Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read here before posting. You may find the answer.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

dosing rates 4 months 3 weeks ago #48517

• BaliDreamzzz
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 178
I have to agree with you, pain management most of the time dictates how soon and how much on any particular day. I would just do what you feel is necessary and adjust as needed in the future based on your experience. Great insight Nan, and congrats on your recent win!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

dosing rates 4 months 3 weeks ago #48322

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3937
Managing pain is a personal thing.
I dose a green strain in the morning, my work day kratom. I need to stay on my feet for work. I have spinal arthritis. Without Kratom I can get maybe 2 hours without wanting to die. My pain levels will build, I have exhaustion set in, then I start to stress mentally.
My green work day dose will last 4 hours solid then I have a waning period. hopefully the pain is enough controlled to make it to 6 hours. Mostly I expect 4 hours. If pain levels are unbearable I booster dose a slightly lower dose of a different green strain.(do not wait until pain is extreme, try to predict this and take the dose before) I switch to a Red for the night dose. I change my Red strain up every night, I have a rotation I use. 6 strains 3-5 different vendors. So I am not sure if its about how often you need to dose as long as you keep to the same size dose. Upping a dose is usually where the start of tolerance begins.

In summary, redose before the pain is extreme, do not up your normal dose, rotate strains(does not have to be rotating different colors)
I feel taking also turmeric w/black pepper helps prevent tolerance

I also use other botanicals and supplements in my pain management routine to help with energy, stress and pain.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nmruska, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, buckey

dosing rates 4 months 3 weeks ago #48314

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2207
Coffee analogy here, and if you feel a strong desire for a cup of coffee at ten AM, but you had three cups at six AM, and you're worried about becoming coffee dependent, then try having just two cups in the morning, as that would "free up" a cup for later.

You could go 2 cups, then a one cup "booster" later, then two cups, then another booster.

Also consider using some Hirsuta or Javanica to smooth over that transition if it's a bit too rough at first. Stem and Vein could work also. Otie's has good prices for Stem and Vein, and Fused Flora has exceptionally good prices for Hirsuta and Javanica.

In Sense has Skullcap and Incarvillea.

Hey, this is a good opportunity to mention the thread I recently started!

www.ilovekratom.com/forum/general-dialogue/9167-ne...o-gauge-my-tolerance
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, buckey

Last edit: by Babel-17.

dosing rates 4 months 3 weeks ago #48312

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
It’s really a personal thing Buckey , if you need to dose sooner than 4-6 hrs ... I say go for it ... keeping in mind that probably best to only do that on the days you really need to ... sometimes I dose more frequently and or higher doses when needed ... not everyday... maybe 1-2 days a week if that ...

Make sure to rotate your strains.. that will help..
the longer you can wait in between dosing the better your tolerance will keep ... I dose 3-5 x a day 2tsp per dose (4-6 gms ) .... on occasion my dose doesn’t deliver as much as I’d like ... but the majority of the time it brings great relief !

dosing rates 4 months 3 weeks ago #48308

• buckey
  • buckey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
I have been using kratom for about 6 weeks now and I do about 3 grams in morning then I have been waiting for about 6 hours and do it again then just before bed. My energies have been super low as I don’t sleep very well do to the pain levels I have. When I do my dose in morning I get some good energies from it to get my day going but I am finding it feels like it’s just lasting about 3 hours, then I feel my energies have fadded, I have been waiting for that 6 hour period time to come up before I do again, because I am trying to keep my tolerance levels down, but I am wondering if I should try to dose every 3 hours to get my energies back up and pain levels back down, or would that be too soon, and too often ? Or would it be better to power threw and wait my 6 hours? I don’t want to get my tolerance levels up to fast if I can help it..

Thank you if anyone can weigh in on this to help me getter a better picture of how to use and how often..

Be well al
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds