07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!


We could use your help though...
Read More...
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)

TOPIC: Strain Rotation for Strain Stagnant Syndrome

Strain Rotation for Strain Stagnant Syndrome 2 months 3 weeks ago #43827

  • Laurie
  • Laurie's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Posts: 5822
  • Karma: 92
  • Thank you received: 7972
YUP YUP YUP CrayDumb, you’re so right! If I wasn’t an addict, I never would have sought out this group and the leaf!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, CrayDumb, Tiggermanscrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Strain Rotation for Strain Stagnant Syndrome 2 months 3 weeks ago #43851

  • Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Somethingsacredgoinonhere's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1362
  • Karma: 30
  • Thank you received: 3963

CrayDumb wrote: I'm one those addicts. I started out with a healthy relationship with kratom but went off into the deep end with high dosages. I've never blamed kratom, but I did blame my impulsiveness and lack of control. I don't think we should shame people who "use it for euphoria" or whatever different reason they use it than you. Rather, informing the responsibility of how to use and imo what can happen if you get irresponsible with your use. I think its much healthier for anyone to swallow kratom than to risk their life even picking up their fix in the first place, and risk getting put on jail just to put a dirty needle in their arm. I was always told "less is more" etc. But didn't forsee the consequences of the high doses I was taking (pretty much every thing OPPOSITE of a typical kratom burn). I've effectively cut down and am glad I'm seeing the light and am now working to take the absolute lowest dosages to reap the most benefits. I definitely feel more responsible and respect the plant much more this time around.


I love euphoria!!! No shame in that at all!! Who says we can’t enjoy the herbs we take and also happen to get all these other benefits from?? Not me !!! I use the term moodlift ... for me having a boost in my mood is what I consider euphoric ..!! Feels great to be feeling good,

Hope your day is treating you well Craydumb (L)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, CrayDumb, Tiggermanscrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Strain Rotation for Strain Stagnant Syndrome 2 months 3 weeks ago #43861

  • CrayDumb
  • CrayDumb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 89
  • Karma: 6
  • Thank you received: 184

madmaxnightrider wrote: Yes some people will know if they cannot take Kratom responsibly. They will get Side Effects. Kratom will let you know if you are Abusing it. That's what's great about Kratom. Less is more is so True. The lower the dose the better it will work for you but if you are taking bigger & bigger doses all the time then Kratom is not going to work for you like it should because you are not using it responsibly. Just like with anything Use In Moderation.

I don't blame people for taking Kratom for Euphoria. It's just a good side effect of Kratom. I just don't like to use that word because it seems to be connected with Drug Use & Getting High. I would Rather use the Word Mood Lift because Kratom really Lifts your Mood in a More Natural State rather than an Artificial State that is like being High. Kratom will Not get you High by any Means. Kratom is a Subtle Plant like Coffee. Coffee actually has more Energy than Kratom.

I never Shame Drug Addicts because Believe me I was one of the Worst you had ever seen. I was Addicted to being a Drug Addict until Kratom stopped me from that path. I never Judge Anybody because I have a Ton of Faults & Nobody knows what each Person's Life is Like. I really hate it when People Judge other People on how they Look, Act or their Disability. They are Human just like you. We are all Equal no matter what.


although i disagree with a lot of what you say (euphora = mood lift...semantics etc.), i understand how you don't want it to be associated with it due to the legality of it, so i totally get it. Thanks for your informative posts here btw, i've learned quite a bit from you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Strain Rotation for Strain Stagnant Syndrome 2 months 3 weeks ago #43862

  • CrayDumb
  • CrayDumb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 89
  • Karma: 6
  • Thank you received: 184

Somethingsacredgoinonhere wrote:

CrayDumb wrote: I'm one those addicts. I started out with a healthy relationship with kratom but went off into the deep end with high dosages. I've never blamed kratom, but I did blame my impulsiveness and lack of control. I don't think we should shame people who "use it for euphoria" or whatever different reason they use it than you. Rather, informing the responsibility of how to use and imo what can happen if you get irresponsible with your use. I think its much healthier for anyone to swallow kratom than to risk their life even picking up their fix in the first place, and risk getting put on jail just to put a dirty needle in their arm. I was always told "less is more" etc. But didn't forsee the consequences of the high doses I was taking (pretty much every thing OPPOSITE of a typical kratom burn). I've effectively cut down and am glad I'm seeing the light and am now working to take the absolute lowest dosages to reap the most benefits. I definitely feel more responsible and respect the plant much more this time around.


I love euphoria!!! No shame in that at all!! Who says we can’t enjoy the herbs we take and also happen to get all these other benefits from?? Not me !!! I use the term moodlift ... for me having a boost in my mood is what I consider euphoric ..!! Feels great to be feeling good,

Hope your day is treating you well Craydumb (L)
the more you guys type my name, the more i want to fucking change it lmao. i made this account for a damn discount. never thought i'd actually be using it to post... and now i actually have the wrong pronunciation of "kratom" in my name, not to mention spelled as "dumb" =D>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by CrayDumb.

Strain Rotation for Strain Stagnant Syndrome 2 months 3 weeks ago #43865

  • CrayDumb
  • CrayDumb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 89
  • Karma: 6
  • Thank you received: 184

Tiggermanscrat wrote: I do see where some recovering addicts talk about their experiences with other addicts who do not want to admit that they are addicts.

i see this a lot and I may have even been there myself which led me to abusing kratom. I was previously in a community that was too optimistic about kratom and far from REAL about it. "nothing can go wrong!" etc. but they were just as naive as I once was. They just circle jerk the benefits of kratom without reinforcing how cautious you should be with it because they didn't want ANYTHING bad getting to the public about kratom so the legality wouldn't change, and new people (addicts) hear that same jargon, take it to heart, and go off in the deep end just to curse kratom to the grave. It's not healthy at all and it's why i hate when people look through rose colored glasses about anything rather than being real about it. It can be a beautiful thing if you go about it the right way, but seems like the people with bad experiences about it weren't informed and had information suppressed about it from whoever they chose to believe. There's a lot of conflicting opinions about it and the only real way to actually see is for yourself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by CrayDumb.

Strain Rotation for Strain Stagnant Syndrome 2 months 3 weeks ago #43876

  • Tiggermanscrat
  • Tiggermanscrat's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Posts: 648
  • Karma: 10
  • Thank you received: 1539
CD,
I'll call you that now instead of the other that you dislike. :lol:

Thank you for prompting such a great thread! :-bd

If it nudges even one person who might be kidding themselves about addiction, like I have done, to rethink why they a taking kratom it has done a great thing. :-bd

Excellent comments from all my ILK brothers and sisters here! Y'all are the best! :-bd

For me personally euphoria leads to wanting to get high. My addiction makes me unable to allow myself to get euphoric or even mellow. One thing invariably leads to another and I end up starting my road back to the insanity of addiction. That's why I was very tentative when I first started using kratom back in March. My wife also monitors me to make sure that I do not exhibit any of the indicators that she has seen for when I am starting down that path. :-?
It has been almost 12 years since I was there but I think I am always 1 glass of wine or 1 pain pill away from it. :(
Before knowing about kratom I had a surgery and I refused to take any pain meds after it. I suffered through the pain because of my fear of losing myself back to chasing the dragon. :evil:

Because of my addiction I can't understand how anybody can get a little high and not want more of it. And for it to last forever. Why would anyone want to give that up? Such are the thoughts of this addict and unfortunately many more that I work with in recovery. :(

Your brother and friend,
Don :)
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Strain Rotation for Strain Stagnant Syndrome 2 months 3 weeks ago #43879

  • Laurie
  • Laurie's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Posts: 5822
  • Karma: 92
  • Thank you received: 7972
Hi CD,

Yes, I’ve seen the word, “addiction” almost censored (on another kratom forum) when I was using it to warn someone who could not digest the plant material and figured using extracts would solve that problem :ohmy:

I was ALMOST banned from the group!

That naïveté exists and it’s so important that people get THE WHOLE STORY before embarking on a kratom journey. Many people are in too big of a hurry to bother reading about it AT ALL first.

Thanks god for the GMP compliance program or kratom would be on the news with flavored vaping products!

There’s no excuse for not getting educated first - but that is something I learned from the leaf. As an addict in recovery, I would take any pill and ask questions later! So it took me almost 50 years on earth to get it together!

I don’t believe in coincidences anymore. Everything happens for a reason and your reason for joining the forum is funny and I’m glad it happened! Welcome to the best kratom forum ever, CD! You are a big part of what makes this place special!

Hopefully you get some good discounts for shopping as well ;)
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, CrayDumb, Tiggermanscrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Strain Rotation for Strain Stagnant Syndrome 2 months 3 weeks ago #43880

  • Tiggermanscrat
  • Tiggermanscrat's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Posts: 648
  • Karma: 10
  • Thank you received: 1539
I just finished telling someone in work that I use kratom for headaches and other pains.
He asked for more info and I will be sending him links to this website and the AKA as well as the podcast of Dr. McCurdy. :-bd

Now back to work so I can keep my job and be able to buy kratom if I need to. :lol:
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Strain Rotation for Strain Stagnant Syndrome 2 months 2 weeks ago #43898

  • Littlebear3
  • Littlebear3's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 102
  • Karma: 15
  • Thank you received: 322
I certainly had no intent to shame. I was responding to a youtube video from a guy who was addicted and also knew others who were using up to 30 grams of Kratom daily. He was blaming the Kratom community for not warning people that there was potential for addiction and blamed those who "promote" Kratom use.

I have never encountered this community that claims Kratom is harmless. If someone starts taking a substance and starts to increase to the point where it is taking over their life, I think they have to take some responsibility for their situation. When someone is consuming that volume to get high, there is a problem, and it isn't the fault of Kratom or other Kratom users. It is because someone is chasing the dragon.

I get a mood lift from Kratom as well as pain relief. And I know I am not the only one with a history of depression and anxiety that appreciates the psychological impact of Kratom. It has helped me to lesson my Zoloft dose.

Addiction is a powerful thing, and shame does not accomplish healing. Acceptence and taking responsibility for your situation and getting help is what heals. But you don't get there by blaming others for your addiction.

But seriously, with an entire Internet of information, I can't feel sorry for someone that launches into huge Kratom usage and then blames others for not warning them. It takes about 10 minutes to Google volumes of information about Kratom, good and bad. Kratom has potential to provide relief that people currently are getting from more harmful medications that are much more addictive. My fear is that testimonials from those who irresponsibly go off the deep end with Kratom can fuel the push to make it illegal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, CrayDumb, Tiggermanscrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Strain Rotation for Strain Stagnant Syndrome 2 months 2 weeks ago #43899

  • Laurie
  • Laurie's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Posts: 5822
  • Karma: 92
  • Thank you received: 7972
I admit that I get a bit grumpy when people are unwilling to read ANYTHING first! They are TOO BUSY for research and seek “the strongest product for the lowest price” constantly. I even said that WE ALL have that desire and nobody is seeking lesser quality product at higher prices! On another forum, not here. LOL

THANK YOU NAN70 for providing links for people IN A HURRY (the rest of us are not busy) EVERY DAY! That service practically forces new folks to “read the brochure”! HA

I have noticed a LOT of problems are directly related to lack of proper research. There’s a few other forums that I visit and some have people stating that they cannot stomach leaf product or it tastes bad or whatever and they SKIP STRAIGHT TO EXTRACT <—-vendors cannot say a word of warning if they carry it.

For anyone new: extracts are not just shrunken down leaf product and the leaf and extract are not interchangeable in the way the body processes them. The rest of us are not using powdered leaves because we just don’t mind consuming excess plant product.

Please please ASK ASK ASK before deciding to do this even tho you are probably NOT the first person to think of that to solve any issues with powdered leaf. Please ASK QUESTIONS!

Littlebear3, I hope you didn’t think you posted anything shameful. You’re a wonderful resource for people reading the forum!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, CrayDumb, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Laurie.
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds

Forum Support

If you're interested in advertising on the site or having any trouble with any function of the forum, please drop us a line.

Contact Us