07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Vendor Reviews
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: First Gaia order

First Gaia order 3 months 4 days ago #32612

• GOE1122
  • GOE1122's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Just got my first gaia order today. 1 oz. Red kapuas hulu, 1 oz Green MD, and 5 grams 20x powdered maeng da extract. They also threw in a free 1 oz. Purple 8-1 which I knew nothing about until the free sample looked it up and cant wait to try it! First let me say the shipping was extremely quick. Ordered on fri around 5 pm and got it on mon morning. I have only tried the RKH so far about 4-5 grams and absolutely great quality. I normally take k-shots. I know this is frowned upon, extremely expensive , and can mess up your tolerance so I had to go back to where I first started with the powder. The dosage of RKH i just took has me feeling better than the k-shots and way cheaper. I cant wait to try the others so I can find out which I like best and buy in bulk. I'm glad that I chose gaia. The quality, fast shipping, and free sample were enough for me to make my first post and shop with them from now on. A couple of questions has anyone else been this satisfied with gaia? Should I always expect good quality or are they hit and miss sometimes? And lastly what other strains would you suggest trying from them? Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by GOE1122.

First Gaia order 3 months 4 days ago #32613

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 300
Hey there , happy you posted your experience about Gaia,

They were one of the first vendors I ordered from. At first I was very happy by the price and quality, ordered maybe 4x total, my first order was the best and the other three I was a bit less stoked on them. I also keep in mind that batches varies and some strains just don’t hit home. Please know that I’m not painting them in a negative light.. After communicating with the owner a few times I can’t say that he gave much mind to answering my questions I had about product quality and consistency. Which led me to searching out different vendors that gave me more depth and care of communicating with me,

I say if your happy then that’s the most important aspect of your experience,

As ive gone further down the path of my Kratom regimen I have found that trying out different vendors, finding the ones that are effective and that meets my needs and building good relationships with them has many benefits. Different vendors, different source of kratom ... different alkaloid profile .. you find a few strains that you continue to go back to and rotate between your favorite vendors .

It’s a process of discovery and it’s great when you find a source/ sources that hit home consistently

Happy trails my friend

First Gaia order 3 months 4 days ago #32623

• kratom88NY
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 131
Hi GOE,
I've had the same exact experience as the previous poster. I enjoyed one strain quite a lot but the others didn't do it for me. Customer service was not a help. I would order from them again if the owner gave a rats ass about the 3 other varieties that I purchased and was unhappy with. They do not honor returns or satisfaction, that I can say for certain.

Even though he is a bit cheaper than others, buy small first because you may also experience what others have. Since you found one that you like, you may just add that one into your rotation. I often buy from a variety of vendors to keep things new and fresh.

I'm not one to typically hold a grudge so I may consider trying them again but it'll certainly be at my own risk.

Last edit: by kratom88NY.

First Gaia order 3 months 4 days ago #32625

• GOE1122
  • GOE1122's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Thanks for the feedback guys. Sounds kinda like they may really try to make first time customers happy then not care. I'll still stick w them until they give me a reason not to. I was debating between them and happy hippo and went with them. Any experience w hh?

First Gaia order 3 months 4 days ago #32627

• PhillyCheeze
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 343
Unfortunately, GAIA's prices recently doubled. They went from 'really reasonable' to nearly "Happy Hippo" level. And they disabled coupons, too.

I hope they can work things out with their supplier sooner than later - for their sake.

Last edit: by PhillyCheeze.

First Gaia order 3 months 4 days ago #32628

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 300
I’ve krdered through happy hippo only once, took me some time to build up the courage to pay the price which is not cheap... I only ordered an oz of elite green md, and they sent me a few small samples as I explained I didn’t have a huge pocket book.

I’ll start with their customer service : top notch , very nice and willing to help

Products : the elite green md didn’t hit home for me, but I’ve read from customer reviews that they do have great products , the one I got just wasn’t quite what I had hopped for

Samples: can’t exactly remember the samples that were given but 1-2 out of 3 I’d say were better than the elite and not bad ..but still wouldn’t be able to purchase the amount to cover my needs cause of price

I don’t have alot of money to spend so I hoped my experience could of been better, but as I only ordered once a received a very small amount, can’t give them a fair shakedown as far as quality product

I look for quality consistent at a afforadable price , user mileage may vary as far as that goes..

My comfort zone is between 75$- 100$ a kilo .

While sometimes I order something and it’s not what I hoped for, ( I pretty much always get a split of sorts)I set it aside and try another strain that was part of my split kilo order. Sometimes down the road what didn’t work as good in the beginning works better later on. And then ofcourse you can always make blends in increase efficacy and turn it into a rounded winner
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, PhillyCheeze

First Gaia order 3 months 3 days ago #32648

• PhillyCheeze
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 343

Somethingsacredgoinonhere wrote: I’ve krdered through happy hippo only once,

They were the first place I bought from, about a year ago, before I found ILK.com. Success varied for me.....but it was also all so new to me, I didn't really know what I was looking for regarding effects and what not.

Once i realized there were places that were more reasonably priced with perfectly fine product....I was done with HH. I still get their emails, but holy crap even their sale prices are high. You're right, though. Their customer service is outstanding. I'm just not a believer anymore in the "our prices are higher because we have GREAT quality Kratom" shtick. No offense to them. I just know too much about Kratom to believe in that marketing position.

I do occasionally buy from Kratom Eye and they are expensive, too, but I like some of their additional non-kratom products so it's worth an occasional splurge.

First Gaia order 3 weeks 2 days ago #34236

• thair7391
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I'd like to share my first experience purchasing from Gaia as well...

I'll start off by admitting that though I've been aware of kratom for quite some time, I'm very new to buying and using it regularly (in fact I just started two weeks ago when I decided I was ready to stop taking the 0.5mg of Suboxone I've been taking for a couple of years). I do however have copious knowledge and experience in pharmacology and many of the physiological systems involved with the effects of kratom's alkaloids so I'm not new to this "field", just using kratom myself.

I made my first purchase from Gaia at the start of this week to try an ounce of their 20x Green Maeng Da extract. It shipped quickly, within one day, and arrived after 2 days of shipping transit time with the standard shipping option, so that's positive.

The rest of the experience, however, is not. The extract arrived and while I was satisfied with the opaque, durable, and well sealed, zippable packaging, I immediately knew when I opened the seal that something was wrong...

The contents was a fine, light brown powder with few very small crystal-like particles that sparkled in the light, about what you'd expect from an extract in appearance, but the aroma was immediately indicative of something amiss. A very slight hint of kratom's tea-and-grass-like aroma could be found if searched for intently, but the majority of the aroma consisted of a smoky, burning wood smell that dominated its odor and it seemed very off to me, despite not having a large breadth of experience with kratom's many varieties.

To give you the same reference I have, the only extract I had tried the previous week was Kraken Kratom's Gold Reserve 15x extract, and let me tell you, it was SIGNIFICANTLY potent, and there was no question about it's consistency given the trademark mu-receptor effects, in fact, so potent that I'm probably going to steer clear of it at this point for fear of tolerance, but I was only taking 1/4 of a teaspoon, which was more or less 800mg in weight. Definitely a quality product, and it sort of set the standard for my extract experiences from here on.

I assumed that being advertised as a 20x extract, it would be more or less similar in potency to the Kraken Kratom 15x extract, so I started with the same 1/4 tsp dose. I gave it 30 minutes (my stomach was completely empty) and decided it wasn't at all working so I added another 1/4 tsp. 15 minutes later, I started feeling opioid withdrawal symptoms, and at the time, I presumed it to be due to my last kratom dose having worn off, as this was still recent to my discontinuation of buprenorphine and these symptoms were to be expected. Another 15 minutes in, I was only getting worse and felt no kratom effects or relief from the Gaia extract, so I decided to take a full 1/2 teaspoon at once, totaling an entire teaspoon by the end of the hour. Still no effects or relief after another 30 minutes and my withdrawal like symptoms were only getting worse, so I finally decided to dose the powdered leaf I had and I immediately started feeling better about 20 minutes after.

At this point, one thing was VERY clear: The extract is either fake and contains no kratom alkaloids, or it's so weak that I'd need to take 10 times the expected amount to get any effects. The other thing that was nagging me was how quickly I felt withdrawal symptoms after taking it, and honestly how severe the gastrointestinal effects were. I had not been experiencing any symptoms quite as severe from the buprenorphine withdrawal prior.

I then decided to determine if the Gaia extract was causing those effects so the next day, about two hours after I'd already taken some powdered leaf and was feeling perfectly fine, I decided to try 1/2 tsp of the Gaia extract. Sure enough, 15 minutes later, I started feeling awful again just like before, except this time, I knew it wasn't withdrawal symptoms from buprenorphine because it was too soon after a relief dose of powdered leaf. There were also notable anxiety effects, which I usually don't struggle with in opioid withdrawal, other than being irritable and uncomfortable (separate from anxiety)

So this proved that the extract was making me feel terrible. Does anyone have any ideas on what this may have been? I'll admit I've never tried any Green Maeng Da strains before and was wondering if this is one of the "speedy" effects that some people claim they get from fast strains that can sometimes cause anxiety and jitteriness according to anecdote. This seemed to intense to be a result of a speedy effect and more like noradrenaline hyperactivity, just as is present in withdrawal from opioids. I also know that kratom contains some alkaloids that act as mu-antagonists, and was wondering if perhaps this was a strain with a lot more than normal?

I'm completely uncertain at this point as to what this "extract" could actually be, but I'm mildly concerned that it could be something harmful, even though I feel fine since discontinuing it. I noticed a date sticker on the bottom that seemed to indicate a date of 10/28/2018, and then another date showing 11/30/2018. I'm not sure if that's a batch date and a "use by" date, but I wouldn't imagine a few months would have a significant impact on kratom in a sealed bag.

Of course, I emailed their support address and shared my experience, wondering if I took their product incorrectly or if it was just a bad batch, willing to give them a chance to rectify the issue, but I still haven't heard from anyone in several days. I sent a follow up email explaining that I didn't intend to give their products another try if I don't hear from anyone by next week.

If I hear back from them, I'll definitely update this post, but currently, I cannot recommend Gaia to anyone, or at the very least, anyone buying their extract. There's too many other alternatives with known good products and good support to risk doing so. Hopefully a chat with their support will change my mind, but until I hear from them, I'm unhappy.

First Gaia order 3 weeks 2 days ago #34238

• Laurie
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 2736
Welcome to the best kratom forum ever, Thair7391.

Thanks for taking the time to post this for ILK members and lurkers.

We could use some ILK APPROVED VENDOR reviews if you happen to try them.

Great review. That extract sounds scary awful. I can’t imagine what would suddenly cause withdrawal like that, other than a cold turkey withdrawal. But, kratom IS an opiate agonist. A strong agonist WOULD DO THAT. Tramadol/ultram does that to me. So it could be a strength that doesn’t agree with you YET because you’re not FAR ENOUGH AWAY from bupes yet.

You may find it helpful SOMEDAY when withdrawals are further away in your rear view mirror.
Laurie

First Gaia order 3 weeks 2 days ago #34240

• thair7391
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Laurie wrote: Welcome to the best kratom forum ever, Thair7391.

Thanks for taking the time to post this for ILK members and lurkers.

We could use some ILK APPROVED VENDOR reviews if you happen to try them.

Great review. That extract sounds scary awful. I can’t imagine what would suddenly cause withdrawal like that, other than a cold turkey withdrawal. But, kratom IS an opiate agonist. A strong agonist WOULD DO THAT. Tramadol/ultram does that to me. So it could be a strength that doesn’t agree with you YET because you’re not FAR ENOUGH AWAY from bupes yet.

You may find it helpful SOMEDAY when withdrawals are further away in your rear view mirror.

I'm not sure I follow? A strong agonist would never precipitate withdrawal, unless it's a partial agonist with low intrinsic activity or more competitive at the mu receptor than the ligand it's replacing.

Buprenorphine has some the the highest affinity for the mu receptor of all opioids. Buprenorphine can even displace naloxone, rendering it ineffective as an antidote to opioid overdose. If I had been physically dependent upon the Kratom and THEN took buprenorphine, then I would have absolutely precipitated withdrawal because the buprenorphine would rip the mitragynine right from the receptors and take it's place, leaving a state of withdrawal until the buprenorphine's own intrinsic activity kicked in. But this was not the case in my scenario. It was the other way around.

Also, tramadol, though very weak with low intrinsic activity, is still a full agonist. I can't see how it would ever precipitate withdrawal unless it had higher affinity than an opioid you were already taking. Are you saying this happens to you when you take tramadol while Kratom is in your system? It's possible that tramadol has higher affinity than mitragynine but I don't know the exact binding affinities for kratom's alkaloids because it's not been studied publicly yet.

If tramadol is casuing these effects for you, I'd be curious to know how much you're taking. Taking more than 300mg can result in serotonin syndrome because it's also an SSRI, and while that could cause sweating and anxiety, I would expect it would feel markedly distinct from opioid withdrawal.

But back to my experience, it's entirely possible that I was experiencing something other than opioid withdrawal and that some other unknowm compound was increasing central noradrenaline activity. I have no way of knowing for certain. I've only been able to prove that the extract definitely causes those effects. It may not be opioid receptor released at all. I can tell you today my buprenorphine withdrawal symptoms are nearly gone. I'm finally sleeping again as well with kratom, whereas a few days ago, it wasn't asking a difference.

I may try once more to rule out buprenorphine abstinence, but I highly doubt that what I took was displacing buprenorphine that was still in my CNS.

Thank you for the reply.

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds