Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read here before posting. You may find the answer.

TOPIC:

I am Scared -Please Help 4 years 1 month ago #14673

• Count Chocula
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 60

Laurie wrote: I don't use phenibut or recommend it?
Sleep is addicting. LOL
Rest of quote is not mine.

Jeeper quoted me quoting you, along with my response, and his response got tangled up in the quote. That happened to me in one of these threads and it was a little bit of a PITA to manually fix.

Sleep, good sleep, is something that too many people don't get or take for granted. There is a direct link between sleep and depression. Each, or lack thereof, can cause the other. I don't mean a lack of depression either, i'm sure no one's complaining about a shortage of that. I am joking of course. Lack of sleep can cause depression and anxiety, and poor, lack of, low quality sleep can lead to depression, so much so that in some cases it is hard to establish which came first.

I also use the L-Theanine melatonin mix, but not all the time. You don't want your body to get lazy about melatonin production. That's how you F yourself with opioids. The best analogy i've read is "What do you do when the music is too loud? You turn the stereo down. That's exactly what your body does with dopamine, serotonin and endorphins when you're replacing natural pain killers with synthetic, external ones.

You also need to be careful about down-regulating natural gaba with external sources as well. Gaba supplements are typically thought to not pass the blood / brain barrier. Phenibut is an exception. It was developed for Soviet cosmonauts to fight anxiety in space without making them tired and detached. It does exactly that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GOLDA55, AriNoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Count Chocula.

I am Scared -Please Help 4 years 1 month ago #14672

• GOLDA55
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 88
:-h ARINOE, I AM NOW A GRANDMA, WHO WAS ONCE IN YOUR POSITION FROM OPIATE DEPENDENCY AND I HAD TO FINALLY TELL MY HUSBAND. HE WAS VERY SUPPORTIVE AND RATHER THEN MY KIDS SEE ME WITHDRAW I WENT TO A REHAB FACILITY..VERY DIFFICULT, BUT NOW THAT I HAVE FOUND KRATOM, I THINK I AM TERRIFIED OF WITHDRAWAL EVEN THOUGH I KNOW IT WILL BE EASIER THAN OPIATES. I AM AGAIN GOING TO HAVE TO TELL MY HUSBAND AND HAVE HIM HELP. MY CHILDREN ARE GROWN NOW, BUT I HAVE GRANDCHILDREN WHO I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS. PLEASE ASK YOUR HUSBAND FOR HELP, YOU WILL NEED HIM TO TAKE OVER YOUR FAMILY FOR A FEW DAYS..THAT IS WHAT I PLAN TO DO AFTER SEPT. 30. KEEP ME POSTED, GOLDA55

I ALSO WANT TO ADD THAT I STARTED ON OPIATES FOR HERNIATED DISC, THEY WERE THE ONLY WAY TO TAKE CARE OF MY CHILDREN, AND ALSO FOUND THEY HELPED WITH DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY. WHEN I STOPPED TAKING THEM PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY I WAS NEVER THE SAME UNTIL I FOUND KRATOM.

I HAVE BEEN TAKING KRATOM FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS NOW AND IT HELPS WITH ANY PAIN AND DEPRESSION, AND AM VERY UPSET ABOUT WHAT IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN. I HAVE NEVER SIGNED A PETITION IN MY LIFE, BUT I HAVE SIGNED THIS ONE. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO OPIATES, BUT, WITHOUT KRATOM, MY LIFE AS A WIFE, MOTHER, AND GRANDMOTHER WILL CHANGE. :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: AriNoe

Last edit: by GOLDA55. Reason: ADD

I am Scared -Please Help 4 years 1 month ago #14666

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9077
I don't use phenibut or recommend it?
Sleep is addicting. LOL
Rest of quote is not mine.
Laurie

I am Scared -Please Help 4 years 1 month ago #14664

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Thank you. I'm the last to notice how upset I am. First to admit I'm wrong. I'll cool it until I chill. Hope I make it in time, LOL
Laurie

I am Scared -Please Help 4 years 1 month ago #14658

• Jeeper
  • Visitor

Count Chocula wrote:
I have been using phenibut for sleep in a proper rotation for a year and a half, I believe. 500mg before bed Fri, Sat and Sun and I have no problems.

I only use phenibut on the weekends for sleep. I was using the kratom just on weekends for sleep, but now that I have a few different strains I use it pretty regularly for sleep. Getting restful sleep is very addictive

Last edit: by Jeeper. Reason: Fixed

I am Scared -Please Help 4 years 1 month ago #14654

• Count Chocula
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 60

Laurie wrote: ...

Wow, I'm impressed. Quite possibly the most significant edit I've ever seen. I hope I don't sound condescending when I say that it was very mature of you.

Caleb81 wrote: Get anxiolytics. ..Make sure to only use phenibut once every three days. It can be habit forming I guess.

You can use it 3 days in a row; it says right on the container not to exceed 3 days without a 2-3 day wash-out. It stacks, meaning that you are adding to what's already in your system when you take it the following day. That said, I have used it 4 days in a row with no issues. Use it, don't abuse it. 4 days should absolutely help with sleep if you are taking large amounts of kratom and experience significant withdrawals.

If you think Kratom withdrawals suck, search phenibut withdrawals. Month+ long, skin crawling agony. Of course, if you are foolish enough to disregard the warnings for duration and serving size (I read a post where one nut thought it was a good idea to take 5g in a single serving, for 7 days and he wanted to kill himself, despite the fact that he stated that he knew better), there is a price to be paid.

I have been using phenibut for sleep in a proper rotation for a year and a half, I believe. 500mg before bed Fri, Sat and Sun and I have no problems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, AriNoe

Last edit: by Count Chocula.

I am Scared -Please Help 4 years 1 month ago #14611

• slightedge
  • Visitor
I agree with what you said about the depression of losing Kratom. It really feels like someone had died or someone is about to die . Definitely overwhelming. This 30 day notice is just cruel.
It's never to come back to the United States? I have a feeling people will keep fighting for the ban to be lifted.

Later down the road I will be taking a trip to Amsterdam and instead of going to a weed house, guess where I will be? at the Kratom coffee house somewhere in Amsterdam.. I already checked it out on Yelp and they know how to do it.

This is probably the only time I will be ever to take it again for old time sakes.

Last edit: by slightedge.

I am Scared -Please Help 4 years 1 month ago #14566

• Cori177
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 128
Just my personal input, I personally use Melatonin for sleep. I take chewable or time release. You get it wherever vitamins are sold, or Amazon, for under 10 bucks. It really helps, kicks in fast, and it's cheap. It also gives a little relaxed residual feeling upon waking up.
I hate Tylenol PM and such, makes me feel like crap.

I am Scared -Please Help 4 years 1 month ago #14564

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
I use l-theanine with melatonin for sleep. After these other herbs. Ashwaganda goes well with gaba also (spellcheck is off).
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cori177, madmaxnightrider

I am Scared -Please Help 4 years 1 month ago #14549

• Caleb81
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Get anxiolytics. L-theanine from green tea and phenibut (GABA analogue) are what I use. You can buy both online. Make sure to only use phenibut once every three days. It can be habit forming I guess. Taper down too. Slow taper. Nice and easy. You can do it. This whole thing is just sad. Taper down, get some anxiolytics, help others.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds