Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read here before posting. You may find the answer.

TOPIC:

I am Scared -Please Help 4 years 1 month ago #14534

• Count Chocula
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 60

levonne90@gmail.com wrote: So maybe the kava would calm you down enough..

Levonne is absolutely right; kava helps considerably and will help with sleep as well. As he's mentioned before, you may need to build a reverse tolerance to it, meaning that it may not work right away. There are different types as well (Which is it's own research project; Noble vs Tuday etc), but I also recommend the Pharmacy Drop Out. Their Valerian Root is also top shelf. Look into Passion Flower, Chamomile and there's one more I can't think of. Magnesium (citrate, I think) will help with sleep and anxiety also, and is a known kratom potentiator, which will help you take less as you taper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I am Scared -Please Help 4 years 1 month ago #14533

• levonne90@gmail.com
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 343
Also no offense meant your anxiety, might be making the days you don't take kratom worse for you. I no a few people that take kratom daily, and none of them have that kind off problem to that extent, when they don't take kratom, myself included. All I have noticed for myself even with several days off krarom is lack of energy a little when I start my day but the feel fine once I get moving.

So maybe the kava would calm you down enough that you might notice things aren't as bad when you dont take kratom.

Again no offense meant, just my personal opinion.
Be not afraid of growing slowly, Be afraid only of standing still.

I am Scared -Please Help 4 years 1 month ago #14532

• levonne90@gmail.com
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 343
Cori has said some good ideals, and count chocolate has some valid points. I would also like to add that if u r experiencing withdrawals like that, you are probably taking too mu cheaper to begin with. Just my opinion no offense meant.

For depression and anxiety kava really does work wonders, I already take kava but probably will regularly if this ban goes through, it will make u very calm and relaxed with a mood lift, but little to no energy from it for me. Pharmacy drop out sells a very nice kavaextract that you can just mix with liquid and drink.

There are more natural herbs for energy as well you could look into maybe, I am working on a list of those, but here are a few, ginseng, Macha tea (mis spelled I think) and coffee, and a few more I am not familiar with.

For now all you can really do is try to get ready for the worst in case of a ban like Cori said. Stem and vein is good for switching from kratom then taper from the stem and vein if needed but I would think a week of stem and vein would probably be enough to make things alot easier for u. Ohio botanical on Facebook carris a noce cheap stem and vein which is what I use for breaks.

I hope things go well for you. :)
Be not afraid of growing slowly, Be afraid only of standing still.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cori177, Count Chocula

Last edit: by levonne90@gmail.com.

I am Scared -Please Help 4 years 1 month ago #14528

• Count Chocula
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 60

AriNoe wrote: So your saying ...

I would suggest dismissing most, if not all, of what she said. I do not feel that it is healthy, helpful, or quite frankly, entirely rational.

Instead, look at what Cori is suggesting. The absolute best thing that you can do, to the best of your ability, is PREPARE. I do not have children, I can only imagine how difficult what you're facing is. I can say that I know first-hand how completely debilitating depression is.

Do as much research as you can and prepare yourself with that knowledge. There are a number of things that can help ease the process both mentally and physically. Supplements, and some other things are huge, I speak from experience. I'm not going to go through it here, but the information is easy to find. Start by tapering if you have been taking large amounts. It is best to stick with one type, a slow strain, as effectively tapering using rotation is less predictable.

I speak from experience. I chose to take a break for 6 months or so, and there's a reason I still have kratom that's at least a year old in cupboard.

DO NOT "give big pharma what it wants". That is incredibly irresponsible advice and is tantamount to telling you to voluntarily hop on board a slave ship.

Take a look at things like Sam-E (kinda expensive, I have no experience with it) it has helped a number of people with depression. DLPA can make a huge difference, it did for me. This is just a start, as I can tell you what worked for me for sleep, depression and physical withdrawals from opioid pain meds. You will basically need to apply your kratom budget to the supplements and so forth. Also, it is best to start "front loading" with them. That is, taking them while you are tapering.

I hope this helps. There is a support group and wiki on Reddit that you may find useful. I did.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cori177

I am Scared -Please Help 4 years 1 month ago #14526

• Cori177
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 128
Hi Arie

I'm sure countless people are experiencing your feelings off sadness/loss with the ban. Like me, I had success in getting off all opiates with kratom and am now wondering what or how I'll deal with anxiety and depression /life without it, other than go to a doctor and get on meds, which I don't want. You mentioned withdrawal, it sounds like you were taking a lot of kratom daily (an ounce?). Like maybe way too much, if you're experiencing those feelings when having 'off' days of kratom.
The only real, at-home thing you can do to prepare for this is :
- get/order what you can now, as time is short.
- Then, (before you touch the order), a suggestion: Really talk to yourself and be real and ask, do I really need what I've been taking (the amount I mean)??, and how often? Things only you know about your kratom routine.
- And then sit down and write out a serious, no-BS taper schedule. I don't know what you're taking kratom for and how often, but a slow taper is A great way To change a daily habit successfully for some people. I've also found that I need a lot less than i 'think' I need. The 'less is more' w kratom really applies, at least to me.
Years ago I quit suboxone (which has a very long WD time) w a gradual taper (and the help of kratom) and now I'm going to have to do it w kratom, but it will be a thousand times easier than an opiate. Please look online into 'how to taper off of something' , so you can start your planning now. The whole point of a taper is to not be shocked and freak out by a sudden change, but to gradually get used to feeling yourself without anything. (As you know I'm sure.) don't panic. stretch out what you have left and stick to your schedule. There might be a little discomfort, but that's Part of changing.
As for how to deal with your life without kratom, That's a personal journey. I personally don't know how I will deal. I have other herbal things available to me which might help with anxiety, but that might not be an option for you.
I have a SMART recovery workbook (look them up online), that helps people deal with life once they give up something. It's not a replacement for therapy or a psychologist or doctor or counselor, but it's very helpful.
About having to completely quit kratom by the ban on the 30th, you don't have to, just take your inventory, make your taper schedule longer if need be, and see how you feel. That's my opinion. I'm aware it's supposed to be illegal to possess after the ban but you can figure out what's right for you.

Good luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: GOLDA55

Last edit: by Cori177. Reason: Added last sentence

I am Scared -Please Help 4 years 1 month ago #14523

• AriNoe
  • AriNoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
So your saying a depressed parent with no energy doesn't affect raising kids?

So your saying some one with chronic pain and depression deserves to be that way their whole life?

Thanks- but my kids would rather I feel well enough to go play with them in the park- than for me to be in bed all day and they are in front of a tv

I would appreciate that you say something that is more supportive- obviously you have not experienced chronic pain, severe depression or the demands of working full time- with kids- with no family support. v
The following user(s) said Thank You: pinkgranite

I am Scared -Please Help 4 years 1 month ago #14520

• lerellen
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 249
I'm buying some stem and vein, which I will use to detach mentally from kratom before I face withdrawal completely. I don't thing I will have much problem withdrawing; I can go for 2 days without it {i haven't gone longer than that,so I hope so anyway). The depression from losing kratom is overwhelming to contemplate for me.
I'm in the denial state of grief right now! Good luck, AriNoe.

Laura

Last edit: by lerellen. Reason: misspelling

I am Scared -Please Help 4 years 1 month ago #14516

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9077
:sick: :sick:
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Count Chocula

Last edit: by Laurie. Reason: Sorry

I am Scared -Please Help 4 years 1 month ago #14513

• AriNoe
  • AriNoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hello I am new to this forum.

I just learned yesterday about the ban on Kratom. I have been using Kratom daily, multiple times a day, for the past year for depression, energy and pain. I have two very energetic young children and no other family in the area other than my husband.

When I went to Minnesota recently - I ran out of my Kratom stash on my way back- I went through 24 hours without any. It was terrible- I couldnt sleep at all- I was hot and cold, nauseous, stomach pains, physical pain, severe depression and anxiety. I know it was withdrawals.

I really dont want to stop taking Kratom- and know that my quality of life will decrease dramatically. Anyone who has small children knows you cant exactly take 2-3 days off of "life" to go through withdrawals.

But because of the upcoming ban I am going to have to stop.

My questions are if I have been taking a ounce (sometimes a little more) of kratom a day- will I be able to taper by September 30th and not go severe withdrawals.

Any Advice?

Also will purchasing Kratom online cease on the ban date? Will there be any way to purchase Kratom? Like I know technically ephedra is banned- but you can still purchase it online.

Please help!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, pinkgranite

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds