07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
General discussion regarding Plain Leaf Kratom, Opinions, Questions and Experiences. Or feel free to talk about your favorite kind of Plain Leaf Kratom.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Red Sulawesi Kratom

Red Sulawesi Kratom 1 year 2 months ago #23668

• br0ken85
  • br0ken85's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I am very new to ordering kratom online. My previous experience was buying green MD kratom from my local smoke shop. I picked this kind because it was their best seller and they had a very limited variety. My first few orders online were also for green MD (since I knew it worked) but I started doing research. My primary use for kratom is pain management for several herniated discs and pinched nerves in my back and neck. Research told me red strains are best for this and I ordered some Thai red horn and some red Sulawesi. I've been able to find reviews and information about the Thai red horn but very little about the red Sulawesi. The site I ordered from (SoCal) had lab results of these 2 strains showing the percentage of one of the active compounds in each strain (sorry, I forget which compound) and the Sulawesi was a bit higher than the Thai red horn. If anyone has any experience with red Sulawesi, I would appreciate any input with your thoughts on this strain. I would also love any suggestions for strains that are best for pain relief of back and nerve pain.

This is my first post on this forum since I just came across it, but I have a feeling I'll be a regular. Everyone seems to helpful and nice to each other, just my kind of place.

Thanks for any and all help/suggestions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Red Sulawesi Kratom 1 year 2 months ago #23674

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3187
Mitragynine is the main alkaloid that helps with pain relief...so look for higher levels of that in any analysis report.

You are right...reds have more of this than other strains. I am not familiar with Red Sulawesi BUT, usually the strains are named after a geographic area so Red Sulawesi is probably a red strain from the Sulawesi area.

Red Borneo is my favourite for pain relief. There are very few reds that did not work for me for pain management. I think Red Hulu Kapuas is the only one so far that was a dud for me.

The differences in action between strains from different vendors is really just dependent on the alkaloid content. Climate and soil conditions can affect the alkaloid profile. Also what time of year the leaves are harvest can be a factor. It would be nice if they were labelled as to the percentage of mitragynine so we could make more informed choices.

But for now it is really up to each of us to find a good vendor and stick with them. Generally the smokeshops are NOT the place to go for good Kratom.

Better to stick with a vendor who makes their living mostly from Kratom sales, as they invest more energy in finding good product I think and have a good variety of strains available.

Welcome and I am glad you decided to participate....we all learn together here.
BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Nan70, br0ken85

Red Sulawesi Kratom 1 year 2 months ago #23675

• Nessa
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 272
The red Borneo or the super red Borneo from Socal are imo best for pain, I've had the red Suluwasi and wasn't very impressed by it. Red Maeng Da was good as well. They have a lot of choices but the ones I'm always interested in are usually out of stock.
KRATOM=HOPE
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Red Sulawesi Kratom 1 year 2 months ago #23677

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Nessa....

I forgot to add to my post that I am in Canada so cannot help br0ken85 with vendor comments as I do not order in the US.

I like Red MAeng Da too. Not as sedating as the Red Borneo so great for daytime use. If you get a chance to get a Red Bentuangie try that too...one of my new favourites.

I haven't seen you post for a while Nessa....nice to see you back in action on the forum!
BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Nessa

Last edit: by bomalley.

Red Sulawesi Kratom 1 year 2 months ago #23680

• Nessa
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you bomalley! I've had a lot of mechanical work done on my car, and just didn't have the funds in my budget for any Kratom for awhile, so I've just been lurking :) My grandmother blessed us with a bit of cash so I was able to get 250 grams from Socal a couple weeks ago.
KRATOM=HOPE

Red Sulawesi Kratom 1 year 2 months ago #23681

• Nessa
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

br0ken85 wrote: I am very new to ordering kratom online. My previous experience was buying green MD kratom from my local smoke shop. I picked this kind because it was their best seller and they had a very limited variety. My first few orders online were also for green MD (since I knew it worked) but I started doing research. My primary use for kratom is pain management for several herniated discs and pinched nerves in my back and neck. Research told me red strains are best for this and I ordered some Thai red horn and some red Sulawesi. I've been able to find reviews and information about the Thai red horn but very little about the red Sulawesi. The site I ordered from (SoCal) had lab results of these 2 strains showing the percentage of one of the active compounds in each strain (sorry, I forget which compound) and the Sulawesi was a bit higher than the Thai red horn. If anyone has any experience with red Sulawesi, I would appreciate any input with your thoughts on this strain. I would also love any suggestions for strains that are best for pain relief of back and nerve pain.

This is my first post on this forum since I just came across it, but I have a feeling I'll be a regular. Everyone seems to helpful and nice to each other, just my kind of place.

Thanks for any and all help/suggestions.

I'd like to also suggest my number one vendor and many folks here have great things to say about him, and the quality of his Kratom and service...Christopher's Organic Botanicals has by far the best quality than any vendors I've tried so far.
His Red Borneo is the best I've had for pain relief, his green Vietnam has the best mood boost with energy than others...pretty much all his Kratom is spot on in quality. Give him a go, you won't be disappointed!
KRATOM=HOPE

Red Sulawesi Kratom 1 year 2 months ago #23718

• gmantheman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 736
I thought the Red Suluwesi from Re-Leaf LLC was an above average red strain. One vendor may have a good batch of red sulu and another a not so good batch.

I do agree about COB. If I had to pick one go to vendor, Chris' would be it.

Red Sulawesi Kratom 1 year 2 months ago #23729

• Nessa
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Not sure about Re-Leaf having it, as I've never been through him yet, but back when I had ordered from Socal they had it, Idk. I'd be interested in trying it from another vendor though. I've learned throughout others and my own experience a strain can vary from batch to batch or from different vendors, so it can be pretty hard to track down a strain's effectiveness based on the assumption they are all the same.
KRATOM=HOPE

Red Sulawesi Kratom 1 year 2 months ago #23732

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 2936
No kidding. I don’t even get the same results from the same strain in the same batch from one day to another day.

Hi Nessa! :-h Happy Holidays to you both!
Laurie

Last edit: by Laurie.

Red Sulawesi Kratom 1 year 2 months ago #23733

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Laurie wrote: No kidding. I don’t even get the same results from the same strain in the same batch from one day to another day.

Differences between strains is really just a result of the changes in the alkaloid content... don't you think?

twistedchemist has given us information about how conditions such as climate and soil conditions can affect how the plant grows, so even the same strain from the same vendor might have variations in alkaloids depending on the year, the season and when it was picked.

The same goes for vegetables you grow in your garden. Eg It would be impossible to get the EXACT same nutrient profile from carrots every year.

Same goes for M Speciosa as it grows under the influence of the sun, the soil, and the rain. It is NOT made in a factory under strict, standardized conditions so variations are just part of its charm and mystery.
BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds