Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read here before posting. You may find the answer.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Super green maeng da vs green maeng da 6 months 3 weeks ago #46436

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
Thank you mr Shaun =D> (L)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Super green maeng da vs green maeng da 6 months 3 weeks ago #46431

• FusedFlora
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 569
So supers for the most part from most vendors are just another mix. See the chart below to show a translated version of how one Indonesian company makes "strains." I would not call this marketing, as they are mixes and different mixes can have very different profiles.

The below chart or some variation is most vendors, not all, each is different vendor to vendor both Indonesian and US vendor (as most kratom is sold to a vendor from a farmer and then sold to an US vendor).

I can only speak to mine specifically, and supers I sell are from the older growth in the same area. As Brandon alluded to, they can have more pronounced effects of energy or sleepiness. Mine are all from kapuas hulu, as are most of my fermented ones. The greens are washed, dried of wash outside and then move inside for the leaves to dry out, the whites are washed inside and dried twice (this takes a long time) inside. The red is dried outside both times. The regular kapuas I carry is from younger (7-10 year old plantation trees), the maeng da is 50/50 from those same trees and the old growth, and the super is from 100% old growth. I buy directly from the farm so I don't bother with marketing middlemen. They are not mixed red/green, but rather the drying method and quality of leaf used (for mine).

The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, thesonsangel

Last edit: by FusedFlora.

Super green maeng da vs green maeng da 6 months 3 weeks ago #46430

• Jblaze43
  • Jblaze43's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Ok thank you all for your feedback.

Super green maeng da vs green maeng da 6 months 3 weeks ago #46426

• Visitor
Say a super md met a reg MD and they had kids ... would the children be super or semi super ?:-? Or some super and some not ?? Lol

I think for the most part that Babel is right in that it’s a marketing ploy .. or the honest vendors ( also ) like Babel stated call it super just to distinguish another MD strain ...

I’d like to hear from some vendors about this .... Adam... Shaun ... Rob... what do you guys think ?

Thx Rob .. looks like you already replied ...

For me the super acts more of a relaxant , and def not as upbeat , more on the other end of the spectrum ... some supers are great with pain relief, more moodlift and energy with the reg or premium md ... just my experience

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

Super green maeng da vs green maeng da 6 months 3 weeks ago #46424

• Jblaze43
  • Fresh Boarder
Yea what I didn’t right down is how much I believe all these names are complete marketing schemes and that there arent too much a difference if any between them all..but if you give a bunch of names, people are going to want to ”collect them all”, if you will..I don’t really buy all the information people try to lay down to be honest.

Super green maeng da vs green maeng da 6 months 3 weeks ago #46423

• Insense1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1775
We, at In Sense Botanicals and Gold Leaf Botanicals,
Se carry both similar to your question.

We carry Regular Green MD an we carry
Premuim Green MD

They are different in properties....
While the Regular is a much Cleaner and Crisper...
Which are very good to enhance a persons well being...

The Premium Green MD does the same.... but in a different way....
Hard for us to describe.... being a vendor... with the current laws etc...
Maybe someone will chime in :-)

Thank you
Insense1
Rob
530-644-0456 office
:-)

Super green maeng da vs green maeng da 6 months 3 weeks ago #46422

• Babel-17
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2204
It's more of a way for vendors to differentiate their products. If they aren't charging more for it, and it doesn't have lots of good reviews, then I think it unlikely there's anything super about it, and it's just marketing to call it super.

However it is possible an honest vendor doesn't charge more for their super MD than they do their regular MD, or a Green Hulu, and the MD is still "super" in the sense that it's more stimulating than their regular MD or Hulu, while not being more powerful in regards the other benefits Kratom offers, nor is it longer lasting.

Maeng Da already means "Pimp Daddy", which is a way of saying the cock of the walk, or top dog. "This is my Maeng Da" is like saying this is my best Kratom. So what comes next, "Ultra Super Maeng Da", lol? :)

Super green maeng da vs green maeng da 6 months 3 weeks ago #46414

• Visitor
Super refers to larger more mature leaves ( claims are that it has more alkaloids) and tend to be more bitter ....
For me I tend to get tired from supers, reg md gives me more energy.... a side by side comparison may help you to discern the differences better .... please share your findings with us if you do that !! Results will vary from person to person and from day to day .... comes down to many things, mostly personal preference and the numerous factors going into what makes a certain kratom batch what it is ... cheers

Super green maeng da vs green maeng da 6 months 3 weeks ago #46406

• Jblaze43
  • Fresh Boarder
So is there any true difference in green maeng da and super green maeng da..does anyone have a real answer to that? Thanks in advanced .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds