08 Dec 2012
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND...
A few months ago we asked some of the Approved Vendors to offer some discounts to our community. A lot of them graciously did. We have been asked to bring those discounts back. The following vendors would like to share the love for this forum with you. I know we all appreciate it.
Read More...
For those who are new to Kratom, or even those who are aficionados we've started this category off with our own Kratom User's Guide for 2015 which covers some of the more commonly asked questions and answers about Kratom, its origins, its effects, dosages and more.
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Stopping opiate abuse Guide

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 3 months ago #12831

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 2329
:-h
The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider, levonne90@gmail.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Laurie
Last edit: by Laurie. Reason: Sadness

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 3 months ago #12847

• August Noon
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 229
Wow Laurie. That was one of the most interesting posts I've read here. It's amazing think about how complex peoples stories are. You weren't talking to me, but thanks for sharing just the same. What you said about not having kids to end a toxic bloodline really hit home with me. That's exactly what I was thinking about just the other day. My girlfriend wants kids, but I'm terrified that they will turn out like me. And my father. And his father. Anyway, thanks again for sharing. I hope things are going as well as they can for you.

Cheers,
August
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

#kratomlivesmatter

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 3 months ago #12878

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
:-h:woohoo:

Laurie
Last edit: by Laurie. Reason: Paranoia

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 3 months ago #12879

• Cori177
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 104
Hey Laurie, glad to hear you're doing well

I think every single person who makes improvements or starts recovering from a scary habit becomes a bit preachy, even if temporarily. Every one. I still tend to ramble forever about me kicking suboxone. It comes from being relieved/elated/feeling free, and kind of being grossed out/scared by reminders of the habit and lifestyle (people who still do it, etc). I think it's just a phase, you're kind of re-learning things. Don't be too hard on yourself, you're only trying to help people!
Good luck with using the extract for your procedure, and hoping your physical therapy/ excersize goes well.

:)

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 3 months ago #12882

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
:-h:woohoo:

Laurie
Last edit: by Laurie. Reason: Paranoia, lol

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 3 months ago #12997

• zbestkratom
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12

Cori177 wrote: Hey Laurie, glad to hear you're doing well

I think every single person who makes improvements or starts recovering from a scary habit becomes a bit preachy, even if temporarily. Every one. I still tend to ramble forever about me kicking suboxone. It comes from being relieved/elated/feeling free, and kind of being grossed out/scared by reminders of the habit and lifestyle (people who still do it, etc). I think it's just a phase, you're kind of re-learning things. Don't be too hard on yourself, you're only trying to help people!
Good luck with using the extract for your procedure, and hoping your physical therapy/ excersize goes well.

:)

Cori177 could you please give me some advice, I have been on suboxone for over 8 years and have not been able to kick the habit. I really could use some advice from someone who has been there and come out of it. My only alternative is going to be to go to rehab, which is going to cost me upwords of $15,000, which I am willing to pay, to get out of this dam cycle.

It's so dumb, because I haven't been a true drug addict, since I got onto suboxone 8 years ago. It was a miracle drug, back then. And now, it's the chains I live with everyday. :evil:

I am about to get engaged and must end this asap, let me know if you have any advice. Thanks again.

Whitney Segura - Founder, Chief Marketing Officer, and Co-Owner at zBestKratom.com

"Things will come to those who wait, but only things left behind by those who hustle."

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 3 months ago #12999

• Cori177
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 104
Hello Zbest (name?)

Firstly this is not medical advice, just personal experience. If you feel rehab is for you, that's your choice. But I can tell you I did it from home, with minimal discomfort. It took about 3 months. (NOT sick-in-bed, I was able to eat, move, work, etc, just a slow taper over a couple months. Some people have done it faster.)
I was on suboxone for around the same time length as you, interspersed with other opiates. As of now, I have not had any suboxone or any opiates for a year and a half. The only thing I take is kratom and occasionally a few drinks. (Cold turkey did not work for me, as I had tried many times.)
What I did is taper slowly over several months, dropping a tiny bit every week or so, and then dropped down eventually to less than .25 once every other day, then less, to about 1/8 every other day. You can keep going lower, skipping every two days. I know it's hard to discipline, but it's more of a mental thing. Suboxone is very strong, and even if you think you start feeling sick, your brain just might be 'bugging out' a bit, but your system still has it in it. Suboxone stays in your system for a few days.
My method was: firstly, make your taper schedule. Then take what suboxone you have and divide it up (cut/break, etc.), and put it in one of those vitamin holders. If you have someone/a close friend or partner who knows what you're doing, it can help to have then give you the daily dose and then keep it with them so you're not tempted. I went from 2 mg daily for a couple weeks, to 1 mg for a couple weeks, then .75 mg every other day, then .5 every other day, then .25, then every other day, etc. You might be feeling slight discomfort/withdrawal during this time, but it shouldn't be too bad if you really follow the slow taper.
When I finally took my last dose, I waited another day, then when I started feeling sick, I took lots of Imodium (the little pills) which helped my stomach AND with the withdrawals, and started taking my kratom capsules, which I made myself prior. I took a lot of red strain, Bali too, I recall, but I'm sure other types can help too. I started with 8-10 grams. I smoked a little herbal 'assistance' to help too.
Melatonin helped very much with sleep. You must eat a lot. Excersize, even walks, if you can.
There are a LOT of in-depth How-To guides about this online, but I don't think I'm allowed to post links. PM me and I'll send you some of the ones that gave good info. Please don't be overwhelmed, quitting the suboxone is DEFINITELY possible by yourself. If you are not taking the suboxone as a substitute for opiates (meaning you will go back to opiates), but just want to completely stop the suboxone and not need any opiates, this is why you're on this site. Kratom can totally help be the key to quitting, and it doesn't have to be a horrible painful ordeal. It just requires some planning and self-discipline.
Hope to hear from you
Good luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, Hzazzi74210

Last edit: by Cori177. Reason: Added something

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 3 months ago #13002

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!

Laurie
Last edit: by Laurie. Reason: Confidentiality

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 3 months ago #13003

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!

Laurie
Last edit: by Laurie. Reason: Confidentiality

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 3 months ago #13011

• levonne90@gmail.com
  • levonne90@gmail.com's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 332
Hello Zbest :-h

I agree with Laurie that kicking suboxone is its own task i remember it being much harder than other opiates to quit and i did not take it nearly as long as you have. I tried to stop opiates with it once and it was horrible. But i also abused it. If i remember right all i did was switch back to opiates. So i dont got got much info on that particular substance either. I hope you find info from someone who has done that personally. And i wish you the best of luck in getting away from them. :) You can do it :-bd

Be not afraid of growing slowly, Be afraid only of standing still.
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds