Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read here before posting. You may find the answer.

TOPIC:

Mixing Kratom and coffee? 2 years 9 months ago #25295

• roadieratonga
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 655
I remember when my gf was in the hospital , I would pour a cup of that watered down coffee they serve , put in some creamer then take out my 3-4g glass vial of kratom I keep in my coin pocket and pour it in and mix it up. Gave the coffe zingy bolder taste. Worked pretty well except for the sparkly green smile lol. I guess you could tell em it's mint if they ask, then again they may be like, "hey, can I try some". :huh:
I honestly don't notice much of a difference with the coffee kratom combo as far as effect goes.
“We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, johnnybee22

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mixing Kratom and coffee? 2 years 9 months ago #25292

• johnnybee22
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 58

Laurie wrote: Hi Johnnybee22. What I meant was, if you do drip coffee (not using a coffee pot), mix the kratom with the coffee DOING IT THAT WAY you cannot taste the kratom. I make some about once a week. Making drip coffee is not ideal for those in a hurry! So what you do THEN is refrigerate the unused portion for later use. Hope this makes sense for you.

Ahhh I gotcha, that sounds interesting and something I will look into. I am in a hurry in the morning as I wake up around 6am and need to be at work by 7... even though it's only a 10min commute that early with little traffic, regardless, time flies in the morning hehe.

That sounds like a really good idea, even though it's legal it never looks "good" at work downing a handful of pills, I have always been a capsule guy, but hate that it costs so much more to buy them pre-capped off Vendors. Creating a drink that I could carry around throughout the day seems like a really great idea, or I can always break out the capsule maker I have, I've still got so many bags of empty caps as I used to sit for like 2-3 hours and make 24 at a time lol... but they go fast... and it's time consuming :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, roadieratonga

Mixing Kratom and coffee? 2 years 9 months ago #25289

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9127
Hi Johnnybee22. What I meant was, if you do drip coffee (not using a coffee pot), mix the kratom with the coffee DOING IT THAT WAY you cannot taste the kratom. I make some about once a week. Making drip coffee is not ideal for those in a hurry! So what you do THEN is refrigerate the unused portion for later use. Hope this makes sense for you.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: roadieratonga

Mixing Kratom and coffee? 2 years 9 months ago #25288

• johnnybee22
  • Expert Boarder

Thefrogshateme wrote: I mix it with energy drinks or coffee. I noticed it helps with fatigue better, but if you drink another coffee or energy drink prepare for the nervousness. Just stick with one.

Yes I know that feeling! lol. I was kinda hoping for something maybe not caffinetated that would work, but seems anything good to drink generally is, and I don't think Kratom would have a nice taste mixed with water or milk... I have tried chocolate milk drunks which are good, but still get the clumpyness left in the glass which I eventually wind up t&w's anyway, nothing shall go to waste! hehe

Mixing Kratom and coffee? 2 years 9 months ago #25284

• Thefrogshateme
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 686
I mix it with energy drinks or coffee. I noticed it helps with fatigue better, but if you drink another coffee or energy drink prepare for the nervousness. Just stick with one.

Mixing Kratom and coffee? 2 years 9 months ago #25281

• johnnybee22
  • Expert Boarder
Hehe yeah I was doing t&w but the taste is harsh ugh, but I guess smaller amounts are the best route... I was considering mixing some powder into my blender with some coffee, as I enjoy iced coffee as well, and have also considered making protein shakes or "veggie" shakes, those green healthy drinks that people say taste nasty, I personally enjoy the taste of those drinks.. but I've never tried dripping the kratom into the blender, was afraid it would just chunk and lump up... I think I'll try dripping into the coffee, or find a smaller spoon hehe. Thanks!

Mixing Kratom and coffee? 2 years 9 months ago #25279

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
After much practice, I now t&w without mixing it directly into the coffee. Or drip method using both works well.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnnybee22, roadieratonga

Mixing Kratom and coffee? 2 years 9 months ago #25278

• johnnybee22
  • Expert Boarder
That sounds pretty lame, maybe you can Thermos up and hide it like suggested... I vape a lot at work, 3mg Loaded juice... I started my new job back in October, and since it's the beginning of the new years, well now Feb.. I was asked to take a drug test... I smoke marijuana, heck it's going to be legal here in 2-3 months as our new Governor is working on legalizing.. so now I can't vape/smoke for a few weeks as I need to pass a test. Really lame considering I've been there almost half a year and never heard anything about drug tests. They say it's for "insurance" reasons, I understand as we are service technicians and work on sites and locations... my employer is really cool though I was honest with them about the green and they said lets reschedule and you can go in a few weeks. I'll give them it this one time, but after legalization and the flood gates open in NJ.. which will honestly be a good thing versus the Opiate epidemic... I've tried to educate individuals on Kratom who complain about pain and aches, as we are technically a construction company, but everyone is scared of it. I don't know how to educate individuals that are scared of everything they have never heard of, and I don't care or have the time.. just sad watching them pop pills and be able to pass their drug tests by laying off for 3-4 days before they go to the lab, and the alcoholics are crashing our vehicles on a weekly basis as we have roughly 35 vehicles, and roughly 5 are in the shop because of accidents.

As for the Coffee Mixture, I am getting tired of buying capsules as they are always more expensive, I love Coffee, but every time I mix my kratom with coffee it just lumps up and gets cakey/doughie.... how do you go about it, what's the best way? I'm stupid I guess lol, silly question but just wondering...

Mixing Kratom and coffee? 2 years 10 months ago #24290

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
I handle this the same way as recommended here. For one thing, you can’t fix ignorance. But I think your boss is more concerned with APPEARANCES. For example, I vape ecigs. I’ve been to a zillion places that don’t allow smoking. I’m not smoking! It’s water vapor! It’s raining, etc. I just don’t vape in front of people because it APPEARS as tho I’m smoking, and that appearance is how I’m judged. Nobody wants an education on vaping versus cigarettes. Just seeing me vape FREAKS PEOPLE OUT.

Stigma and ignorant judgement are alive and well in the world...

Too bad. Don’t get caught and if asked, say you quit because the job is too valuable. May as well put frosting on that cake!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: cybin_spores, roadieratonga

Mixing Kratom and coffee? 2 years 10 months ago #24282

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3793

roadieratonga wrote: Your boss has every right to tell you what you can do and cannot do on the clock and off especially if you signed a code of conduct contract.

Actually roadie this might not be true...depending on where you live I guess and whether or not there are laws that protect workers. Legislation certainly protects workers in Canada...unions do so in many situations too. especially the public sector.

An employer has the right to direct you in your work , they MAY have certain dress code requirements that are enforceable BUT only if they are reasonable. Eg....Here the requirement for women to wear high heels as part of the dress code in restaurants was struck down based on health and safety requirements and human rights (it is directed at women only NOT men). Drug testing is almost unheard of in Canada, unless for reasons of health and safety (certain jobs such as airline pilots or railway workers may be required to test) but certainly it is NOT very common. Legally I think the issue is impairment NOT consumption.

An employer cannot direct you to do your job badly, illegally, or unsafely either.

So directing you what to eat and drink MAY be over reaching on the part of the employer. As the regulatory framework around Kratom changes in the coming years it will be interesting to see how this affects the labor landscape in the future.

BUT I am sure the original poster does not want to be the legal test case for this issue.

Anyway roadie....I think you and I could have some good conversations about some of these social justice issues. Your comment about dictatorships still reigning in the workplace in the US may just be true!

In Canada though not so much. Sadly too many employees are not aware of their rights and allow employers to run roughshod over them.

Late edit:

I am NOT a lawyer, BUT I do like to act like one every now and then!
BEV

"Fewer faces and more spaces"

Last edit: by bomalley.
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds