Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read here before posting. You may find the answer.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Antidepressant use of Kratom 5 years 7 months ago #2137

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 1147
If anxiety is more of a problem than depression, most people mention using a Red Vein strain, such as Bali or Red Vein Borneo. If it is a low-energy type of depression, a Maeng Da or Green Malay with a little bit of White Vein Borneo might be more appropriate. It is very hard to generalize (Some rare people are wired the opposite of the majority, so they react better to different strains.)
The best thing to do is to purchase a sample variety pack, with some common Green, White, and Red Vein strains and cautiously sample .5 - 1 Tsp, either mixed into orange or grapefruit juice, smoothie, spicy V-8. Wait 40 minutes to see if that was enough. If no results from one teaspoon, add another half tsp. If you get no response from a Bali or RVB, try a half Tsp. of the Maeng Da the next day -- do not keep taking more on the first try. Taking too much will make you nauseous. That is very unpleasant way to start.

Try again the next day. Most people will "get a good response" the first time from a Bali or a Maeng Da (take less of the MD because it is almost twice as strong as the other varieties).

The effects are fairly subtle. If you feel less anxious and/or the depression lifts, let it go at that. Don't try to "see how good you can feel" because -- until you find the right dose -- you don't want to overdo it and get nauseous.

Be careful with the White Vein strains because they can make your anxiety worse. Some people can't take them at all. I like a little bit mixed with a Red or Green Vein strain to give it a little more energy, but I would never take a half Tsp of White by itself.

Generally you should get 4 hrs of relief out of a dose, but you must experiment. Use as little as possible. You may be able to enjoy relief all day from a morning dose -- or you may need to take a little more in 4 or 6 hours. Only you can tell. Err on the side of caution, at first. Better to take too little instead of too much.

For more, read the Beginners Guide to Kratom in the blog section of this Web site. Enjoy!

Here is the link: [url=http://]http://www.ilovekratom.com/kratom-news-blog/42-kratom-basics-for-new-users[/url]
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bombmerr, Laurie, greenboy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by kemppaulh. Reason: wanted to add a link to Beginners' Guide

Antidepressant use of Kratom 5 years 7 months ago #2135

• bombmerr
  • bombmerr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Was hoping I could get some guidance from those using Kratom for depression/anxiety in regards to dosage and number of times a day consumed to alleviate symptoms. Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bombmerr. Reason: mispelling
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds