07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!


We could use your help though...
Read More...
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: New guy, trying to find my correct dosage

New guy, trying to find my correct dosage 3 weeks 1 day ago #44379

  • Whiskeyjoe
  • Whiskeyjoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: 3
  • Thank you received: 12
Hi,
I've been looking for something to help with sleep for the longest time now. A few months ago I bought a bunch of kava, kratom and phenibut to see which worked the best. They all offer there own benefits, but I really liked the kratom at bedtime.

The problem is I can't seem to find the right dosage.

I forget where I bought my first sample pack from, but I remember some of the strains really had me feeling almost stoned after 3 grams, while others seemed to take much more than that. It seemed like 1.5-2g was pretty good, but by the end I was up to around 5g right at bedtime. Sleep was great and I would wake up feeling wonderful.

Once that batch was finished I order some more sample packs from another retailer. I was taking upwards of 5 g at a time and would end up with about 15g in 4 hours with little effect. It was discouraging.

I just ordered about a kilo of various strains from treasure house. It came a few days ago. I took 1.5g before going to hang out with a friend. I was feeling euphoric, thoughtful and relaxed. I thought I found something good here, which is good, because I have 1000g of the stuff. Other than that first batch, not much is happening though. I wound up taking around 10g last night with no real effect.
I was pretty full, as I tend to eat very little during the day and sometimes just have a big meal at the end of the night. I thought, maybe I was too stuffed and this impaired absorption?

Tonight I ate dinner around 6pm and took 1.5g at around 10:30. I'm not feeling anything so far. I just took another 5g. So that's about 2.5 hours later, which should be ample time for it to take effect.

What do you think is happening here?

I look forward to learning from all of you.

Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New guy, trying to find my correct dosage 3 weeks 23 hours ago #44380

  • Laurie
  • Laurie's Avatar
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Posts: 5556
  • Karma: 92
  • Thank you received: 7309
Welcome to the best kratom forum ever, Whiskeyjoe!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Whiskeyjoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New guy, trying to find my correct dosage 3 weeks 14 hours ago #44385

  • michele373
  • michele373's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 873
  • Karma: 22
  • Thank you received: 2432
hey whiskey joe you are in the right place!

first off im not trying to talk bad about any vendor, but I highly recommend our approved vendors. about 95% of the time I only order from this list. in sense has a great starter pack, reasonable. their dark red mang da and red dragon are my go to night strains. inland, re-leaf llc, top extracts, Oregon kratom, natures cure, COB and PDO.. all awesome. hulus and sometimes balis typically make me sleepy. but everyone is different.

I also recommend from in sense corydalis and skullcap. that's what I usually use. wild lettuce blended with one works well too. and theyre very reasonable. the doses seem a bit high.. and I usually dose 5-8 g but that lasts me for about 5-6 hrs. and I dose for pain relief. please don't be afraid to ask if you need more help! I hope this helps!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Whiskeyjoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New guy, trying to find my correct dosage 3 weeks 13 hours ago #44388

  • Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Somethingsacredgoinonhere's Avatar
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1201
  • Karma: 28
  • Thank you received: 3408
Welcome whiskey Joe, so there’s things to consider… Are you taking any medication? Do you take your dose on an empty stomach? And then there’s individual chemistry that may make it so you need a higher dose because that’s the way you’re wired… Usually the bigger doses are the more sedating but then there’s strains that lend themselves to being more sedating even smaller ones....Also at one variety FX one and affects another totally differently… So lots of experimenting as needed, like Michelle said we have lots of great approved vendors on the site, one Friday I think you should look into is the b also at one variety affects one and affects another totally differently… one variety I think you should look into is Bentuangie . fermented variety tends to be more sedating and relaxing… Also red Borneo usually has more sedating though there are energetic ones, nice to meet you look forward to hearing from you in the future (L)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Whiskeyjoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere. Reason: Verbal text !!!!!

New guy, trying to find my correct dosage 3 weeks 10 hours ago #44389

  • bomalley
  • bomalley's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1980
  • Karma: 45
  • Thank you received: 3685
Whiskey

If you want sedation then stick specifically to red strains for now, as they contain more of the alkaloids that do that.

You mention that you have kept increasing the dose but do not mention what strains you are using. You will not get the same effect for sedation from all strains.

What do you think is happening here?


I think you are developing some tolerance. The euphoric feeling and other sensations (relaxed) you describe will disappear after your Kratom honeymoon is over. If you keep chasing them you will need to constantly keep increasing the dose.

If you want to find a good dose for sedation then:
  1. stick to ONE strain and experiment with that. (I would recommend a Red Borneo or a Red Bentuangie)

  2. Keep good notes on the time, dose, and onset of the sedation feeling.
  3. stick to dosing once per day at the end of the day to find a good dose range. If you find after a week that this does not seem to work, then go to dosing twice per day starting in the later part of the day. Sometimes you have to take two doses later in the day to achieve enough sedation to work at bedtime, because the sedating effect of the doses can be cumulative.
  4. take Kratom on an empty stomach so there is nothing to interfere with absorption
  5. re-adjust your expectations - Kratom is NOT going to knock you out. You should still be doing everything that is recommended for a good night's sleep including relaxation techniques and "quiet time" before bed in order to get you "sleep ready".
    I take reds all day long and the only time I ever feel "sedated" is if I am relaxing in my easy chair after a dose of a red strain. If I active I do not feel like I have to lie down or anything like that.

This should get you started...it is a bit of an experiment.

We like to call ourselves MAD scientists. However, the experiment is quite safe!
BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Whiskeyjoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New guy, trying to find my correct dosage 2 weeks 5 days ago #44470

  • Whiskeyjoe
  • Whiskeyjoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: 3
  • Thank you received: 12

michele373 wrote: hey whiskey joe you are in the right place!

first off im not trying to talk bad about any vendor, but I highly recommend our approved vendors. about 95% of the time I only order from this list. in sense has a great starter pack, reasonable. their dark red mang da and red dragon are my go to night strains. inland, re-leaf llc, top extracts, Oregon kratom, natures cure, COB and PDO.. all awesome. hulus and sometimes balis typically make me sleepy. but everyone is different.

I also recommend from in sense corydalis and skullcap. that's what I usually use. wild lettuce blended with one works well too. and theyre very reasonable. the doses seem a bit high.. and I usually dose 5-8 g but that lasts me for about 5-6 hrs. and I dose for pain relief. please don't be afraid to ask if you need more help! I hope this helps!


Yeah, I found this place a little after this latest batch came in. I totally hear what your saying about the approved vendors. Now I know and knowing is half the battle. :P

Tonight I tried treasure house's Modern Green Maeng Da. I took 6 grams and am starting to notice a little sedation from it. So far I like it. It's batch #41 if anyone is interested. This is in contrast to one of their whites that I took the other night at 10g and didn't feel a thing. I thought that maybe some batches are just naturally weak due to processing, the way it was grown, maybe laying around too long etc. etc. I'm going to start keeping notes and bump up the dose about 1 g per day and see what happens. It could be that maybe instead of 10 g I need 12 of the white JongKong Maeng Da because of who I am the way the plant was grown.

Onward and upward.

Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New guy, trying to find my correct dosage 2 weeks 5 days ago #44471

  • Whiskeyjoe
  • Whiskeyjoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: 3
  • Thank you received: 12

Welcome whiskey Joe, so there’s things to consider… Are you taking any medication? Do you take your dose on an empty stomach? And then there’s individual chemistry that may make it so you need a higher dose because that’s the way you’re wired… Usually the bigger doses are the more sedating but then there’s strains that lend themselves to being more sedating even smaller ones....Also at one variety FX one and affects another totally differently… So lots of experimenting as needed, like Michelle said we have lots of great approved vendors on the site, one Friday I think you should look into is the b also at one variety affects one and affects another totally differently… one variety I think you should look into is Bentuangie . fermented variety tends to be more sedating and relaxing… Also red Borneo usually has more sedating though there are energetic ones, nice to meet you look forward to hearing from you in the future (L)


Awesome. I'll definitely check those recommendations out. Also I am on meds. I realize that may have some effect, but the first order that I ever got was pretty powerful. If only I could remember who it was.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Whiskeyjoe.

New guy, trying to find my correct dosage 2 weeks 5 days ago #44472

  • Whiskeyjoe
  • Whiskeyjoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: 3
  • Thank you received: 12

bomalley wrote: Whiskey

If you want sedation then stick specifically to red strains for now, as they contain more of the alkaloids that do that.

You mention that you have kept increasing the dose but do not mention what strains you are using. You will not get the same effect for sedation from all strains.

What do you think is happening here?


I think you are developing some tolerance. The euphoric feeling and other sensations (relaxed) you describe will disappear after your Kratom honeymoon is over. If you keep chasing them you will need to constantly keep increasing the dose.

If you want to find a good dose for sedation then:
    <li>stick to ONE strain and experiment with that. (I would recommend a Red Borneo or a Red Bentuangie) </li>

    <li>Keep good notes on the time, dose, and onset of the sedation feeling. </li>
    <li> stick to dosing once per day at the end of the day to find a good dose range. If you find after a week that this does not seem to work, then go to dosing twice per day starting in the later part of the day. Sometimes you have to take two doses later in the day to achieve enough sedation to work at bedtime, because the sedating effect of the doses can be cumulative.</li>
    <li>take Kratom on an empty stomach so there is nothing to interfere with absorption</li>
    <li>re-adjust your expectations - Kratom is NOT going to knock you out. You should still be doing everything that is recommended for a good night's sleep including relaxation techniques and "quiet time" before bed in order to get you "sleep ready".
    I take reds all day long and the only time I ever feel "sedated" is if I am relaxing in my easy chair after a dose of a red strain. If I active I do not feel like I have to lie down or anything like that.</li>

This should get you started...it is a bit of an experiment.

We like to call ourselves MAD scientists. However, the experiment is quite safe!

You know, I thought the same thing about the tolerance too. You might be right, but the only thing is that one of the batches that I bought was a white strain. I took about 1.5 g before going to see my friend. I was relaxed and free from anxiety. I guess that's what I was really trying to say and misspoke when I said euphoric. I wasn't stoned.

My words came to me very easily, which is not usually the case with me. I was relaxed and felt very insightful. I felt at ease when I met him for dinner. We were at a bar and talking with this really attractive bartender. Normally I would feel insecure and would try really hard to come up with witty things to say. I felt at peace and just enjoyed talking with her and with him.

This is not how I am usually and I guess I felt a sort of happiness that I noticed these things were happening.

I also agree with everything else you wrote, very good advice. Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New guy, trying to find my correct dosage 2 weeks 5 days ago #44476

  • madmaxnightrider
  • madmaxnightrider's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight For Kratom! Don't Let Them Win!
  • Posts: 2493
  • Karma: 105
  • Thank you received: 3809
Welcome to ILK Whiskeyjoe. :-h Happy to have you here. You are now part of our Family.

Here is the Link to my Guide to Kratom:

www.ilovekratom.com/forum/kratom-discuss...de-for-anybody#42257
If anybody has any Questions about Kratom please private message me or make a Post & I will be glad to answer as soon as I can usually within 24 hours if not sooner. I'm usually on really late at night Between Midnight & 5am.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New guy, trying to find my correct dosage 2 weeks 5 days ago #44480

  • Laurie
  • Laurie's Avatar
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Posts: 5556
  • Karma: 92
  • Thank you received: 7309

Whiskeyjoe wrote:

bomalley wrote: Whiskey

If you want sedation then stick specifically to red strains for now, as they contain more of the alkaloids that do that.

You mention that you have kept increasing the dose but do not mention what strains you are using. You will not get the same effect for sedation from all strains.

What do you think is happening here?


I think you are developing some tolerance. The euphoric feeling and other sensations (relaxed) you describe will disappear after your Kratom honeymoon is over. If you keep chasing them you will need to constantly keep increasing the dose.

If you want to find a good dose for sedation then:
    <li>stick to ONE strain and experiment with that. (I would recommend a Red Borneo or a Red Bentuangie) </li>

    <li>Keep good notes on the time, dose, and onset of the sedation feeling. </li>
    <li> stick to dosing once per day at the end of the day to find a good dose range. If you find after a week that this does not seem to work, then go to dosing twice per day starting in the later part of the day. Sometimes you have to take two doses later in the day to achieve enough sedation to work at bedtime, because the sedating effect of the doses can be cumulative.</li>
    <li>take Kratom on an empty stomach so there is nothing to interfere with absorption</li>
    <li>re-adjust your expectations - Kratom is NOT going to knock you out. You should still be doing everything that is recommended for a good night's sleep including relaxation techniques and "quiet time" before bed in order to get you "sleep ready".
    I take reds all day long and the only time I ever feel "sedated" is if I am relaxing in my easy chair after a dose of a red strain. If I active I do not feel like I have to lie down or anything like that.</li>

This should get you started...it is a bit of an experiment.

We like to call ourselves MAD scientists. However, the experiment is quite safe!

You know, I thought the same thing about the tolerance too. You might be right, but the only thing is that one of the batches that I bought was a white strain. I took about 1.5 g before going to see my friend. I was relaxed and free from anxiety. I guess that's what I was really trying to say and misspoke when I said euphoric. I wasn't stoned.

My words came to me very easily, which is not usually the case with me. I was relaxed and felt very insightful. I felt at ease when I met him for dinner. We were at a bar and talking with this really attractive bartender. Normally I would feel insecure and would try really hard to come up with witty things to say. I felt at peace and just enjoyed talking with her and with him.

This is not how I am usually and I guess I felt a sort of happiness that I noticed these things were happening.

I also agree with everything else you wrote, very good advice. Thanks.

Whiskeyjoe-

Your own post says it all. 1.5 grams. You’re getting the SUBTLE EFFECTS and then you gobble down a bunch more to get a buzz and this is not how kratom works.
You’re attempting to abuse it and you will get side effects from processing so much unnecessary powder.

Use it properly and DON’T GOBBLE DOWN 5 grams AFTERWARD. The first two weeks happens once per lifetime and the ONLY WAY to come close to that again is to quit altogether for a lengthy amount of time. There are no shortcuts to get that again.
Keep trying but eventually the only way is to switch to extracts and getting yourself an addiction you must withdraw from and then you’re stuck UNTIL YOU QUIT anyway.

One lecture from me per person. Good luck! Glad you found us!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds

Forum Support

If you're interested in advertising on the site or having any trouble with any function of the forum, please drop us a line.

Contact Us