07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
For those who are new to Kratom, or even those who are aficionados we've started this category off with our own Kratom User's Guide for 2015 which covers some of the more commonly asked questions and answers about Kratom, its origins, its effects, dosages and more.
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Stopping opiate abuse Guide

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 10 months ago #13047

• zbestkratom
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Thanks for the advice and encouragement, I will do it within the next 3 months, mark my word. My dad offered to cover my insurance deductible, if I went to a 28 day rehab. I was hesitant, because I feel like that's a lot of money for nothing. I would rather go do 30 days in jail, then spend that kind of money.

Thanks again for the hope! I appreciate it guys and I will keep you updated as to my recovery.
Whitney Segura - Founder, Chief Marketing Officer, and Co-Owner at zBestKratom.com

"Things will come to those who wait, but only things left behind by those who hustle."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 10 months ago #13051

• Cori177
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 104
Please do keep us updated.
in the meantime while you're deciding (whether to go to a rehab), you can still start a taper/cut back a little bit every week, and barely feel the change. That way, regardless of your decision to do it at home or go away, when you do decide, you will have a jump start, you know.

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 10 months ago #13057

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 4273
:-h
Laurie

Last edit: by Laurie. Reason: Confidentiality

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 10 months ago #13425

• levonne90@gmail.com
  • levonne90@gmail.com's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 340
Hey guys :-h I thought i would give you guys an update on my progress for those who are curious. :-bd

I am not sure exactly how long now it has been that i am using kratom and have abstained from my addiction to pain pills. I believe i am close to a month and a half or so. If not more lol i should be keeping track i guess haha. But anyways, after stopping the pain pills and switching to kratom i was able to detox pretty comfortably due to the kratom, yet even using kratom i still had some neg effects which is to be expected after stopping an addiction like mine. But it was much easier than all the times i have tried without kratom. But i still noticed alot of PAWS. Mainly like insomnia, mood swings, lack of energy and motivation at times, and loss of appetite, and some minor and some major depression. I would suggest Kratom for the depressed days to help with not using over the depression. Kratom is a great anti depressant for me. These symptoms were all there just not that bad because of the kratom, at about a month and a half i was finally sleeping well and through the whole night, feeling natural energy again even when not using kratom and my moods evened out and have been feeling very normal again, more than i have in soo long ... I know the battle is not over at this stage, but i believe the worst is behind me now. :-P

So i think it is safe to say i could probably quit using kratom and still be past the worst of the neg withdrawal effects from my prior addiction. I have went a few days here and there without kratom to see how i feel and i still feel ten times better than i have in a long time. I am not having any withdrawal symptoms from not using kratom but the longest i have not taken kratom is 3 days. (so i might if i were to stop longer but i haven't tried to yet) I can tell when i dont take it but i dont feel like i have to take it to function or anything anymore. I fear that if i do not keep taking these breaks i might experience the withdrawals you read about but really i dont think it will ever be a problem if i keep taking breaks. I really dont know for sure though because i have not experienced any withdrawals from kratom, but i cannot suggest to someone that taking anything daily for months can be a good idea lol. So i would still suggest the breaks like i do, i take 3 to 5 days off every two weeks now.

So i beleive for those who want to quit opiates but dont want to take kratom longer than they have to, after you are not noticing the paws as severe it is probably safe to quit taking kratom if you wanted. If you notice any withdrawal effects from kratom i would just taper down and off. But note, Paws can last a longer time than just a month or two, i just mean they are not severe for me at this time.You may still suffer from them for awhile, everyone is different.

I still get cravings to get high once in a while because kratom doesn't give me that so i still crave it once in a while, but then i remember how far i have come and decide against it. Kratom is not going to fix that part for you, that is just a decision you will have to make for yourself. I have been tempted several times when it was offered but have been enjoying my new life so i have declined any of these offers. I even had to cut ties with all my contacts so i would have less temptation to use again. Kratom wont do all this part for you that is up to you how bad you want to stay clean and what works for you to stay clean. But kratom can really help you to do this if thats what you want. :-bd

I still have not developed much of a kratom tolerance either :) , All i have noticed as far as a kratom tolerance is that i feel about the same amount of effects every time i take it, which is still 2-4 times a day most days. I can still feel effects when i take a 3g. dose, but my threshold is about 5g. a dose still and i still enjoy the effects every time, and duration is about the same as when i started. I have even quit using potentiators so that my kratom doses are more consitent and have noticed the difference. I find it works efficiently every time this way. I have also quit taking anti tolerance methods, due to it costing extra money to buy turmeric and stuff. Some of them do reduce kratom tolerance but i find i do not need to do this to keep getting effects from kratom. :-bd

Sorry this is so long lol. ;) So for those who are curious how my guide works after a month or so this is what i am personally experiencing. I cant make any promises how this guide will work for everyone but this is how it is going for me so far. :-bd

P.S. A strong support system is always a good idea while quiting an addiction, support always helps me to stay strong when i need it. :)
Be not afraid of growing slowly, Be afraid only of standing still.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, C.O.B, FREEMEPLZ, BevD

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 1 month ago #17142

• laranestor
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am curious to know how you adjusted your kratom doesage and did you taper of pain meds or detox immediately. What combination worked for this use?

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 1 month ago #17148

• FREEMEPLZ
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Planting the future...
  • Thank you received: 141
Great job levonne90. Way to stick it out and be strong. I definitely believe that a strong support system and cutting off contacts is helpful maybe even necessary when quitting. Especially if ur not getting em from the doc. Great post.

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 1 month ago #17151

• C.O.B
  • Vendor
  • Vendor
  • Plants Before Pills
  • Thank you received: 627
Keep up the great work levonne.
We have talked many times so please don't hesitate to reach out to me for anything brother.
Take care
We always provide top quality organic kratom at reasonable prices.
God bless and have a great day.
Www.Christophersorganicbotanicals.com

Last edit: by C.O.B.

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 2 years 1 month ago #17158

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
Hi Levonne. Great report. I'm pretty sure you might be doing even better now! I'm still riding shotgun on this ride with a few of you here.
Laurie

Last edit: by Laurie. Reason: .

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 1 year 4 months ago #23753

• catspaw1955
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 234
wow excellent post, i am taking the red vein capsules, i am a chronic pain patient, and now because of all this epidemic crap, my doctor is cutting down my oxycodone, so i run out after 2 weeks, i just read up on kratom, and i bought it today, i took 3 500mg caps...and it really seems to be helping,my mood is really better,,,,still have alot of pain(they want to do a quintupal fusion on me, forget it) but i find it is the mental part that bugs me bad... it feels similar to trammadol, it must adhere to the opiate receptors,,,i do not care it works, so do you know how much i should take per day? well god bless you

Stopping opiate abuse Guide 1 year 4 months ago #23755

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
Welcome to the best Kratom forum ever, catspaw1955!

I’m sure our family/Forum nurse will be posting shortly for you. I am a fellow chronic pain patient, but I also skip SSRI’s in favor of the leaf.

BoMalley will get you fully educated for your journey with some good advice about red strains (you started with the right one!). Those are the ones you’ll want, as you’ve surmised. There are MANY red strains with benefits all over the map (some stimulating, some sedating, etc).

Trial and error and good note-taking is key.

I’m sure she’ll be along shortly. Welcome aboard!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider, TheDoctor

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds