Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
For those who are new to Kratom, or even those who are aficionados we've started this category off with our own Kratom User's Guide for 2015 which covers some of the more commonly asked questions and answers about Kratom, its origins, its effects, dosages and more.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Immune System

Bookmark and Share

Immune System 3 weeks 4 days ago #21682

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 164
I also wondered about kratom and the immune system because I read that kratom stimulates the immune system, and people with Lyme disease are often advised to stay away from herbs that do this. I haven't run into any problems though. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Immune System 3 weeks 3 days ago #21697

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 1035
Hi Jasmin,
I did not know that about Lyme. Chuchuhuasi also supports immune. Can't quite imagine how that would aggravate Lyme. Why is that? I'm glad you haven't found it to be a problem.
Laurie

Immune System 3 weeks 2 days ago #21698

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 775
I am just on the tail end of an upper respiratory infection. Two days in bed with fever, coughing, lots of mucous...the real deal. I was so thankful for Kratom as if was VERY helpful in low doses (about 2 Gms for me) for taking care of body aches and pains.

I also think that it sped up my recovery as normally these things would linger on and on for days.

Shingles is a reactivation of the chicken pox virus. You have the virus in your system all the time and when your immune system cannot keep it suppressed anymore it reactivates.

The number of possibilities as to WHY it would reactivate are endless and include stress, nutritional deficiencies, overload of toxins, immuno-suppresive medications among other things.

I am confident that Kratom is not immunosuppressive (provided it is organic) and that some of these other factors are the more likely culprits for the reactivation.
BEV
"Everybody is talking about pain killers, but nobody is talking about pain."

Immune System 3 weeks 2 days ago #21701

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
I'm also battling SOMETHING. Been needing extended naps every day this week, so much so that I've been unable to meet commitments. I'm on cephalexin for after-basal cell carcinoma surgery as a precaution due to my face rejecting the stitches in the incision (they're out now and it's healing really well). Thinking maybe the cephalexin is causing the need for constant rest, but I also have potential cold sores, a sore throat, dull fever and aches all over.

You're so right, BoMalley! Having kratom to manage these symptoms has been wonderful-I'm so glad I have kratom as a tool for these times of illness for symptom relief as well as likely speeding up overall healing. 4 more days of the antibiotics. Hope I can stand it. I'll never know if it's THAT or just my body, since it's not listed as common side effects on my cephalexin paperwork from the pharmacy :(

I'm glad to hear you're starting to feel better. Were you up to checking on Mom this week? I've missed your comical description of visits with her. Did you laugh with her a lot when you were both younger? I suspect you did.

Best wishes on full recovery! <HUG>
Laurie

Immune System 3 weeks 2 days ago #21703

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 775
Had to cancel visit with Mom this week - too sick (my fever just broke today actually)...plus SHE has also been sick...not severe enough to be in bed though.

However, I am pleased to report she is taking more responsibility for her own Kratom use. Honestly she is becoming a bit of a smarty pants about it! She thinks she has it all over the other residents in the facility because she does not have all the aches and pains and mood changes that they complain about. AND she does not use any "medication". Kratom doesn't count in her book because it is natural.

Kratom has REALLY, REALLY helped her at this stage of life. Now I am trying to educate her how to use it responsibly as she just wants to keep taking more. Please don't!

We are getting there.....she is work in progress! (aren't we all?)
BEV
"Everybody is talking about pain killers, but nobody is talking about pain."
Last Edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by bomalley.

Immune System 3 weeks 2 days ago #21710

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
What a great story. You're a hero! I suppose Mom forgets you had to practically force her to even try it. Mine still won't touch it again, "I don't want another addiction". I'm doing my best to make sure she takes her PRESCRIBED meds AS PRESCRIBED, but she's improved a lot! By cutting her oxy to 1/4 of a 5 mg every other day, and her klonopin to .5 at bedtime (she uses it for sleep. Claims she doesn't HAVE anxiety - she does, we all do to some degree. Not sure why that's a moral character defeat in her eyes), her dementia has completely VANISHED. She would definitely benefit from kratom as she ALWAYS HAS when she's tried it. But I'm quite grateful to not need 24 hour supervision for Mom as I had set up during her adamant denial period. Thanks for the giggles about your Mom. She's a riot.
Laurie
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds