Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussion regarding Enhanced Leaf Kratom, Opinions, Questions and Experiences. Or feel free to talk about your favorite kind of Plain Leaf Kratom. This is a hot topic and there are many members that would appreciate your input.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

questioning vendor about how much extract is in 'enhanced'? 1 month 2 weeks ago #50789

• Peace Rabbit
  • Peace Rabbit's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Thank you for all the replies and advice

I'd always considered an extract to be like a 'booster' to take with plain leaf powder. So to take small amounts so you don't have to take large quantities of plain leaf and potentially become nauseous

But from what I read a lot of people say with Kratom is that 'less is more', so if you take too much you overdo it and ruin any potentially beneficial effects. Is this people's general experiences?

I haven't really noticed much from kratom so far but I'm going to keep trying. But I'm a little confused as to the different 'colours' and 'strains'. I know that White is supposed to be more stimulating and red more sedating, with green somewhere in the middle, but there are also all the different strains ('Thai, Indo etc...) to factor in. Also some people say that ALL kratom colours/strains in general will become less stimulating and more sedating the more you take.

As for extract/enhanced, I have very little choice because as I described in another thread here in the UK there are no longer any vendors so I have to order from that European site
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Peace Rabbit.

questioning vendor about how much extract is in 'enhanced'? 1 month 2 weeks ago #50787

• Vanity33
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
I did buy an extract from one of the vendors out there About a month ago but never tried it because after I bought it I said to myself this might be too strong and knock me out! I think the package says 10%MIT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

questioning vendor about how much extract is in 'enhanced'? 1 month 2 weeks ago #50784

• Insense1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1786
I too am a fan of just plain leaf, especially the good, fresh plain leaf....

its also my experience that there are a few out there that plain leaf isn't enough....

It took me a long time and a lot of searching until I found one that was acceptable to me....

The MIT is concentrated and refined while the hydroxy7 levels are kept to the level as it naturally occurs in the leaf. Under 2%....
Oh Yeah...forgot to mention.....
This all passes cGMP regulations....

As i said i am not a fan of extracts, but there are different kinds of extracts, some that aren't so good.....because they have all the garbage in them, and there are more refined extracts....that do
cost ALOT.....
and.....they are different than regular extracts....
regular extracts are heavy.....
this more refined one is not.

Thanks for all the "information"

Insense1
:-)

questioning vendor about how much extract is in 'enhanced'? 1 month 2 weeks ago #50782

• Vanity33
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you so much! You answered everything I was curious about. Great information!

questioning vendor about how much extract is in 'enhanced'? 1 month 2 weeks ago #50781

• FusedFlora
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 569

Vanity33 wrote: I just saw this topic and this may be a very dumb question that most of you know the answer to but I will ask anyway. Are extracts for pain relief or energy or both? Its seems if they are more concentrated would that make them more relaxing/sedating? Please can someone explain how this works? I did get the underlying message just stick with the powder but I am curious. Thanks.

Extracts are usually a direct reflection of what they're made from. If made from a fast and stimulating white maeng da, then they'll have much of the same effects.

The problem is for a vendor to sell extracts, they'll need to use a lot of kratom. And it doesn't make sense to use "the good stuff," as their good stuff is usually selling and they'll have to invest a bit more to make the extract. So in light of this, they'll tend to use leftovers or leaf that didn't meet their established minimum alkaloid content or just bad batches (as extractions removes a lot of the biologicals, and impurities if done correctly, etc...). It's usually not made from one specific batch, but a bunch of batches, as making extract is expensive and to be cost effective of using waste, you need a lot to make it. Short, it's usually a hodgepodge of bunk greens, whites, and reds combined, and each one I've had has been unpredictable. In my experience it's just a different feeling, but mostly like a slow red, even with enhanced green or white, I've felt like it was a red.

Don't get me wrong, if your tolerance is super high and one can't use powder without 20g or more, then extracts make sense, but I would argue to try to reduce dose as much as possible. There are plenty of great GMP vendors that carry enhanced leaf under the consumer act guidelines that if I had to pick, those would be the ones.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Vanity33

Last edit: by FusedFlora.

questioning vendor about how much extract is in 'enhanced'? 1 month 2 weeks ago #50780

• Vanity33
  • Fresh Boarder
I just saw this topic and this may be a very dumb question that most of you know the answer to but I will ask anyway. Are extracts for pain relief or energy or both? Its seems if they are more concentrated would that make them more relaxing/sedating? Please can someone explain how this works? I did get the underlying message just stick with the powder but I am curious. Thanks.

questioning vendor about how much extract is in 'enhanced'? 1 month 2 weeks ago #50779

• FusedFlora
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 569

Peace Rabbit wrote: How do you know how much extract has been used in an 'enhanced' leaf kratom?

Is there a ratio or proportion? I ask because a vendor I've used sells 'Specials' with 'enhanced effects' but doesn't specify what the extract to plain-leaf ratio is:

www.kraatje.eu/contents/en-us/d53_Kratom_Specials.html

I was thinking of asking them but wasn't sure what to ask.

They also sell just a regular extract called ERIK (Extreme Radical Indo Kratom)

www.kraatje.eu/contents/en-us/d28_Order_Kratom_Extracts.html

To be honest, extracts and enhanced leaf are extremely risky. Even if the vendor can tell you the mitra content, the extract could have been made inefficiently and left many of the secondary and tertiary alkaloids that are not tested. Many of these other alkaloids haven't been studied fully, and while they are in extremely low quantities in raw leaf powder and seem ok in moderation for consumption, it's impossible to know the risk in higher quantities at this time. Making extract is common, as most the industry that I've seen takes the sub par stuff with low mitra and turns it to extract so it can still be used. Its a good business practice to use waste, but in this case I see it as very detrimental to the community in my honest opinion.

For instance, if a vendor has 100g of powder that is 1.5% mitra (1.5g total), converts that to 20-1 extract, that now leaves 5g of powder with 1.5g total mitra (30% mitra content). Now that's 30% mitra, but consider it could be up to 10% mitragynine pseudoindoxyl at this point. Mitragynine pseudoindoxyl is found to be at least 10 times as potent as mitragynine; that'd be like getting 100% mitragynine on top of that 30%( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3714104/ . So if 1.5% becomes 30%, without knowing the other more potent ones, it's quite risky. I have yet to find a vendor that tests for more than 2x alkaloids and at the low quantities that we're talking about here, there's very few labs that would have the capabilities to detect it anyways. One would need precise amounts of chemicals, extremely accurate and calibrated equipment and a standard of testing, as different labs use different methods - some use menthol, some use acetone, some use a vortex shaker, each giving different results.

After thousands of years of use and probably have tried just about everything, the Malaysians/Indonesians probably have it right at this point. Not seeing them use extract at all or it being common there is enough evidence for me to think that this isn't a good thing to have.

I'd steer clear, as there's a reason why AKA is pushing for the kratom consumers protection act, and states are adopting it, particularly for this reason... "and that substance affects the quality or strength of the kratom product to such a degree as to render the kratom product injurious to a consumer....a kratom product containing a level of 7-hydroxymitragynine in the alkaloid fraction that is greater than 2% of the alkaloid composition of the product."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Peace Rabbit

Last edit: by FusedFlora.

questioning vendor about how much extract is in 'enhanced'? 1 month 2 weeks ago #50768

• Insense1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1786
It varies with the type and strength of the extract....
It can be 10% for regular enhanced
or there is stronger, cleaner.... more pure concentrates that cost alot more.... but are entirely different than a standard extract, and ask for either the concentration and percentage, or
ask what the MIT levels are.

hope this helps
insense1
:-)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Peace Rabbit

questioning vendor about how much extract is in 'enhanced'? 1 month 2 weeks ago #50766

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1316
Hey there peace rabbit , good to see you my friend,

I think it’s important to ask these questions about enhanced products that your interested in . Straight up say that your thinking about trying “fill in the blank” and wanted to know what amount of extract is added to that batch .... if it’s a full spectrum extract or geared towards a select few alkaloids.

Extracts can raise ones tolerance pretty quickly , and is recommended to use sparingly . Great for when needing some extra relief when the situation calls for it .
Good quality powder is better in the long term kratom use . Please let us know what you end up trying and your experience with this company B-)

Take care
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peace Rabbit

questioning vendor about how much extract is in 'enhanced'? 1 month 2 weeks ago #50760

• Peace Rabbit
  • Peace Rabbit's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
How do you know how much extract has been used in an 'enhanced' leaf kratom?

Is there a ratio or proportion? I ask because a vendor I've used sells 'Specials' with 'enhanced effects' but doesn't specify what the extract to plain-leaf ratio is:

www.kraatje.eu/contents/en-us/d53_Kratom_Specials.html

I was thinking of asking them but wasn't sure what to ask.

They also sell just a regular extract called ERIK (Extreme Radical Indo Kratom)

www.kraatje.eu/contents/en-us/d28_Order_Kratom_Extracts.html

Last edit: by Peace Rabbit.
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds