Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read here before posting. You may find the answer.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Powder or Capsules? 6 years 1 month ago #1383

• suejulene
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi all
I don't really have a recipe...trial and error. Lately, I have used Plain Greek Yoghurt with 2 packets of splenda to mix in the Red Thai I take. It has been a little gritty, but otherwise tastes just fine to me. It's been so much better than taking it with applesauce or juice. The smoothie I mentioned was good too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Powder or Capsules? 6 years 1 month ago #1382

• Al
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
You mentioned "RECIPES": I found some online, and the info corroborates our findings right here... kratomonline.org/kratom-recipes/

Powder or Capsules? 6 years 1 month ago #1379

• Al
  • Fresh Boarder
Lilyreed, Mine were trial and error, and I believe Suejulene's recipe was also her own creation. What I found was that in making a match for kratom, one needs a fat, a sweetener, and something for texture. The gritty texture pretty much disappears with banana mash as we both discovered. Suejulene used peach for sweetness, and peach IS very sweet. So is jelly, chocolate and table sugar as I used. Then for fat, Suejulene used soy milk (which I too love) but she was industrious enough to make a smoothie. I LOVE smoothies and think Suejulene's recipe is awesome, but I don't like cleaning the blender and there isn't room in the fridge for large batches, so I go for quick and easy. Peanut butter has oil, ice cream has cream, so they both work. Chocolate chip mint ice cream covers all the bases with no preparation (the ground chocolate blends with the texture too), so that is this lazy guy's quick favorite! Strength in the peanut butter combos also lies in natural peanut butter (in moderation) is healthy and also has antidepressant properties* which we can all use. Aside from the simple science, it also reminds me of being a child at camp...fond memories. Again, if you have sweet, fat, and something for texture, you may have a winner. Experiment! ...or be lazy and just hit the chocolate chip mint ;-) Enjoy! *http://www.doctoryourself.com/prozac.html

Powder or Capsules? 6 years 1 month ago #1378

• lilyreed
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Wow! Sounds like you guys know your stuff. I like the idea of mashing it with a banana. Are these all original ideas or do you guys happen to know of a website that has something like Kratom recipes?

Thanks for the helpful suggestions :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Al

Powder or Capsules? 6 years 1 month ago #1368

• Al
  • Fresh Boarder
I've been using 3 gms of kratom daily to replace a vicodin the doctor prescribed, and found it goes well with a p&j sandwich, chocolate chip ice cream, and okay with mashed banana, peanut butter, and oats. The later is health food using any peanut butter without "hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oil". The bitterness is gone and the graininess blends with the oats.You can hardly taste it in the ice cream, and the flavor tastes okay...maybe "good". Kratom's only real problem is that it is very bitter. Sugar counters that perfectly. Once that is done, it's pretty much a cabinet spice. It does blend well with oils and sugar. Without those two ingredients, I would stick with caps, but TRY it. If it works for you, you'll save money. All you need to set up is a canister full of powdered kratom (4 oz or more) and an accurate teaspoon measure.

Powder or Capsules? 6 years 1 month ago #1366

• suejulene
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have made a smoothie with a peach, a banana, and a little soy milk with the Kratom...tastes pretty good to me now! =D>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Al

Powder or Capsules? 6 years 1 month ago #1361

• rigemortis
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I use a product called "The Capsule Machine", in size "0". When packed well it holds a 1/4 tsp. I mixed super green borneo, Enriched malay and enhanced mang da. These three work well in a two capsule dose.

Powder or Capsules? 6 years 1 month ago #1345

• Denise B
  • Denise B's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
Perfect! And it sounds like it tastes a little better too :)

Powder or Capsules? 6 years 1 month ago #1330

• Al
  • Fresh Boarder
I'd mix the powder with applesauce and chase it with a lemonade or OJ. It works well because the applesauce suspends it so less makes contact with your tongue, and it doesn't stick as with honey. There should be little or no aftertaste.

Powder or Capsules? 6 years 2 months ago #1319

• Denise B
  • Denise B's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
Great suggestions! Thanks you guys :)

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds