Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read here before posting. You may find the answer.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help! Can i bring on plane? 3 years 3 months ago #19681

• Kratos
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I flew from Palm Springs to New York last month, and my bag was flagged. I had about a half a kilo in the front pouch.

I expected the TSA agent would at least ask about it. The reason the bag was flagged was due to a bottle of Gold Bond facial cream. The TSA agent removed it and explained it was over 3 oz, thus prohibited on the plain. He offered me an opportunity to place it in my checked bag. I told him to throw it away.

He never said one word about the Kratom! :-bd
The following user(s) said Thank You: bomalley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Kratos.

Help! Can i bring on plane? 3 years 9 months ago #15791

• Count Chocula
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 60
You're welcome. I understand your dilemma, believe me. Here is a rule of thumb that I apply: "Google everything". Seriously. People can search for shoes and new hats, but never stop to think of Googling everyday things, and as they say, millions of heads are better than one. That said, I'd search "are dogs trained to find kratom" and a few variations, including "Dubai". Use an anonymous browser, like Inbrowser, and begin your search from "Startpage", these will allow for anonymity (to the extent that you'll need it, anyway).

I take tons of supplements, and I'm assuming you mean "capsule" and not "pill". A capsule of Kratom is visually indistinguishable from many other capsules. I travel with a pile of stuff, including capsules of Chamomile, Lemon Balm etc. So, it will certainly look better if you have a variety of supplements, if anyone looks at all. If you rotate, you can use different bottles for different strains. You may consider putting it loose in an "essential greens" container as well.

I don't know if dogs can smell kratom, if I were to offer an intelligent guess, I would say "probably not". I would imagine that they'd be all over capsules full of cocaine and meth, and certainly cannabis. I doubt they immediately began training their dogs to sniff out kratom, but again, I do not know for certain.

Here is a good place to take a peek, as the reddit kratom community is quite active, unlike this forum. I searched this from Startpage, Inbrowser is for iOS and Android, I just realized, but you get the idea:

www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comments/56b5aj/kratom_at_the_airport/

Help! Can i bring on plane? 3 years 9 months ago #15786

• sweetgirlinsb
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for your reply. I actually do need it. This is not a recreational thing for me. I have Lyme and am in a lot of pain, Kratom is the only thing that works for me. I made some capsules and put them in a couple of supplement bottles. My question is how wild they even know it is Kratom? It doesn't have a disctintve smell and the capsules look like the ones that were in the bottles.

Help! Can i bring on plane? 3 years 9 months ago #15785

• Count Chocula
  • Expert Boarder

sweetgirlinsb wrote: I am flying to Dubai next week and wanted to take it with me in pill form, and putting them in a supplement bottle. It was just put on the list of illegal substances in June 2015. I am not sure about drug sniffing dogs for this either

Wanted to, or "need" to? Like, what's your trip going to be like without it? If you can live without it, leave it behind.

I would recommend putting it in your checked luggage and hoping that it doesn't get lost, which would be the least of your worries versus getting caught.

I would also advise against it being the only "supplement" you bring, if you choose to go that route. I say these things ONLY if you are going to suffer without it.

The clear answer, if you are in fact asking the question, is that you already know the answer. You would be smuggling drugs, by definition. Does that seem like a good idea and worth the risk?

...and I just saw the date on this post. Hope you had a safe and uneventful flight..

Help! Can i bring on plane? 3 years 9 months ago #15701

• sweetgirlinsb
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am flying to Dubai next week and wanted to take it with me in pill form, and putting them in a supplement bottle. It was just put on the list of illegal substances in June 2015. I am not sure about drug sniffing dogs for this either

Help! Can i bring on plane? 3 years 10 months ago #15449

• KratomKing
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Just put it in the suitcase.. the dogs won't be sniffing for it? It's not illegal. If you go through an illegal state, don't bring it!

Help! Can i bring on plane? 3 years 10 months ago #15444

• Count Chocula
  • Expert Boarder
I think you should be asking the obvious questions, starting with "Are they over 3oz?", given that they're liquid. If so, no.

Then, is kratom illegal in any place that that plane of yours will land? Did you check legality in Aruba?

If there's a layover in say, Indiana (solely for the purpose of example) you're breaking the law, although the layover component would be the least of my worries, especially for checked baggage.

That said, I've had security open my bag to question all sorts of stupid nonsense, and not once has an eyebrow been raised, nor have I been asked about the variety of green powders with exotic names that I'm carrying.

Have a safe flight, I hope this helps.

Help! Can i bring on plane? 3 years 10 months ago #15439

• Kratomgirl888
  • Kratomgirl888's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Can i bring the liquid kratom extract shots on the plane from NJ to Aruba?

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds