TOPIC: Kristen's Kratom Reviews

Bookmark and Share

Kristen's Kratom Reviews 2 years 10 months ago #1714

• Kristen2020
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
:-h
Hi Everyone.
I thought I would use this thread to post my reviews. I constantly buy from various vendors, so watch this thread for updates where I will review the strains I am currently trying out. Today I am reviewing this week's strains, which I ordered from Happy Hippo.

This week's vendor.

Happy Hippo's kratom IS a little bit on the expensive side but to their credit they have excellent customer service, fairly fast shipping, and proprietary blends is their specialty. They claim a very high quality control. They don't have dedicated credit card processing so ordering from them is a little tricky, but once you get the hang of it, it's not an issue.

OK, so I received my "happy-hippo" kratom fairly quickly (I ordered on Monday and received on Thursday, but mind you, we had terrible weather that week).
Strains I have tried.

1.Happy Hippo I by Happy Hippo. This is a simple, subtle, pleasant clean feeling kratom which I appreciate because it's so "simple" and is lacking that heaviness and complexity that some strains give. It's not a terribly long lasting aroma, I would say about 4 hours after burning, with clean consistent results. I'm going to say it's a little bit IQ-boosting, (or perhaps confidence boosting), because I never second guessed myself. There's a little bit irritability for me associated with this aroma, especially when it comes to sounds/or loud music.

Euphoria: A
Mood: Mild elevation.
Focus: Above average increase
Confidence: Mild increase
Long Lasting: 4-5 hrs.
Speed: Fast to Moderate.
Overall Rated: A.
You will like it for: There are no side effects associated with this strain.
You won't like it for: N/A

2.Sleepy Hippo by Happy Hippo. This is one of the stronger aromas. I didn't take it for sleep, for me this strain is quite a "productive" and gave me calm focus that I loved.(only second to white sumatra, which I will review next week). It's not as subtle as HH1, but rather, it seems to "hit me" 20 minutes later, giving energy rather than making me sleepy. Really enjoyable, and has relieved my tooth ache (which I have developed last week).
Speed: Fast
Focus: Mild Increase
Long Lasting: 6 hrs
Overall Rating: A
Pros: Strong aroma
Cons: Quite complex, associated with common side effects such as nausea.

3.Magic Hippo blend by Happy Hippo. This is also a very strong strain. This strain made me feel very dull, reflective and unproductive - others refer to this effect as mildly sedative. I found myself absent-minded and lost in thoughts, and I had a pronounced dullness and tiredness. It affects focus negatively, causing me to re-read text and making me unable to understand what I am reading.

Speed: Slow
Focus: Moderate Descrease
Confidence: Above average increase
Mood: Slight increase
Euphoria: B
Long-lasting: 6 hrs
Overall Rating: B
You will like it for: Sedation
You will dislike it for: common side effect is nausea :sick:

4.Hyper Hippo by Happy Hippo. If you like maeng-da, this is what Hyper Hippo is. Boost in energy, focus, speed. I have love-hate relationship with maeng da, as it seems to be VERY complex aroma, with different effects every hour and every time. It's a fast speed aroma, but I become very irritated and jittery while on it. Note: every vendor's maeng da is not the same. My productiveness is slightly increased. One thing I should warn about: I get TERRIBLE headdaches on maeng da. I figured out the reason - never mix maeng da with any other strain, this seems to be the cause. As long as you don't mix this strain with any other (even maeng-da from other vendors), you won't get headdaches.

Focus: Mildly increased
Overall Rating: A-B, it's a very complex, heavy aroma.
You will like it for: energy, focus.
You will not like it for: headdaches, irritability, it will seem almost "too fast" like you had too much coffee, lack of patience

5.Pleasant Hippo by Happy Hippo

Pleasant Hippo is indeed pleasant and long lasting. There's a difference of how someone feels and how one performs on it, and I don't like myself on it. There's lack of focus on it (not as bad as Super Indo, but definitely noticeable). While there's an overall content that goes along with Pleasant Hippo's gentle euphoria, what it lacks is the feeling of empowerment and energy that I get from other strains. Overall its a nice aroma and you will be able to be functional on it but the day will be filled with absent-mindedness, "being inside of yourself" and reflection.

Euphoria: A-
Speed: Slow
Focus: Moderately decreased.
You will like it for: Slow onset of euphoria that lasts a really long time.
You will dislike it for: Moderately dicreased focus, forgetfulness, feeling of slowness.
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Kristen2020.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Lurkinman

Kristen's Kratom Reviews 2 years 9 months ago #1762

• Kristen2020
  • Junior Boarder
Hello and welcome to Kristen's Kratom Reviews.
Last week's strains I have tried were two strains by Deep Jungle Kratom.

As a vendor, Deep Jungle Kratom is very discreet, communicate fast, and are on the expensive side ONLY because they force you to buy bulk. (so in the long runs it's not expensive but actually comes out cheaper). Their website is not terribly descriptive and on the simple side - their selection is also not huge but it seems like they carry more strains if you inquire within. Overall seems like a solid vendor who ships the same day and stand for above average quality. I am looking forward to reviewing more strains from them in the future.

1.Maeng Da by DJK. I will say that this vendor's kratom was a bit stronger than anything I've tried before (only compares to some blends), so I was very impressed. Also of note that each vendor's kratom is a little bit different just as it can be different from batch to batch. The Maeng Da I've tried from DJK was very smooth, and a bit calmer than I anticipated from Maeng Da's usual "jitters". Also of note that this strain made me unusually patient (usually I notice the opposite effect). Maeng da is a very complex and heavy aroma - definitely one of the strongest out there and I highly recommend it for every kratom hobbyist.
Focus: Above Average Increase
Confidence: Moderate Increase
You will like it for: lighting-speed reaction, energy, unusual patience and tolerance towards irritants
You will dislike it for: complexity, side effect is extreme headdache (to avoid, only burn this aroma on one dedicated day, do not mix with anything else).

2.White Sumatra Kratom by DJK.
This is my favorite kratom strain FROM THIS VENDOR and overall(as of right now), and my favorites constantly change so it should not be a factor for you. Objectively speaking, this is above average, a really strong Kratom with a very high euphoria associated with it. It's quite long lasting (6-7 hrs) and its usual side effect is moderate to extreme nausea upon wearing out - so the last two hours you will want to have ginger candy on hand. The feeling on it it a slight buzz (a light sedation) but in conjunction with moderate speed. Needless to say I went through it very fast and I don't think it's even listed on DJK's website, so you'll have to inquire.

Euphoria: A+
Speed: Moderate to Fast
Sedation: Slight
Confidence: Increased
Mood Elevation: Moderate
Focus: No Impact to very slight increase
Overall Rating: Very enjoyable strain, A
You will like it for: One of the stronger strains out there
You will not like it for: very pronounced common side effect is nausea after 4 hours or so. Not a big issue.
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Kristen2020.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Kristen's Kratom Reviews 2 years 9 months ago #1763

• Kristen2020
  • Junior Boarder
Hello and Happy New Year 2015 for all Kratom Hobbyist Community!
May all your goals be achieved!!!

This week I have ordered from a new vendor and it's called a Green Leaf Kratom. It should be mentioned though, that I've tried ordering from Kratom-K but wasn't able to because they don't have a credit card processor AND no alternative methods of payment as of right now so that review is postponed for now. They told me to "wait for an update" at which point I have decided to try out another vendor.

I will start with the vendor review, GREEN LEAF is a very friendly and highly descriptive website with a HUGE selection that was very easy to navigate. Ordering was a breeze. Prices were relatively low. Shipping was fast and I had no glitches whatsoever in the whole process.

Now next I will proceed with the actual strains that I have from them - I have MANY so the review will have to be edited down the road.

I will start with my favorite strain so far from this vendor,

1.Vietnam Kratom from Green Leaf. It's a very smooth, simple, moderately fast, extremely pleasant kratom strain which pleasantly surprised me.

Speed: Moderate to Fast
Focus: Above average increase
Confidence: Slight Increase
Duration: 4-5 hrs
Side Effects: Nausea :sick:
You will like it for: clean, rather simple, excellent mood lifter, gentle and uplifting.
You will not like it for: what's not to like?

2.White Sumatra Kratom from Green Leaf.
This is another proof that strains from vendor to vendor are absolutely not the same. Just because they carry the same name or the same origin doesn't mean they are the same batch or were processed in the same way. White Sumatra by Green Leaf was a "miss" for for me (least favorite) in comparison with DJK's white sumatra, and I gave it a fair try without mixing it with anything else for a full day. Common side effects on it were pronounced stomach, and chest pain, very "drugged-up" soggy feeling that made me want to immediately lie down (I am someone who is extremely active).

Euphoria: C (not pronounced)
Speed: Above average slow down (sudden decrease in energy)
Focus: Slight to Moderate dicrease.
Mood: Decrease
Duration: ~5 hrs
You will like it for: complexity, heaviness, heavy sedation
You will dislike it for: numerous side effects.

3.Bentuagie Kratom by Green Leaf. Overall Bentuagie by Green Leaf is a slow strain so it should be taken at night - it just knocks me right out and I fall asleep within 5 minutes. (When burning 5 g). I have tried burning lesser dosages with better results - 2,5 and 3 gram will not knock you out and you will feel sedated but able to function. Bentuagie has a pronounced pain killing effect (tried and tested) which is pretty amazing. Another pronounced effect is mood lifting and happy content feeling. Euphoria is not "as pronounced" to me as say, Maeng Da kratom, but this strain is definitely very respectable for its pain killing and sleep inducing qualities and I should also add, no side effects.
Euphoria: B/B-
Speed: Very slow, to moderately slow (Small quantity recommended for during the daytime)
Mood: Above Average Increase
Duration: 6 hrs, above average
You will like it for: sedative and pain-killing, as well as mood lifting effect. In a bad mood? Bentuagie is for you.
You will dislike it for: it's not a mild nor gentle kratom, this is one of the stronger sedative strains which should be burned with caution and in low doses so you can adjust as needed. In higher doses, the common side effects is nausea and stomach discomfort.
4.Super Indo by Green Leaf
Overall a very pleasant and highly energetic aroma but there's something to be said of its ability to impact on one's focus!!! It's speedy and highly productive and I recommend this strain to kill procrastination but don't do anything tedious including driving; it also made me very forgetful.
Euphoria A
Speed: Above average fast
Focus: Above average decrease
Confidence: Moderate Increase
You will like it for: Ability to be highly productive; feeling of calm confidence; increase of patience and tolerance; inability to get upset even in upsetting circumstance; increase if sociability
You will dislike it for: makes you forgetful; very detrimental to ones focus; if driving you might get lost; not suited for intellectual tasks
5. Classic Bali by Green Leaf
Bali is a very soothing, calming strain. It actually aids in indigestion and feels like a warm blanket with a slow come-up. Other properties include anxiolytic and sedative, gentle and a good sleep aid. Increases tolerance to irritants. As with many other kratom strains, enhanced visuals and audial perception. Not too heavy, you are still able to be very busy and jump from activity to activity on it.
1.Euphoria A
2.Confidence: Increase
3.Focus: slight decrease
4.Speed: Slow
5.Mood: Increase
You will love it for: soothing calming warm feeling. Lightness/anxiety relief. Stomach support. Subtle and yet always very effective. Increased sociability.
You will dislike it for: nothing not to like. A solid performer for your slow days/nights. Not a strain for being productive.

6.Super Malay. This one is one of my favorites, along with Vietnam strain which is a bit stronger. However this one is a great fast strain that is very enjoyable, doesn't affect my focus negatively, and has no side effects. Unfortunately it doesn't last very long.
1.Euphoria A
2.Confidence: Increase
3.Speed: Fast
4.Focus: Slight Increase
You will like it for: slow and steady onset, a gentle/mild euphoria.
You will dislike it for: irritability and lack of tolerance is a common side effect of this strain
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Kristen2020.

Kristen's Kratom Reviews 2 years 9 months ago #1766

• Ddavis1966
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, and thanks for the great reviews! So from reading your posts, it looks like Bentuagie Kratom by Green Leaf. has the best pain relieving properties. Is this the best pain relieving strain you have ever tried or is there another variety that you would recommend for this purpose also?

Greatly appreciate your expertise!

Thanks,

David in Denver

Kristen's Kratom Reviews 2 years 9 months ago #1767

• Kristen2020
  • Junior Boarder
Hi David -
Thank you.! I love kratom!
As far as for pain relief property. As a disclaimer I am not in any chronic pain - I am a healthy young adult; so it would be hard for me to review this property properly across all the strains /vendors I try out (new ones each week)...I will be posting any such experiences if they come up. I think it will be good to log them so I don't forget :)
In fact now that I think back, I do have experience with other strains (Maeng da comes to mind) that have helped me with menstrual cramps and in case with Bentuagie Kratom it was only by sheer luck that I hurt my arm playing golf that day and was able to notice a tremendous pain relief.
I hope that helped -
Kristen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, mystickratom

Kristen's Kratom Reviews 2 years 9 months ago #1785

• Kottonmouth
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 4
Ddavis1966 wrote:
Hi, and thanks for the great reviews! So from reading your posts, it looks like Bentuagie Kratom by Green Leaf. has the best pain relieving properties. Is this the best pain relieving strain you have ever tried or is there another variety that you would recommend for this purpose also?

Greatly appreciate your expertise!

Thanks,

David in Denver

IME (2 years, chronic lumbar pain) Red Vein Borneo, OG Bali(red), Red Sumatra all have GREAT analgesic qualities...(Jury's still out on red thai) If yu are looking for the most potent reds, I'd recommend you give phytoextractum.com a shot. Sign up for newsletter and they give 20% off every Monday...plus free fedex overnight if you spend over 99$(which is REALLY easy to do, lol) For cheaper places, check out some of my other posts, I'm starting to feel like an advertiser or some shit!
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Kottonmouth.

Kristen's Kratom Reviews 2 years 9 months ago #1859

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 1040
I fail to see dates on here to see how current this info is. Can we look forward to future reviews?
Laurie

Kristen's Kratom Reviews 2 years 8 months ago #1864

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
The date issue is resolved on a bigger device. Still looking forward to more reviews. Thanks!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kristen2020

Kristen's Kratom Reviews 2 years 8 months ago #1873

• Kristen2020
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks. If you have any particular strains that you would like to see reviewed in the future, let me know and I will feature them.

Also I want to add the biggest, and most exciting impact for me in my personal Kratom Journey - totally unanticipated this, so just had to share!. So the one side effect I got from burning kratom leaf, is that surprisingly, it had totally cured my allergy. As a decade-long severe allergy sufferer I found it quite surprising to have completely eliminated the need for numerous meds. I no longer take inhaler nor Benadryl/Zyrtec in the AM and PM (I had to rotate the medicines like Benadryl, Allegra, Zyrtec and Lotradine to keep my allergies at bay, as sometimes a certain type would suddenly stop helping). This was a welcome side effect and I would be curious to see if there are any other allergy sufferers who can report the same. This has been a miracle for me - no longer do I have to constantly pack bottles of pills in all my purses and near my bedside. Today, I am medicine-free at last! :-P

So now, on to the today's reviews.

I will include dates from now on for future reference. Today I will continue some Green Leaf reviews, as I just got some new strains.
01/20/15. Green Vein Thai from Green Leaf.
A wonderful, pleasant and subtle strain. If you are tired from "strong" feelings on Kratom and for a change,would prefer something completely subtle during the day, Green Vein from Thailand is just the thing. If taken in the morning on an empty stomach, you will definitely feel it as a gentle wave of energy and euphoria that's very smooth. During the daytime/with food in your stomach, you might not feel any euphoria at all and the energy wave from this strain is very natural and non-jittery.
Euphoria: B
Confidence: Slight Increase. Not a care in the world. Very comfortable in one's skin.
Duration: 4-5 hours
You will like it for: Subtleness; gentle pick-me-up waves of energy; functional during the day.
You will not like it for: If you want a stronger strain with a bigger impact, this might not be for you.

01/21/15 Green Vein Riau from Green Leaf.
I was under the impression that this was going to be a fast strain, but to my surprise, I was wrong. Upon burning, I developed extreme sleepiness and fell asleep in the early morning for an hour of nap. It definitely packs a punch in terms of euphoria, and starts out rather quickly.
Euphoria A+
Speed: Moderately SLOW
Duration: 4 Hours
You will like it for: Quick-setting effects, strong euphoria
You will not like it for: Not to be taken in the morning or daytime - save this one for night time and be ready for a quick doze off.
01/19/15 Hulu Kapuas Kratom from Green Leaf.
The biggest disappointment to date from this vendor for me, the Hulu Kapuas left to be much desired as I felt absolutely nothing, not even a hint of anything, I might as well burn a lavender leaf. Could this particular strain been possibly an old/bad batch? Thoughout the various vendors I usually have my favorites and least favorites but this is by far my first experience of a complete "bad apple". I am curious what will the vendor respond.
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Kristen2020.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Kristen's Kratom Reviews 2 years 8 months ago #1877

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Thank you. Kristen! The biggest drawback (the only one, but it's big) of Kratom is in the testing. I find it terribly time consuming to find the right vendor, strain for the right occasion. Your blog work is a BIG HELP for newbies and lifers (I shall be a lifer).
I wish (!!) I had the same allergy issues resolved. I do NOT get that side effect from anything I have tried thus far. Relief from pain, depression and sometimes anxiety are my biggest reasons for using kratom. I noticed one side effect I have is, with my depression gone, I have an appetite again! I had lost almost 50 pounds from stress anxiety and used opiates to relieve some of it. But over time, my tolerance grew and I found kratom and it helped me dump opiates eadily, since opiates do not relieve depression as well, though opiates did help keep me going until I found kratom.
Alas, I still need my multitude of allergy pills. That is a wonderful side effect for YOU!
I am glad to be eating properly again. After 2-3 weeks, my loved ones and co-workers are amazed at the change! I look less puffy and washed out, and one woman said, "you no longer look as though you will fade in the wind".
I can't wait to update my selfie photo. The last one I thought was remotely shareable shows my breast bones as though I was anorexic! Of course, everyone compliments a skinny woman, but I am only thin when I have been through severe life trauma! Kratom has given my life back. I hope I can afford to keep it (I worry about building up tolerance to my favorite strains). I still have some new purchases to try on days when I do not need to drive, since some kratom' effect vision . That is never a fun benefit for my purposes. Thanks again for doing some of the legwork! I find it incredibly useful and helpful, and have made purchases based on your great rating system! Happy Thursday, kratomites!
Laurie
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds