Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read here before posting. You may find the answer.

TOPIC:

How to take Kratom? 4 years 6 months ago #11023

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight for your Rights to Use Kratom.
  • Thank you received: 4335
That's a Shame it didn't work very well for you. I'm so sorry about that. You could contact Koda from Meridian Botanicals & ask her what herbs would be best for your Problem.
Life Is Like Teaching Sanskrit To A Pony.
Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How to take Kratom? 4 years 6 months ago #11018

• gl69m
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I thought I might let anybody here interested in knowing, I used the Botani Balm (W/ Happy Hippo Kratom)for over a week, and unfortunately it had very little effect on my pelvic muscles. I won't say that the relaxation effect was zero, just very little (perhaps as much as 10% at best). I tried using the free sample topically with castor oil and the effect was slightly stronger than the balm, but nothing to be excited about. I was hoping that the kratom alkaloids could strongly relax the muscles (as in neuro-muscular blockade of super hyper-excitable contractured muscles), but perhaps this blockade is no where near as strong as the potent curare-like drugs used to paralyze you in surgery, or as nearly strong as Botox for that matter. Only cost me 10.60$ to try it, so I'm not feeling ripped off or anything, I know it does seem to help a lot of people with pain and stress, so as long as they use it responsibly, it's worthwhile for them. I do wish it could have worked better for me, but so many things I've tried have given zero effects. Perhaps it could help in the long run, but it's immediate effect is not strong enough for me to spend more money on it with my quite limited budget.

cheers,

Glen
The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider

How to take Kratom? 4 years 6 months ago #10557

• gl69m
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, I ordered the Botani Balm (W/ Happy Hippo Kratom), 5$, 10.60$ with shipping, from Happy Hippo Herbals on Friday (4-8), arrived today (4-11) USPS Priority mail. Also got free a sample (I think it's 7-10 grams) of Magic Hippo, whatever's in that. I'm happy it came so quick, that's nice. I have applied some balm to the area that needs it, I'll have check back in later to report if it has any positive effect, I'm sure hoping it does!

Glen

Last edit: by gl69m.

How to take Kratom? 4 years 6 months ago #10366

• gl69m
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks madmaxnightrider, I appreciate the info. I guess I should have thought to search for kratom balm or topical. If this balm contains high potency (particularly mitragynine) kratom, and can absorb deep into the muscles, I'm wondering could possibly work for me. I found it also at Happy Hippo Herbals, seems to be 5$ for 2 oz. I think. Soaps I would think would be much too diluted strength actives, and not absorb in much. It seems strange, is Kratom controlled in some way legally in the U.S., can be sold, but the vendors seem to all say "not for human consumption". That is what people are doing with it, consuming it for the effects in their bodies right? I realize insence/aromatherapy is a diluted way of consuming it, but the wording seems to make this ok but not swallowing it. I'm wondering if here in IL, I could have police or some drug czar agent barge into my home if they discover I'd been consuming kratom by using a balm on my skin, the purpose of which I want to relax rigid muscles in the most intimate of places. I also realize topical consumption can could lead to systemic affects of any drug or compounds, but it seems topical application largely have local effects as opposed to systemic, certainly from what I've experienced with other remedies.

Glen
The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider

How to take Kratom? 4 years 6 months ago #10322

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight for your Rights to Use Kratom.
  • Thank you received: 4335
Hey Glen Welcome to the Forum. I really feel for you having to deal with your issues everyday. This is all I could find about Applying Kratom Topically. Hope you find some Relief.

www.downinthevalley.com/Subtropical-Topical-Kratom...m-_p_1605.html#tab-2

soapkorner.com/products/twisted-kratom
Life Is Like Teaching Sanskrit To A Pony.
Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.

How to take Kratom? 4 years 6 months ago #10318

• gl69m
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks msolis for the reply. I certainly do live with a nightmare I have't been able to wake up from as yet. At least I still have my family, my wife and our son and daughter, if it weren't for them, being like this I think I'd have gone crazy by now!
I am curious, you mentioned the red indo, I have read somewhere else saying red strains were good for pain and more relaxing, perhaps they have more of the two major alkaloids (mitragynine, and that long name one), do you (or anyone else?) know if that could be the case? I have found that DMSO or Castor oil (or combination) is pretty good at getting just about anything to absorb topically/transdermal. I figure 10-30$ for a try is probably worth a small $ risk, to see if it can help. I can't afford a lot, so I have to patiently wait every other pay check or so to order potential remedies. So far Castor oil seems to help in certain ways better than anything else so far, it's supposed to be able to dissolve or loosen scar tissue, which it seems to some (I'm certain I have a lot of scar tissue down there), but after about 3 months has not softened the muscles as yet. Thanks for the reply and info about the strains, cheers.

How to take Kratom? 4 years 6 months ago #10317

• msolis
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 68
Hey Glen, I first wanted to say I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. Sounds like a nightmare to me!
I can't speak of anyone I know or even read about trying kratom as a topical application. However, this plant amazes me every day as I find or read about everything it is capable of. Myself and several people I know have had great success with red strains for pain. They really do work miracles. But mostly taken orally mixed up with different juices to calm the taste of it. It's not awful by itself but can be a little bitter. Red indo would be a good first try. You would also benefit from green or white strains for the energy boost your looking for. Either Thai or Maeng da you can't go wrong with from a good vendor. Most of them have very affordable sampler packages and you can experiment with them until you find the one that works best for you. There are several great vendors on this forum that have been verified and have reviews from members.
I hope you can find some relief, you can read all the great success stories here also. For most people, kratom has changed their lives for the better. It has certainly changed mine. Hope this helps some. Good luck and welcome to the forum!
You get out what you put in....

How to take Kratom? 4 years 6 months ago #10286

• gl69m
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, my name is Glen, I'm a 46 year old man, I live in IL near St. Louis MO. I currently have never used Kratom, or know anyone who has. I have a potential strong interest in using it however; it is a lengthy explanation, I'll try to be brief. It is also of a very personal bodily nature, some bodily details are necessary, I don't want to offend anyone.
The simplest explanation is that I suffer from chronic pelvic pain, going on now for more than 5 & 1/2 years. I had a severe injury and subsequent infection and rash, swelling and massive inflammation of my genital area. This occurred from two cuts I accidentally made to the base of my penis just above my testicle sac, I like to trim down there. I had been doing that for at least ten years, maybe more before this occurred, certainly did not at all intend it to happen, and I had nicked myself plenty of times before, but never as severe as this time. I cleaned up and kept antibiotic and antifungal creams on it, but the infection ensued and swelling of my testicles and itchy red rash, the total of which lasted possibly ten days before subsiding. This was very painful, my penis was extremely tight and retracted during this time. I foolishly did not seek medical help at the time, fear of embarrassment and possible expense. I did not realize it would lead to the chronic pelvic pain disease. Afterwards, my penis stayed tight and retracted (as well as shorter and skinnier, flaccid and erect), and pain internally was ever present, but not usually sharp pains unless pressed on in certain muscles and areas.
I could easily write a sizable book on how this devastated my life since then, all of the things I have tried to do to alleviate it and reverse it, how all the doctors I've went to seeking help had utterly failed me, and how it strained my marriage which was always conflicted to begin with with me and my wife. I don't want to bore anyone here with all of those details. My main reason for coming on the forum is to ask for help, advice on a possible use for Kratom that I would like to try and alleviate the muscle contractures in my pelvic and genital muscles.
Personally for me, the best relief I do get at all comes from using remedies that I can apply topically directly to the area; they have to be able to penetrate deep to the muscles and tissues. Oral remedies have provided next to nothing for me. I had Botox injected into these muscles in 2013, and it very strongly relaxed the muscles, unfortunately this effect only lasted about 7 days and was gone, which cost me 550$, with no insurance covering the Botox cost, and since I never had it repeated.
My thought is adding Kratom extract/powder to either castor oil, or a DMSO solution, or some other oil or water solution/ointment of some kind to apply directly to my groin and pelvic areas. From what I've read the two main alkaloids in Kratom (Mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine) have significant neuro-muscular blocking potential, which can inhibit acetylcholine from keeping muscles contracted (perhaps like Botox does but by a different mechanism), and thus bring about muscle relaxation. My muscles that are in severe contracture every second 24/7/365 permanently (which I'm certainly hoping is not truly irreversible, which so far has mainly proven to be so); so I really, really, really, really!!! want something that can alleviate the rigid muscles, hopefully for long periods, and if repeat treatments are needed 1 to 4 times a day, for months, then I need something effective that I can afford. I also know that some of the essential oils I've used (Lavender, linalool in particular) have the ability to inhibit the enzyme acetylcholinesterase (which breaks down acetylcholine at the neuromuscular junction, from what I've read) and thus causing further and tighter muscle contraction. I'm hoping there are no constituents in Kratom that has this inhibitory ability, this might negate it's ability to relax these muscles in my case anyway.
Anyway, sorry for the long winded post, I am really curious to see if any Kratom users out there know of any usage of this sort (topical, particularly with intention of relaxing rigid muscles). Also, I wouldn't mind knowing which brand/strain of Kratom to order for that, where to order it, how to pay (like PayPal, feels safer to me anyway). I don't want to spend money on it if there are good indications it had been tried and failed, I haven't seen any posts anywhere saying it's been used like that, but I've only recently started digging into the subject of Kratom. Certainly I am not interested in using it as a recreational drug, I've never used any, not starting now. Obviously, I would not want anyone thinking I'm just some druggie seeking a fix, and I'm also not judging anyone else for that here, using Kratom or anything else. If it could help me with energy levels, or even help me with what I believe is my overall disease (I believe I may suffer from some form of Candida type syndrome, obviously not to be confused with Candidiasis), then perhaps i would be willing to try it as a supplement (ingestion).
Anyway, I thank the forum and anyone's input,

Glen

How to take Kratom? 5 years 7 hours ago #5714

• ChromeDreams
  • Gold Boarder
  • F-THISBS
  • Thank you received: 111

front360 wrote: FYI, I gave you the details that you requested immediately, and on 24 September 2015, you told me that PD had sent it out to me. Never mind the mix up, but when are you going to make good Chuck? I need it.

Thanks in advance,
front360

Don aka front360,

I have kept you informed, and addressed this issue with you privately as best I could given the circumstances, but since you have chosen to post this publicly I will address it here as well:

I ordered your "prize" from Pharmacy Dropout on September 24th and then texted Jeff your address the same night. Somehow things got confused and Jeff sent it to me by accident - no big deal, I'd just mail it on to you. I received it September 29th. At this time, as I let you know (not that it was your business, but as a courtesy), I was extremely ill and unable to go to the post office. This illness culminated with me falling and hitting my head on Saturday the 3rd of October.

This led to a situation that involved EMS and the local police, who in their infinite wisdom confiscated all my herbals, including your package that was labeled and ready to send out to you. When I was back home on Sunday afternoon, I immediately called the police demanding that my legal herbals be returned, including your package plus another I had here for someone else. I was told I had to wait until the investigating officers released it because it was "evidence"! Evidence of what, I wondered. A few days later I reached out to Paul Kemp at the AKA for advice. Thankfully, on October 13th, without having to take further legal action, they released the "evidence" to me.

Upon getting said "evidence" home, I found that neither package was in the bag, and that many of my containers that had Kratom in them appeared to have less material than had been in them previous to that night. At that point I decided it was in my best interests to cut my losses and let it go for personal reasons. I let you know privately about all of this, and that I was not financially able to place another order with PD until a later date; this night cost me more than I bargained for. I told you I would place another order next month when I was financially able to. That's all I could do...

Thanks for dragging this into public domain, and by doing so questioning my honesty and integrity...I really appreciate it, though it's not like you have much else to offer the group. You've made 3 posts, all relating to this subject. Technically I could have disqualified you after your first post, which was not only an incorrect answer to my contest, but exactly what I said NOT to guess; that the references were not types of full moons. But you persevered (and Googled again, I'm sure) and got it right with post 2. Congratulations!

Your "prize" will be in the mail (again) in a few weeks. I'll make doubly sure I get your address to Jeff before I place the order this time, to ensure you receive it without fanfare...Enjoy!
WHEN MANY OFFER GREAT ADVICE IN A TIMELY FASHION IT MAKES FOR A GREAT COMMUNITY. WHEN IT BECOMES ABOUT A FEW WHO LIKE TO HEAR THEMSELVES TALK AND DROWN OUT EVERYONE ELSE IT'S LIKE A RADIO SHOW: ILK PRESENTS THE "MAD MAX NEVER SHUTS UP SHOW" SPONSORED BY VENDORS HERE WHO ALSO HAPPEN TO OWN THE FORUM
The following user(s) said Thank You: front360

Last edit: by ChromeDreams. Reason: spelling

How to take Kratom? 5 years 5 days ago #5634

• front360
  • Fresh Boarder

ChromeDreams wrote: Finally, someone picked up on what I was putting down (Welfare Mothers reference/hint)!!! Both are great "Moon" songs by the finest songwriter this side of Bob Dylan...congrats front360! PM me with what strain you want from Pharmacy Dropout and your snail mail address and I'll order it asap!

FYI, I gave you the details that you requested immediately, and on 24 September 2015, you told me that PD had sent it out to me. Never mind the mix up, but when are you going to make good Chuck? I need it.

Thanks in advance,
front360

Last edit: by front360.
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds