07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Have some feedback and input to share?
Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Samanila outbreak source

Salmonella outbreak source 1 year 11 months ago #26156

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3711

If Kratom is 'NOT for human consumption' and therefore NOT regulated by the FDA......how does this make any sense at all? How can the FDA investigate something that's not under its arm?

Even though Kratom is NOT for human consumption if it carries salmonella it is a risk for public safety.
If you are handling the Kratom for making soap or candles, or if you are handling it for burning as incense you do get the stuff on your hands. It then can EASILY find its way to your mouth resulting in a salmonella infection.

Since salmonella is an infection usually carried on food, I think this falls under their jurisdiction (best guess - no expert). In fact if you go to the FDA website, the Kratom notices are in the FOOD section.
BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bomalley.

Salmonella outbreak source 1 year 11 months ago #26163

• Douglas168
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 115
Well said Laurie. As a former/current quality control chemist I can say with certainty that the best foot forward for vendors is to TEST their stuff if they are not already doing it now. It will incur additional cost but consumer safety should be of utmost importance. I will gladly pay more for peace of mind.(L)

Salmonella outbreak source 1 year 11 months ago #26168

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Just heard back from my favourite Kratom vendor in Canada.

That is Canada Kratom Express.

The said that they test every batch for:

We also test every batch we receive for the following parameters:

• Mitragynine
    Moisture Content
    Heavy Metals: Zinc, Lead, Copper, Iron, Mercury, Arsenic
    E.Coli
    Salmonella

I really like their products..best I have tried in Canada. So if any Canadians are wondering about safety...this vendor has been safe for me.
BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong

Salmonella outbreak source 1 year 11 months ago #26169

• HunterK
  • HunterK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Do they ship to the US?

Salmonella outbreak source 1 year 11 months ago #26170

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I am not sure if they ship to the US but, they have a facebook page or you can get to their contact form from their home page .

They have always responded quickly to me in both locations.

They also explained that they purchase almost exclusively from a single source so very unlikely to be getting some of the same stuff from the contaminated batches.

Also their own staff test each new batch personally before it goes out to customers.

I feel pretty safe, but I also purchase for my 97 yr old mother... Severe salmonella infection could kill her so I need to be careful!

Actually I have never had a problem with any of the Kratom I have purchased from Canadian vendors ... my immune system seems to be OK with it and I have never reacted to any of it...unlike Cannabis when I had a really bad allergic reaction to some CBD oil.
BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong

Salmonella outbreak source 1 year 11 months ago #26175

• HunterK
  • HunterK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank, I'll check it out! Saw there home page, looks good! Will contact them!

Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds