08 Dec 2012
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND...
A few months ago we asked some of the Approved Vendors to offer some discounts to our community. A lot of them graciously did. We have been asked to bring those discounts back. The following vendors would like to share the love for this forum with you. I know we all appreciate it.
Read More...
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

TOPIC: The less is more theory

The less is more theory 6 months 1 week ago #27606

  • Nan70
  • Nan70's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 633
  • Karma: 23
  • Thank you received: 1192
With difference strains and different alkaloid contents depending on different variables. Having a set dose that always works is one of the unique experience I have with Kratom. I have a scale and I dose 2.3 - 2.5 grams. So this is my dose? I found that keeping notes on strains is valuable. Sometimes I will put aside a Kratom strain because it made me feel edgy or nauseous. Nausea should mean it was stronger than I was used too or the quality was off. I at least know that I do not need to dose any more than 2.5 grams. But I just found out that I can dose less with some of my kratom collection. This was my recent experience I tried a sample I had of green zareena I dosed at 2.3 and I did not feel like it did anything but nausea . I considered because it made me feel nauseous maybe this green was just strong and not a bad strain. The next day I decided to almost cut the dose in half expecting to feel nothing but to my surprise it was fantastic.
I never considered than decreasing a Kratom dose would make it work better but in this case less was more.

Wondering if anyone else has decreased a dose and got better results?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Teeswaran, Valkyress, BarnicleBill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The less is more theory 6 months 1 week ago #27619

  • BarnicleBill
  • BarnicleBill's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 134
  • Karma: 1
  • Thank you received: 176
Very interesting!!! BB
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.


No matter where ya go.....there ya are! BB
I never make mistakes........
I thought I made a mistake once...but I was wrong!

The less is more theory 6 months 1 week ago #27620

  • Nan70
  • Nan70's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 633
  • Karma: 23
  • Thank you received: 1192
Day two of the less is more experiment. I tried halfing my dose of a no fly Purple Dragon the effects were a slow start but again I am having really good results.
I am taking these doses only during the day which is not my usual time to dose. I have not reduced my nightly dose yet but I am going to try a slight decrease tonight.

My goal is not managing pain during this experiment but to improve fatigue and mood. I am still noticing less aches than my daily normal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, BarnicleBill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The less is more theory 6 months 1 week ago #27623

  • su9861
  • su9861's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 13
  • Thank you received: 15

  • Notice: Undefined variable: config in /home/line0019/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle5/layouts/user/profile/default.php on line 139

    Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/line0019/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle5/layouts/user/profile/default.php on line 139
I can vouch for different strains effects at different doses. My morning coffee includes a small~1/2 tsp of a gram or 2 of various strains. The hardest part is getting it to mix well in and not clump.
I have my favs of PMD & Greens, but when I am getting to the bottom of a package I usually just kick in maybe 3 or 4 different or ones that were not that good at the time. Well this mixed seems way more powerful to me. I can "micro" dose with just a wet finger & will make my tongue/mouth numb.
It does help the sore knees & back and helps me face a new day. I suggest to mix up some that you put aside for a new treat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The less is more theory 6 months 1 week ago #27660

  • Thefrogshateme
  • Thefrogshateme's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 483
  • Karma: 11
  • Thank you received: 593

Nan70 wrote: With difference strains and different alkaloid contents depending on different variables. Having a set dose that always works is one of the unique experience I have with Kratom. I have a scale and I dose 2.3 - 2.5 grams. So this is my dose? I found that keeping notes on strains is valuable. Sometimes I will put aside a Kratom strain because it made me feel edgy or nauseous. Nausea should mean it was stronger than I was used too or the quality was off. I at least know that I do not need to dose any more than 2.5 grams. But I just found out that I can dose less with some of my kratom collection. This was my recent experience I tried a sample I had of green zareena I dosed at 2.3 and I did not feel like it did anything but nausea . I considered because it made me feel nauseous maybe this green was just strong and not a bad strain. The next day I decided to almost cut the dose in half expecting to feel nothing but to my surprise it was fantastic.
I never considered than decreasing a Kratom dose would make it work better but in this case less was more.

Wondering if anyone else has decreased a dose and got better results?

Do you only get to pain killing effects or the honey moon effects? Sedating, energy, mood lift
The following user(s) said Thank You: BarnicleBill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The less is more theory 6 months 1 week ago #27668

  • Nan70
  • Nan70's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 633
  • Karma: 23
  • Thank you received: 1192
[quoteDo you only get to pain killing effects or the honey moon effects? Sedating, energy, mood lift][/quote]

I have yet to say the honey moon effects are completely over in general for me when I take Kratom. I still get a sense of a Kratom lift, it just hits me later it really depends on the strain.
When I took less/half a dose of the Green Zareena. I first noticed the aches had been lifted, and then it took me out of the crappy mood I was in. I felt good.
The second try I think it was a Purple Dragon which is my least favorite Kratom and it helped with energy and mood lift I would say 3 times better than a good cup of coffee. It was subtle compared to a regular dose but still noticeable and favorable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BarnicleBill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The less is more theory 6 months 1 week ago #27669

  • Thefrogshateme
  • Thefrogshateme's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 483
  • Karma: 11
  • Thank you received: 593

Nan70 wrote: [quoteDo you only get to pain killing effects or the honey moon effects? Sedating, energy, mood lift]


I have yet to say the honey moon effects are completely over in general for me when I take Kratom. I still get a sense of a Kratom lift, it just hits me later it really depends on the strain.
When I took less/half a dose of the Green Zareena. I first noticed the aches had been lifted, and then it took me out of the crappy mood I was in. I felt good.
The second try I think it was a Purple Dragon which is my least favorite Kratom and it helped with energy and mood lift I would say 3 times better than a good cup of coffee. It was subtle compared to a regular dose but still noticeable and favorable.[/quote]
You've been taking it for years to though Right? I'm going on 7 months daily and frequently just eager for the effects. But It dose hold a physical dependence like Laurie has mentioned where you can't get outta bed without
The following user(s) said Thank You: BarnicleBill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The less is more theory 6 months 1 week ago #27672

  • Nan70
  • Nan70's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 633
  • Karma: 23
  • Thank you received: 1192
Frogs-

I have been taking Kratom for about sevens months. I do not usually re-dose. I have never taken Kratom more than twice a day. If my dose is at night I wake up fine and can wait until my next dose. I have very little history of taking prescription pain meds, I have taken them but infrequently. I had no tolerance to them before I started Kratom. I was not having withdrawals to treat. I started at 2 grams and micro increased by miligrams, so 2.3-2.5 grams treats my worst pain. I do take my dose with turmeric, but not during this less is more experiment.

Hope this sheds some light for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BarnicleBill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The less is more theory 6 months 1 week ago #27674

  • Thefrogshateme
  • Thefrogshateme's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 483
  • Karma: 11
  • Thank you received: 593

Nan70 wrote: Frogs-

I have been taking Kratom for about sevens months. I do not usually re-dose. I have never taken Kratom more than twice a day. If my dose is at night I wake up fine and can wait until my next dose. I have very little history of taking prescription pain meds, I have taken them but infrequently. I had no tolerance to them before I started Kratom. I was not having withdrawals to treat. I started at 2 grams and micro increased by miligrams, so 2.3-2.5 grams treats my worst pain. I do take my dose with turmeric, but not during this less is more experiment.

Hope this sheds some light for you.

My dosage always fluctuate. I wonder if I followed that same strategy how long that would be my norm
The following user(s) said Thank You: BarnicleBill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The less is more theory 6 months 1 week ago #27677

  • Nan70
  • Nan70's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 633
  • Karma: 23
  • Thank you received: 1192
Frogs-
You mentioned somewhere in another post that Re-leaf strains are all sedating for you. I wonder if you decreased your dosage with this Kratom that you might get more stimulation.

How many times have we read lower doses of kratom for stimulation higher doses for sedation.

If you give this a shot please report back I would love to know if this works.

Have you been told yet to get a scale? ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

Forum Support

If you're interested in advertising on the site or having any trouble with any function of the forum, please drop us a line.

Contact Us