07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
For those who are new to Kratom, or even those who are aficionados we've started this category off with our own Kratom User's Guide for 2015 which covers some of the more commonly asked questions and answers about Kratom, its origins, its effects, dosages and more.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: What is best for chronic pain

What is best for chronic pain 4 months 3 weeks ago #32082

• jaimemiller
  • jaimemiller's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
I've been suffering from chronic back and neck pain for several years. I'm not on any narcotics or opiates at the moment. I also have fibromyalgia. I was wondering if anyone who uses Kratom for pain could give me some advice.
Which Kratom product is the best for pain? Does body weight account for how many capsules I should take in a day? Is there a trusted vendor? I've purchased some Maeng Da in the past and it did nothing. Tasted like wheat grass. Don't want to get taken again.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Teeswaran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What is best for chronic pain 4 months 3 weeks ago #32089

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1626
Hi J-
Welcome to the forum. So much information its a lot to take in.
Read through the guide to get familiar with uses, doses, and everything else.
www.ilovekratom.com/forum/kratom-discuss...-oldies#.W85QQmhKiUn

Often head shop Kratom lacks quality.

Kratom can be different for each individual, In general for pain Red strains are recommended.
Suggestions
Red Borneo, Red Bali, Red Thai, Red Indo
I have found success with these Greens Strains
Green Borneo, Green Hulu
Whites are hit and miss for me with pain but might work for you. They help but the duration is much shorter.
White Horn was suggested

Dosage is not determined by body weight but by current or past use of opiate medications. Always start with a recommended dose and slowly adjust until you find the amount you need.
Capsules are more expensive I have a list of vendors that sell caps. But powder is more affordable.

Vendor list
www.ilovekratom.com/kratom-vendors

Vendor reviews, discussions, promo codes.
www.ilovekratom.com/forum/kratom-vendors

Please ask any questions you need hopefully we can get them answered.

What is best for chronic pain 4 months 3 weeks ago #32094

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 2933
Welcome to the best kratom forum ever, Jaimemiller!

If you’re willing to take the good with the bad while testing various strains over time to get the right fit, you’re a perfect candidate!

Did you happen to save that old wheat grass flavored stuff?

You’ll find all the information you need here. I’ll bet your level of willingness will grow once you get one good dose for some RELIEF. All of that at one time, over time, made me VERY GRUMPY and DIFFICULT TO BE AROUND.

Bet you won’t have any difficulty getting something working to get you started. Don’t buy big quantities while testing various strains and veins. The savings is not worth much of that particular strain is not a good fit for you.

Nan70 posts the best links to make your journey less confusing.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnlineKratom, Teeswaran, jaimemiller, Redheaded_Jenn, Thistime

What is best for chronic pain 4 months 3 weeks ago #32188

• Max
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
While I am new to kratom, my first sample had the best experience of of pain relief for cervical arthritis, torn rotator cuff..... Etc (the rotator cuff is the worst and most chronic pain) I have found that Red Bali is extremely effective, especially on the 2nd day. I was 100% pain free. Due to the anti-inflammatory properties it really did a number on my right hand and neck arthritis.

Though its different for everybody, I went 3 days without a burn before pain levels started to rise. The only thing I don't like about the bali is it has an increased "stimulation effect" (energy). It's not as prominent as others, that I've read, but it's more than I care for as it does interfere with my sleep.
I'm a vet with bipolar depression and rare instances of mania (it's only triggered when people piss me off. I'm not dangerous, there's no middle ground for my anger, meaning I don't just get pissed half way. It takes forever to calm down and I get a headache) so stimulation is not what I need. I did however experience a nice boost in mood which is great for the depression.

So according to the chart (see attached) red bali is not for me (as far as the stimulation goes) so I'm going to try the red Borneo. As you can see it also offers a bit more pain relief.

As everyone will say, you have to find out what works best with the physiology and make up of your brain.
I really hope this helps you. Everyone is here to help with good intent and advice.

See the attached file for a a starting guide (only)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Teeswaran, Princezz

Last edit: by Max.

What is best for chronic pain 4 months 3 weeks ago #32192

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3185
yes by all means try the Red Borneo.

Once you get an idea of how the various strains work for you then you might want to try blending them. 50/50 Red Bali and Red Borneo might be a good compromise.

I also find the Indo Maeng Da that I get from my vendor quite good for pain but not too sedating for daytime, hwoever, my energy situation is quite the opposite of yours. I need a little more stimulation.

Red Sumatra has also been good.

I found Red Plantation good for pain too BUT cannot seem to get it from my Canadian vendors.
Keep on trying...it will all work itself out for you.

So glad to hear your progress.

Further ito your experiment you might want to try some herbs specifically for reducing inflammation....BUT one thing at a time!
BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds