09 Mar 2020
We want to welcome everyone to the New I Love Kratom Forum. We're constantly trying to improve the forum for our members. Please take the time to show our approved vendors some love. Check out our approved advertisers as well and feel free to post about your experience. If this is your first time to the site, make sure to register and do your first post in the "Introduce Yourself" section. Also, make sure do check out the "Approved Vendors" section of the forum to find great daily and weekly deals.

We would like to send out a special thanks to all of our advertisers and approved vendors. Be sure to check out their sites and try them out.

UPDATE: Gold Leaf Botanicals is doing a special 10% off and I had posted it incorrectly. That coupon should is now changed to ILKforum15%.

We would like to throw a big thanks out to all the vendors on this forum for being so awesome and a very very special thanks to our Moderators.

~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read More...
Computers and Technology are clearly a part of every day life, so we should have a section to talk about it. This category is quite extensive, so we'll sub-categorize as needed.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gamers: What are you playing / looking forward to?

Gamers: What are you playing / looking forward to? 2 years 2 months ago #25641

• Ocholoco
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
Sorry PDO, my long response to your post was wiped out by a 'Computers and Technology'. :angry: glitch.

PDO, in short I was a game developer working for Activision 35 years ago when the home game consoles had just come out. The Atari 2600, Tandy TRS-80, Intellivision and Nintendo consoles were wildly popular. But then suddenly crashed. Read paragraph 2 ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_video_game_consoles ). We all lost our jobs. I tried to stay in the applied mathematics (modeling, engineering) field, but I didn't have much opportunities, and did business programming instead. I wish I had kept at it.

I love the Cyan series (Myst, etc), and think the sound tracks really draw the gamer in to the 2D worlds. Obduction (Cyan) is a modern 3D adventure where you can walk around freely, in the first person. I recommend checking it out. I completed most all of it without a single cheat or on-line help, which is pretty good for little old me. :side:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gamers: What are you playing / looking forward to? 2 years 3 months ago #25429

• dayturnsnight
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 201
COD WW2. Xbox one. So damn glitchy! If anyone is on xbox one add me dayturnsnight6
All I ever wanted was to pick apart the day, put the pieces back together my way.

Gamers: What are you playing / looking forward to? 2 years 3 months ago #25421

• roadieratonga
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 655
Well from my perspective, games just went from critical thinking with depth along with risk/reward too the total opposite.

Pretty sad when 34mb games had more content than the 6g+ ones they have out now, and yes most those gigs are for graphics than engine/ game mechanics code.

I feel the late 90's into the early 2000's were the golden age of gaming as far as depth, risk reward content goes.

Also the internet kinda killed gaming as far as not much could be secret anymore as in spoilers. Was great going to my friends and seeing what he found in final fantasy II and compare notes.

Fall out 2 > The other fallouts would be a good example of how different games are now. ( really enjoyed fallout 4 though but it is not the fallout I grew up with)

My all time "classic" faves or examples would be in no specific order:

Master of orion 1,2

Xcom apocolypse

Everquest 1

DOOM

Civ 3

Fall out 2

Galactic civilizations

Dungen keeper 2 ( Jack pot winner!!! Burn baby burn,,, disco inferno, burn baby burn,,,)

Guess I'm just a crotchety old school gamer :(
“We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.”

Last edit: by roadieratonga.

Gamers: What are you playing / looking forward to? 2 years 3 months ago #25391

• Pharmacy Dropout
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 364
I'm a huge Fallout Fan too. I love Blizzard too. I remember when I was a kid in 5th grade and they had Myst on the school computer. People would arrive an hour early before school started just to watch this one kid play. We were all blown away.

Why do you say that the gaming industry died?
I own and operate www.pharmacy-dropout.com We have the United States leading supply of bulk and retail Thunder God Vine. We also have Kratom, and other exotic botanicals. All of our Products are sold with no intent on use, and are not sold for consumption.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, roadieratonga

Gamers: What are you playing / looking forward to? 2 years 3 months ago #25385

• Ocholoco
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
As you can probably tell by my avatar, I am a gamer. All PC games, and don't like consoles.

I started out programming with a team, porting over game console programs (like Space Invaders; remember that?) from the Atari 2600 to other competing consoles. It was Assembler and Machine Language (0's and 1's) back then. Then the game industry died.

I've always liked Cyan's work, such as Myst, Uru, and Obduction. I like the idea of crawling in to new worlds and checking out different ways of playing.

I used to do a lot of FPS, but just don't have the twitch skills for it. I will admit to being part of Half-Life LAN parties, but don't do it any more. If I did, then I am sure I would really go for Overwatch. Just don't PvP too much.

Recent past, I have poured a great deal of my free time in to some offerings from Blizzard (Activision), into franchises such as the Diablo, and WoW. Looking forward to the creation and release of Vanilla WoW, and will play that at launch. ( link: us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/22814264/ ) in case you are interested.

I also like the Bethesda offerings such as the Fallout series, TES Oblivion, Skyrim, etc and have spent literally thousands of hours in those.
The following user(s) said Thank You: roadieratonga

Gamers: What are you playing / looking forward to? 2 years 3 months ago #25132

• roadieratonga
  • Platinum Boarder

Pharmacy Dropout wrote: I just beat the Witcher 3 on a harder setting. Incredible game, one of the best in the history of games, ten out of ten. Legendary. I just got the DLC content to extend game play. At last check, I had spent 312 hours on just the original game.

I like it's attention to Pagan details of the era. My wife knows A LOT about the Pagan religions (all of them), and she'll watch me play for hours...it's enchanting, and historically addictive.

I probably won't find another good game for a year...I'm very picky these days.

I guess I'll just invest all that time back into the company.

Good game, keep thinking about playing again and then I forget. I have quite afew games but havnt been playing any much the last couple months. I actually have had the minecraft bug again. It reminds me of being a kid building forts n stuff in the woods. :P
“We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.”

Gamers: What are you playing / looking forward to? 2 years 3 months ago #25124

• Pharmacy Dropout
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 364
I just beat the Witcher 3 on a harder setting. Incredible game, one of the best in the history of games, ten out of ten. Legendary. I just got the DLC content to extend game play. At last check, I had spent 312 hours on just the original game.

I like it's attention to Pagan details of the era. My wife knows A LOT about the Pagan religions (all of them), and she'll watch me play for hours...it's enchanting, and historically addictive.

I probably won't find another good game for a year...I'm very picky these days.

I guess I'll just invest all that time back into the company.
I own and operate www.pharmacy-dropout.com We have the United States leading supply of bulk and retail Thunder God Vine. We also have Kratom, and other exotic botanicals. All of our Products are sold with no intent on use, and are not sold for consumption.

Last edit: by Pharmacy Dropout.

Gamers: What are you playing / looking forward to? 2 years 3 months ago #25113

• Thefrogshateme
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 686
I was big into dcuo for years t7 pve t7 PvP. But all the game updates screwed the game. I use to l9ve drinking and playing cod until ghost came out , then advanced warfare with all the flying crap

Gamers: What are you playing / looking forward to? 2 years 6 months ago #22894

• limeheart
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
I'm playing Horizon Zero and looking forward to get Call of Duty.

Gamers: What are you playing / looking forward to? 2 years 6 months ago #22505

• roadieratonga
  • Platinum Boarder
If you love cerebral/building games that get you thinking and optimizing then I highly recommend this one.
PC only though

youtu.be/DR01YdFtWFI

At the moment I am playing , divinity original sin 2. It's like a old school rpg like baulders gate and fallout 2.
The games I like the most are open world where only your imagination is the limit, minecraft, 7 days to die, empyrion, avorion and factorio are my top favorites.

Last edit: by roadieratonga.
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds