Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read here before posting. You may find the answer.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Question on blending 3 years 1 month ago #21772

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3793

Mycalling wrote:

bomalley wrote: I think the main thread about blending was putting different strains together into a jar for long term storage.

It was, I asked to hear what everyone’s favorite blend was to tho. This topic has sparked my interest in trying a white/red blend. So would you say a white strains is like drinking a cup of coffee type energy, like to much could leave you jittery?

You are right...after I re-read I realized I responded much too quickly!

I find whites CAN make you jittery if you take too much...BUT unlike caffeine I do not come crashing down after it wears off. It takes a while to get the dose just right for your tolerance.

My recent blend was a White Sumatra and Green Malay not White Borneo as I originally posted. I took it again this am and was able to spend a few hours in the kitchen before my back needed a rest. So definitely a new discovery for me in my Kratom experiments.
However, I think my use of this blend will not be frequent as I really did not find it helpful for pain relief, BUT at least I will want to keep a few samples on hand for times like this ie recovering from a virus.
BEV

"Fewer faces and more spaces"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Jennluv, Mycalling, Teeswaran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Question on blending 3 years 1 month ago #21770

• Jennluv
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 145
Cool. I feel the same way with whites, but I am finding a good base white goes,well with the Malay type green.. I like the dark green strands . White Vietnam I get from the herbal cafe blends awesome to me as well
I would think a green Bali and white indo would mix well, just saying . I might try that
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Question on blending 3 years 1 month ago #21762

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9127
Yes, maybe (likely). Some people have opposite results and find whites mellowing. But GENERALLY, yes. Too much will aggravate anxiety and ruin the good part, so use sparingly while trying it. BoMalley is almost exclusively a red vein woman, but I do believe she will pop in here to say, "yes" also. No two whites are the same. Trial and error. Enjoy the experiment!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teeswaran

Question on blending 3 years 2 months ago #21759

• Mycalling
  • Mycalling's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19

bomalley wrote: I think the main thread about blending was putting different strains together into a jar for long term storage.

It was, I asked to hear what everyone’s favorite blend was to tho. This topic has sparked my interest in trying a white/red blend. So would you say a white strains is like drinking a cup of coffee type energy, like to much could leave you jittery?

Last edit: by Mycalling.

Question on blending 3 years 2 months ago #21756

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 1152
I've noticed that some White strains are mellower than others. Sumatran White Vein is very mellow for me, as are White Horn varieties (usually, but there may be exceptions to the rule there).

I use White Veins very sparingly, just the tip of the tsp is enough for me. They have their place, depending on one's metabolism and needs at the moment.
;)

Question on blending 3 years 2 months ago #21754

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
So I did a Green Malay and White Borneo mix...my usual dose of 4Gm (2each) and it WORKED!

The result?...a new batch of my famous Gluten Free Beet Brownies.

I will try again tomorrow morning and see if I can grab onto a bit more stamina to get through the early part of the day before fizzling out.

The nice part was I did not feel artificially stimulated at all AND there was no crash as it wore off. I crash terribly if I use caffeine, but not with Kratom.

I haven't used a white strain since my early days of Kratom exploration and I had a bad reaction, so I was a bit nervous but pleasantly surprised.
BEV

Question on blending 3 years 2 months ago #21752

• gmantheman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 864
Green malay is just the most popular but there is red and white malay. I have all three collors from the same vendor. The green malay is actually good to blend with the white or red.

Question on blending 3 years 2 months ago #21749

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
I think the main thread about blending was putting different strains together into a jar for long term storage.
I prefer to keep the strains separated for storage and then blend when I go to use it.

Was that a Green Malay and White Borneo mix? I am just getting to know the green strains so am not familiar if all Malays are green or not. I have some small samples of both so might try it today. willing to try ANYTHING to get me up off the couch and motivated to be productive!
BEV

Last edit: by bomalley.

Question on blending 3 years 2 months ago #21748

• Jennluv
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 145
I recently tried super Malay and white. Borneo, mixed well

Question on blending 3 years 2 months ago #21743

• Mycalling
  • Mycalling's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Thanks for the information guys. I’ll keep this all in mind. I have been trying different combinations, with reds, with much success so I’ll just keep it that way. Haven’t tried a red and green yet so I’ll give that ago in a few days. So what is some of your guys favorite blends?

Last edit: by Mycalling.
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds