebody's death, then they should be prosecuted. They can't use the "not for human consumption" as an excuse.

So, are the Coroners reporting mitragynine intoxication/poisoning incompetent? What is mitragynine intoxication/poisoning exactly and at what levels is it toxic? Are they lies to cover for their incompetence? Is there some underlying agenda? Big Pharma maybe? Or are they speaking the truth and kratom is dangerous?

Sorry for the rambling...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Radio Dano.

Truth, Lies or Incompetence? 5 months 4 weeks ago #39873

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3943
Thank you Dano , no such thing as a bad ramble about the advocating intention of this “HELPFUL &HEALING “ leaf!!

Thx for your endeavor to get to the bottom of this issue about the misinformed news and the oeole that believes their nonsense

So nice to have you here (L)

Brandon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie, Radio Dano

Truth, Lies or Incompetence? 5 months 4 weeks ago #39874

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3362
This might help
I be back later I think I have a few more links, but check this out
nexusnewsfeed.com/article/human-rights/f...eZv20B9JtFz9gtly7O-M
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, bomalley, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie, Radio Dano

Truth, Lies or Incompetence? 5 months 4 weeks ago #39875

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 7945
Sounds like a very worthwhile and overdue endeavor.

I have only heard rumors and falsehoods including one “kratom death” that also included a gunshot wound! I threw up my hands at that point, figuring the people with this agenda have NO interest in facts, whatsoever.

I haven’t much to add for your podcast except I hope you use the opportunity to clarify who is naming the “cause of death”. Coroners are not required to have any medical training, whereas medical examiners ‘probably’ are, but that also isn’t clear.
It would be helpful to know if a medically trained person is making such a determination.

Thanks so much and if you think of anything I can do to help your investigation, just let me know.

I’ve only been experimenting with the leaf since 2014/2015 and have not yet ever vomited from overuse. But I have gotten ‘the wobbles” unintentionally and I’ve had a few unplanned ‘naps’ as a result of overindulgence. I consider these unpleasantries and not threats to my life.

Thanks for looking into this!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie, Radio Dano

Truth, Lies or Incompetence? 5 months 4 weeks ago #39876

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 1092
According to Dr. Jack Henningfield, PhD, drug toxicity researcher, there never has been an established LD-50 for kratom (lethal dose for 50% of those who take that much). So, my guess is that this woman died of some pre-existing condition -- and, since she had Mitragynine her system -- the coroner chose to blame kratom.

I recall from a recent AKA Webinar Mac Haddow, I believe, pointed out that these "kratom caused deaths" have shown a wide range of blood levels, which doesn't fit with the "kratom as cause of death" model. We are expected to forget that people die for organ failure, electrolyte imbalances, and "natural causes" all the time -- all w/o kratom ever having been in their system! This is a witch hunt to scare sensible people who want relief away from trying kratom, imho, since the FDA doesn't have the science to prove it is actually dangerous.
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie, Radio Dano

Last edit: by kemppaulh. Reason: typo

Truth, Lies or Incompetence? 5 months 4 weeks ago #39877

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3943
Thank you Dano , no such thing as a bad ramble about the advocating intention of this “HELPFUL &HEALING “ leaf!!

Thx for your endeavor to get to the bottom of this issue about the misinformed news and the oeole that believes their nonsense

So nice to have you here (L)

Brandon

Truth, Lies or Incompetence? 5 months 4 weeks ago #39879

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3362

Truth, Lies or Incompetence? 5 months 4 weeks ago #39880

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1169
Good afternoon everyone! (waving wildly)! This sort of crap really disgusts me. I really believe in a "Libertarian" approach to the use of altering substances. It's a lot cheaper for everyone involved to treat the cause. You know damn well that someone is on the "take" when there are intentional misrepresented facts. Why this government would bemoan the horrors of the opioid abuse epidemic and at the same time condemn Kratom is nothing short of arrogant deception! I don't believe a word any agency says, an agency with governmental oversight, about the so called Kratom deaths. What these health officials aren't telling people in an aside to the reporting of the so called deaths from Kratom is how many homicides, deaths by liver and heart failure etc... from alcohol. How many deaths on that given day, 2 full jumbo jets worth, from tobacco!!! How many deaths from the very food that people are killing themselves with from palm kernel oil. It's also my understanding from my own studies that it's impossible to overdose on Kratom. You would puke if you took the amount of Kratom required for an overdose. And even then you couldn't overdose. It's like cannabis. You're going to reach a certain high whether it's a joint or a frigging pound!!! This is a leaf that the AMA and Big Pharma want to manipulate and sell to opioid dependent souls at an exorbitant price. The government is pi$$ed off because we the people had the audacity NOT to ask PERMISSION first! It's the big LIE that really chap$ my a$$. And the main stream media is in on it. The deregulation of the airwaves has harmed this country in uncountable ways. There is hardly any investigative journalism anymore because less than 5 companies OWN all news outlets. It's the largest Ponzi scheme that has ever been perpetrated against the American people in the history of this country! I've been educating my neighbors. Most knew nothing about Kratom other than the crap that is being force fed to them on the evening news. SHAME on the alphabet agencies and their minions in the press! Free speech my a$$.

Phew! Alright. I'm done ranting.

Be blessed!

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Radio Dano

Truth, Lies or Incompetence? 5 months 4 weeks ago #39881

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1169
By the way as an appendage to my previous post. If it wasn't for Kratom I'd be looking for the first exit off of this freeway of life! That's how much pain and misery I was in.

Be blessed.

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Radio Dano

Truth, Lies or Incompetence? 5 months 4 weeks ago #39883

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 1524
I commented in the more-deaths-being-attributed-to-kratom-use-garbage thread about this.

www.ilovekratom.com/forum/news-and-annou...tart=60#.XQAqpVxKi70

Maybe I should have done it here instead. :-?

Robie,
It's good to see that your still full of pi$$ and vinegar. You must be on the mend! :-bd :lol:

Don
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Robie, Radio Dano

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds