08 Dec 2012
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND...
A few months ago we asked some of the Approved Vendors to offer some discounts to our community. A lot of them graciously did. We have been asked to bring those discounts back. The following vendors would like to share the love for this forum with you. I know we all appreciate it.
Read More...
Read here before posting. You may find the answer.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Mixing Kratom and coffee?

Mixing Kratom and coffee? 7 months 1 week ago #25300

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 2244
When I first started this journey, I carried pre-mixed water bottles with kratom already mixed in. Drank those in front of folks and if they asked, it was herbs my dr recommended. Worked fine with little tooth flossers I kept in my pocket (to get the remaining stuff on my teeth).
Sounds like you’re doing fine already :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: roadieratonga

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Laurie

Mixing Kratom and coffee? 7 months 1 week ago #25313

• johnnybee22
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 58
Hehe.... I totally forgot that I remember ginger-ale was like the best to chase the t&w with... I got a couple cases of iced tea bottles, I'm going to start mixing them in, since you can't see through the wrappers either, I'll just leave them in my car and take 1-2 into work everyday. I'll have to remember some floss :o
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, roadieratonga

Mixing Kratom and coffee? 7 months 1 week ago #25317

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Just be careful not to premix too many that aren’t being refrigerated. They go bad. Especially in a hot car. In which case I can still dump the product into the bottle from a mini pill bottle in my purse of dry powder pre-mixed for what I would want in an emergency. Take powder and juice bottle in rest room. Mix, shake n go! And the little flossers are great for dental visits as well as kratom hygiene :-D

Edit: Dollar Stores often carry the flossers
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnnybee22

Laurie
Last edit: by Laurie.

Mixing Kratom and coffee? 7 months 1 week ago #25324

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2789
I use really small plastic containers from the craft section of the dollar store to transport measured amounts of dry Kratom powder...WAY better that small plastic zip bags (also available in craft section).
These hard plastic containers also hold the Kratom powder that I take to my mother on a weekly basis...all measured out so she does not have to fuss with anything.

I use small food storage containers (for freezing jam) for mixed potions. I mix my morning dose at night and leave it at the bedside for morning ...if you let it sit all night it does not need to be stirred or shaken...a few swirls gets it mixed up and ready for consumption. (I like to have a container with a lid at the bedside because in the dark, accidents do happen!)

When I first started this journey, I carried pre-mixed water bottles with kratom already mixed in. Drank those in front of folks and if they asked, it was herbs my dr recommended.

I am very fortunate not to have to work anymore BUT if I did I think this is what I would do too. I am pretty sure in my workplace (open office concept) NOBODY would have even noticed or really cared.

... it's honestly none of their damned business to begin with

YUP!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, johnnybee22

BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
Last edit: by bomalley.

Mixing Kratom and coffee? 7 months 4 days ago #25442

• johnnybee22
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
I'm going to checkout the Dollar Store later tonight. I have so much powder, several large bags of different blends/strains never opened.. I really stocked up before the DEA scare a few years ago, I remember that October.. and thankfully the Ban never went through. I hope it's still good, I had it stored in the garage, which is pretty cool, but a times can become hot if someone leave the garage door open... I hope it didn't all go bad.

I've ordered a lot more powder on it's way.. and ordered a 000 capsule filler, I prefer the capsules for work as I mentioned above.. just kind of easier to grab my lunch/backpack with my tiny tools and stuff and my old "multi-vitamin" bottle.

The prices for straight powder are great, especially for large amounts... but the same amounts in capsule form from the same sellers are 2x the price! I can understand that the sitting around as I have done with my old capsule filler is a pain, time consuming, and messy, but noway worth 2x the price for the same amount of product.. and who knows if those caps are being "Tar'd" on the scales... So buying powder is financially better all around.. and I don't mind the time as I sprung for a 100 cap at a time filler... it was about $40 and then got 300 empty caps for about $15sh.

My Vapor shop sells that nonsense liquid kratom, I haven't tried it... they are expensive, as much as I love them and their prices, I am always iffy about the smoke/vape shop stuff. I did grab a few bags of their capsules and they were pretty good, and the price is roughly the same as most online websites.. but the owner their has no clue about kratom, he just sells what he see's flying off the shelf and restocks. I love his store, cheap Smok Mods and cheap 100ml bottles of my favorite juices.. I was suprised when I saw him selling bags of Kratom caps, liquid, and he says he has powder in the back but I'm not going to waste my money on it.. it's basically like an "emergency" spot near work hehe. But yeah he had no idea what strain he had, it was a Green Maeng Dae marked Silver, when I asked him what color strain it was, Red, White, or Green he was baffled lol.... I knew it was green a few moments I burned a few.. he said he can get the "stronger" version, I was like mehhhh sure get it!

Vape shops are iffy and give Kratom a bad name, so buyer beware. I trust the vendors on this site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Mixing Kratom and coffee? 7 months 4 days ago #25446

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
I have a similar overstock pile out in a shed from that same time period, BanMania 2016. I haven’t had the heart to open any of those bags to see if they survived. Mostly cold temps except for high heat days. Never subject to sunlight or anything...

I’ve been tempted to try the liquid in Brilliant Ellixirs here in CA, but their popular favorite is chocolate and I’m not a fan of chocolate, believe it or not (I like a good dark).

A kratom friend told me about it. I googled it.

What sort of “liquid caps” are you referring to? Are they Extracts? Or do they even know? Is it a mystery package of “liquid kratom caps”?

Laurie

Mixing Kratom and coffee? 7 months 1 hour ago #25450

• johnnybee22
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
The empty caps I got online are just generic Gelatin Capsules size 000 (largest size). They are just plain, nothing special, just the same as most generic multi vitamins and stuff come in. They also make a Veggie Capsule, I've tried both, we probably all have and not realized the difference.

Mixing Kratom and coffee? 6 months 3 weeks ago #25518

• johnnybee22
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Well after getting my caps and figuring out the best, quickest, most efficient process for my 100 "000" filler, I've watched a few videos.. it's best to just grab 2 bowls (or hats like me lol) and separate the tops from bottoms, then dumb them in their respective lids/plates.. jiggle, and fix whatever ones are sticking out funky. Of course the videos do not show the process of separating the damned capsules as they come together as one hehe.

Anywho, got the process down nice. After buying a Kilo from a vendor, I can see I am going to have to order a lot more capsules, and the "000" are the largest. The best way to keep the remaining kratom fresh for me was to go to the dollar store and buy a pack of Gallon Size ziplock bags. Then I pretty much triple bagged the remaining Kilo. I looked for a mason jar, but even the largest they had wouldn't have fit all of this extra kratom in. I am happy with the product I got from Gaia, it was a great deal, and now that I have a larger cap filler and a more efficient system, I can stop wasting money on buying them pre-capped.. as well as the junk at my local vape shop that is overpriced... as I would stop there during lunch sometimes if I was running low... I don't like running low, I STOCK UP!

Mixing Kratom and coffee? 6 months 3 weeks ago #25519

• johnnybee22
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Laurie wrote: I handle this the same way as recommended here. For one thing, you can’t fix ignorance. But I think your boss is more concerned with APPEARANCES. For example, I vape ecigs. I’ve been to a zillion places that don’t allow smoking. I’m not smoking! It’s water vapor! It’s raining, etc. I just don’t vape in front of people because it APPEARS as tho I’m smoking, and that appearance is how I’m judged. Nobody wants an education on vaping versus cigarettes. Just seeing me vape FREAKS PEOPLE OUT.

Stigma and ignorant judgement are alive and well in the world...

Too bad. Don’t get caught and if asked, say you quit because the job is too valuable. May as well put frosting on that cake!

I forgot to mention lol, the technician I am currently partnered with has suddenly changed his mind about "letting" me vape in our van or around him. In the beginning of January I got stuck with this old timer, worst of the worst, because he is so slow (milks the hours), and they knew he would teach me some stuff I did not know and I'd give him a kick in the butt as a lot of the things we do are common sense and just hard work, and he doesn't work very hard... so it's an odd-couple I have to deal with sigh..

Anyway, Day 1 I asked him, as I do anyone I work with... "Do you care if I vape my e-cig?" and he replied "No it's cool, I'm around all the techs anyway and they smoke cigarettes it doesn't bother me..." So I was like okay cool.. 1 thing out of the way. I just ask as a courtesy, I know some people do not like cigarettes, and I can respect that. Vaping is not even cigarettes, or smoke, just like you said above... he doesn't understand that.

About a week ago he asked, rather "told" me there will be no more smoking in the van or around him... I was like "Wow... now you remember I asked you day 1, you said not a problem right?" And he said Yeah.. but circumstances have changed.. as he told me a story about a friend of his who just had a stroke, and even admitted it was not cigarette related... so WTF!? LOL.

I tried to explain the "science" of it to him, but nope wouldn't have it... He said he wants to be "healthier" yet still asks to stop at McDonalds 1x a day, as well as is 5'10" (my height), but 62 years old and weighs close to 275lbs... So I don't think me vaping around him will drastically increase his health. It really pisses me off, as we drive a lot, we can't smoke on certain sites or in front of customers.. etc. I've honestly given him a few days without it, I actually grabbed some Skoal Pouches which I hated to do, but I am spitting up a storm just to get under his skin more and more lol.. and if we finish a job after hard work, you are damned right I am going to vape.

People just astonish me, I stopped cigs 3 years ago and I've lost roughly 35lbs in the past 14 months... I am down to about 214lbs, despite being 5'10". I would like to lose another 10lbs or so, but not going to worry about it as I work out a lot.. not exactly macho man, but our line of work we need to be strong. Any who... yeah my life.

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds