Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read here before posting. You may find the answer.

TOPIC:

question about dosage schedule 11 months 3 days ago #42156

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4073
bellacat,

you can even dose the same with the same strain and it will still be different some days. even if both times you have an empty stomach! constant learning curve..but yes I think you figured it out. dose a little more closer together. maybe try 1.5 grams 3-4 hrs later to keep things going. once the pain sets its hard to get rid of it. ive had to use 2g of akuamma as well as my dose when that happens. sometimes it creeps up on you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, bellacat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

question about dosage schedule 11 months 4 days ago #42151

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3917

Perhaps 1 gram in the morning and 2 grams in the afternoon?

This seems like a good plan. 7 hours later I would just take a full dose. I take my morning dose before most of my pain sets in by the end of day I am a mess so my doses are higher.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, bellacat

Last edit: by Nan70.

question about dosage schedule 11 months 4 days ago #42146

• bellacat
  • bellacat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 76
So today I tried cutting my morning does in half (from 2 grams to 1 gram) and then took another gram 7 hours later when my pain returned. The morning dose seemed to help my pain but unfortunately, it ultimately did not work out as I felt nothing from the second dose at all and the arthritis pain in my feet became very intense (much worse than it has been with my regular 2 grams in the am). Maybe I waited too long and the pain had already "set in?" Strange that I felt nothing from the second dose as I had only eaten a small meal several hours prior to taking it. Maybe I need to take a higher dose? Perhaps 1 gram in the morning and 2 grams in the afternoon? I so appreciate all your feedback.
Thank you again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373

question about dosage schedule 11 months 6 days ago #42057

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
youre right littlebear, and laurie. everyones different! dark red MD and red bali make it sleepytime for me but my husbands an opposite and can take them anytime. red borno from NC is just about gone! we both have been using that, and shared it too. he got his boss to try it, poor guy spewed. I told him he gave him too much!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Tiggermanscrat

question about dosage schedule 11 months 6 days ago #42044

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8778
I haven’t found a sedating red yet, either. I use them for pain relief and energy with no white needed.
Laurie

question about dosage schedule 11 months 6 days ago #42043

• Littlebear3
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 452
This thread almost makes me wonder if we could have a thread dedicated to each strain. Reds, greens, whites etc. In spite of the common knowledge of red being sedating, white being energizing, etc. it seems to be all over the map for people. Maybe we can break things down to a finer sort. Sedating reds versus energizing reds etc. Personally, I would like to find a true sedating red. My favorite red, dark red meng da is energizing for me. Maybe it is just that strain.

Something to think about.

question about dosage schedule 11 months 6 days ago #42042

• Littlebear3
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 452
I have never had any Kratom be sedating for me. I am not sure why, but some of us are "opposites". What is sedating for some is not sedating for us. The dark red meng da gives me a mood lift and makes be get up and moving. It may be that one strain. I've tried other reds that don't do much for me. I have tried other strains in the past but wasn't paying as much attention to strain versus results to really know. When I first tried the Dark Red meng da it was magic. Pain relief, mood lift, magic.
I also tried the Golden Leaf Green elephant. Very nice too, but I keep going back to old faithful. I am waiting for another order, in the mean time I am doing one gram of Dark red with another green just to switch it up a bit.

I wish I did find a Kratom to be sedating. It would be nice to have something that drifted me off to sleep, but it hasn't worked like that for me.

question about dosage schedule 11 months 6 days ago #42038

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
hey bellacat! im glad you found us. I use the leaf to manage my osteoarthritis and it truly helps. as far as red 95% put me to sleep. naturs cure red thai and red borneo are the only ones I can mix into my day before work blend. my tolerance is higher than I would like and I use the leaf twice a day on work days (sometimes 3 if I have an especially long day ) and mostly not at all on my days off. but im in the middle of my busy work season so I can take a tolerance break in the winter when hours are easier.

but generally every 4-6 hours is the 'standard' for most but I usually don't dose at night im taking phelledendron nightly and occasionally corydalis, skullcap, or wild lettuce which all work for nighttime pain as well. I hope this helps. please don't be afraid to ask anything. we are a very good honest support group!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, bellacat

question about dosage schedule 11 months 1 week ago #42028

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3917
I take Kratom to manage spinal arthritis.
I take a Green Strain for the workday. If I redose I have been lucky and able to do a 1/2 dose. But this only works if you are able to dose before the pain gets too bad. So if I start to feel achy I will not wait to take the lower dose.
I only take Reds at night. Not all Reds are sedating. I have few that I could take during the day.
but what works for me might not be the same for you. These Reds are Red Maeng Da and Red Hulu.

Best
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, bellacat

question about dosage schedule 11 months 1 week ago #42022

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
Red Bali is what a lot of folks like for pain relief and is generally a relaxing / sedating strain

Red Borneo is one of my favorite reds from Nature Cure, has great pain relief and very good energy ...

Red md had mostly been energetic with pain relief for me

what works great for one , doesnt always work great for others ... and what didn’t work a few months ago, might work great the next time you try it ... Kratom is a trip like that .. so hold onto the ones that don’t sing to beautifully to you at the moment , might sing lovely later

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.496 seconds