07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Read here before posting. You may find the answer.
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Withdrawl

Withdrawl 2 years 2 weeks ago #20737

• Wilderoots777
  • Wilderoots777's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello, I am new to this forum , besides trolling for answers I have never posted any forums . I have beem on a prescription pain killer for 8 years for chronic issues. I decided enough was enough but was so afraid of WD's. I have been off Morphine er for 4 months and now off of 10 mgs of percocet for 3 weeks. I started kratom before I took my last pill. I got up to 12 grams of Kratom and it definitely helped me avoid the agony of withdrawl. There is the back story. The now story, I decided to stop the kratom and see what was really going on. Well Hellz bells! I was sicker than a dog. I did not wean at all. My question is were the withdrawals from the opiates because of the suppression with Kratom or was it the kratom itself. It had been 2 days of hell and I was tired of feeling sick and tired so I just took 3 grams. Kicked in really fast, Thank the plastic jesus! Am I going to go through another withdrawal? Did the Kratom just save all my WD from opiates until I decided to stop the kratom? It sure is a miracle, but I don't want to screw up and be sick again. Any suggestions or info about my questions would be very much appreciated. Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, rickter58, Teeswaran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Withdrawl 2 years 2 weeks ago #20739

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 171
Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll get a more knowledgeable answer soon, but I have read many people say they have no problem when they taper kratom. Hope you soon get some better info from experienced people. =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Wilderoots777, Teeswaran

Withdrawl 2 years 2 weeks ago #20761

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3558

Wilderoots777 wrote: My question is were the withdrawals from the opiates because of the suppression with Kratom or was it the kratom itself.

It sure is a miracle, but I don't want to screw up and be sick again. Any suggestions or info about my questions would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Kratom is a opioid agonist...this means that the alkaloids in Kratom settle onto the opioid receptors on your brain cells where narcotics act. Keeping these opiod receptors full is what prevents the withdrawal symptoms.

So the BAD NEWS is ...YES...you may have just delayed the withdrawal from the opiate by plugging up those receptors with Kratom. You mention that you had only been off the Percocet for 3 weeks, so your body has not had enough time to reset, which is why suddenly stopping the Kratom felt more like opioid withdrawal

GOOD NEWS is:
  • you will feel MUCH better on Kratom in the long term, than opiates. It does not mess up hormone levels or other things that narcotics do...it does however, still cause constipation so look after that.
  • you can manage a taper much more easily with Kratom, decreasing by only a few milligrams per day over as long period as you want.
  • you are in control
  • your body will gradually adjust and reset its tolerance over time, (3 weeks was not enough) so that when you do decrease the Kratom it is much more manageable than withdrawal from opiates, and as Jasmin has indicated many people report coming off Kratom when they want to is quite manageable.

Will be interested in what other forum members have to contribute on this one.
BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, StarWarsForce, Wilderoots777, LaRocca, Teeswaran

Withdrawl 2 years 2 weeks ago #20827

• Tossnwash
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
I've never stopped taking kratom.....I've run out for a few days before, and you're right, there definitely is a withdrawal. The good news is it is usually much milder than real opiates, and shorter duration. By the third day I'm back to normal, not three weeks or three months like pharmaceuticals. Good luck, you'll do fine!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, bomalley, Wilderoots777, LaRocca, Teeswaran, Skisouthtahoe

Withdrawl 1 year 8 months ago #23428

• GUNNER12R
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
I've been through a ultra rapid detox before so I know more than I wish I knew about withdraws and the half life of opioids. The opioids are all 100% out of your system within 48 to 72 hours unless you are on suboxone and that one last day's longer. So the feelings you got were likely from the cold turkey from kratom. After years of taking time release morphine even if I have to take kratom every day from now on its millions of times better than the alternative. Unless you been trapped in that type of situation I suspect that may sound difficult to understand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, bomalley, Wilderoots777, Teeswaran

Withdrawl 1 year 7 months ago #23628

• dayturnsnight
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 201
IDK, I stop taking kratom when Im not in pain. Sometimes weeks at a time. If you are on opiates a long time PAWS can actually last for over year. I dont get withdrawals when stopping kratom 8-9 months off of opiates, and never have. I do notice without kratom I hurt more, but those with chronic conditions will of course feel it.
All I ever wanted was to pick apart the day, put the pieces back together my way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, bomalley, Wilderoots777, Stevie, Teeswaran

Withdrawl 1 year 7 months ago #23639

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3558

GUNNER12R wrote: I've been through a ultra rapid detox before so I know more than I wish I knew about withdraws and the half life of opioids. The opioids are all 100% out of your system within 48 to 72 hours unless you are on suboxone and that one last day's longer. So the feelings you got were likely from the cold turkey from kratom. After years of taking time release morphine even if I have to take kratom every day from now on its millions of times better than the alternative. Unless you been trapped in that type of situation I suspect that may sound difficult to understand.

You are right the opiate is out of your system within 72 hours but it takes longer, MUCH longer for your body to reset its receptor sensitivity so that a lower dose of an opiate will work for you.

I still have opiate tolerance...even though I have been on Kratom and off opiates for almost a year (no regular opiate use) on the rare occasion I have to take Tylenol #3, I need 2 to get any pain relief at all. However, when I stopped opiates even 2 would not work for me so my body has reset, somewhat.

What I am wondering now is does ... the body EVER reset while you are using Kratom? I mean if I broke a bone or had to have a major surgery now, and they gave me morphine...I don't think it would work because of my Kratom use.

Doe anyone have any experience or maybe some knowledge about this?

Aside******
We are having 8 adults and 6 kids 9yrs and under for Xmas dinner Dec 25. (4 will be under 4yrs of age)

Boxing Day is a big day in Canada too and a big open house for the annual OMalley rally is hosted at our house as we are the only ones with a place big enough to host everyone...honestly it is an exhausting 3 day festival here. It really is way too much for the little ones (and this big one!)

I hope I survive!

Hopefully we can pick up this discussion following the big day.

Merry Christmas to all!
BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Teeswaran

Withdrawl 1 year 7 months ago #23643

• GUNNER12R
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
I wish I knew a definite answer to your question. I will however tell you what I think I know. Notice I said (think I know) it's my understanding that Kratom memics the missing brain chemistry that prolonged opiate use has caused our brains to stop producing. Look up a man on YouTube named Mike Harris (Beaufort Kratom)Mike is the man responsible for saving thousands of lives through those 3 videos he put there explaining so elegantly and honestly how opiates keep influencing your brain long after you manage to finally detox from whatever form of opioid you've been doing chained to. Mike explains this in a very understandable way BASED ON HIS OWN LIFE EXPERIENCES AND HUNDREDS MORE FROM PEOPLE HE'S HELP WITH KRATOM..

My wife is Canadian I'm well aware of boxing day. I never heard it called that before meeting her and her family.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, bomalley, Teeswaran

Withdrawl 1 year 7 months ago #23961

• Stevie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
So happy you mentioned PAWS, and yes it can last for up to a year, I know because I experienced this after coming off of Ativan and Klonopin. Even though benzos/narcotics are out of a person's system in 48-72 hours, the effects they have on the dopamine in the brain etc. can last for a very long time!! It takes time for the brain to reset, however being patient is key, because yes, it does happen :)
Steffi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Wilderoots777, dayturnsnight, Teeswaran

Withdrawl 1 year 7 months ago #23981

• dayturnsnight
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 201
So many people forget about that pesky PAWS and tend to blame kratom when its just your brain still not having reset yet. Like you said patiences is key.

Now as far as morphine etc working for surgery yes it will work fine. While I havent taken oxycontin or lortab in 9 months, last month I found one I put away for emergency pain. I had a teeth snap in half and because I grind my teeth the mollars ripped apart my gum and I woke up to a mouthful of blood and the worst throbbing pain ever. I have notice kratom doesnt work amazing for dental pain (turmeric is much better for that) however turmeric may have blood thinning properties and I was already bleeding badly and anemic. Not to mention I couldnt handle too much cold on my tooth/nerve. So i took a lortab 7.5/325 not only did it work for the pain but I actually felt an opiate buzz. (im sensative to pills though , half of a 7.5 gave me an opiate buzz back when I first started. to think, 8 years later 100 mg plus of oc offered no real buzz just normalcy. which was fine I truly hate feeling "buzzed" I just want relief) So I would say if you dose kratom moderately like I do (3g once or twice a day) it would cause no real opiate tolerance.
All I ever wanted was to pick apart the day, put the pieces back together my way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Teeswaran

Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds