Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
You guessed it! This section is for general discussion that may or may not have anything to do with Kratom.

TOPIC:

Gonna grow me a tree 10 months 11 hours ago #43520

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight for your Rights to Use Kratom.
  • Thank you received: 4265
Nobody got my PUN did you? Hairy Styles as in Harry Styles.

Yes you would have had to be Beautiful like Bess Motta to be able to pull Big Hair off. Most people look Ridiculous with Big Hair unless you are a Really Good Looking Person with some Great Hair like Bess was.
“I am the madmaxnightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!”
Life Is Like Teaching Sanskrit To A Pony.
Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gonna grow me a tree 10 months 22 hours ago #43503

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2037
I had hair down to my shoulders when I joined the army in 1973. It took the barber less than 30 seconds to make me bald. :woohoo:
That was the last time it was hippie style. :lol:
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Big Dee

Gonna grow me a tree 10 months 23 hours ago #43501

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8803
It’s easier to just lie back and COMPLAIN ONLINE. Haha (see Facebook or app of choice) LOL
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Gonna grow me a tree 10 months 23 hours ago #43500

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2037

Laurie wrote: Ain’t that the truth (“Decade Of unfortunate hairstyles”). LOL lol

Nobody told me there were straighteners and curling irons until almost the 90’s! Not FAIR! Bad HAIR!

Thanks for the tips on resizing photos. Not sure why it’s not possible (easily) now but was pretty easy a decade ago?!

The reason it was easier to attach a photo 10 years ago is that the phone cameras weren't very good. So when you took a photo back then the file size was a lot smaller.
The attachments button shows that we can only attach a 0. 1MB image file. That is a really small file. :ohmy:
I just installed an app called PIXLR on my samsung Phone. It was able to reduce a photo from 2.9MB down to 0.272MB which still could be to large to attach. But if you took the photo at the lowest camera setting on your phone it would be fine.
The only other way would be to do it the way nan said. :-bd
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Gonna grow me a tree 10 months 1 day ago #43495

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2213

madmaxnightrider wrote: In the 80's Big Hair was in & Everybody thought they were Really Cool like everybody else wearing their Hair that way. The Hairy Styles Comes & Goes.:lol:

Bess Motta wore it really well. She was Sarah Connor's best friend in The Terminator, and the (smoking hot) star of the 20 minute workout on TV.

Screen cap from The Terminator: i.pinimg.com/736x/cb/8b/d5/cb8bd510c11cdb7f4879443021f28af2.jpg

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Last edit: by Babel-17.

Gonna grow me a tree 10 months 1 day ago #43484

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight for your Rights to Use Kratom.
  • Thank you received: 4265
In the 80's Big Hair was in & Everybody thought they were Really Cool like everybody else wearing their Hair that way. The Hairy Styles Comes & Goes.:lol:
“I am the madmaxnightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!”
Life Is Like Teaching Sanskrit To A Pony.
Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17

Gonna grow me a tree 10 months 2 days ago #43440

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Ain’t that the truth (“Decade Of unfortunate hairstyles”). LOL lol

Nobody told me there were straighteners and curling irons until almost the 90’s! Not FAIR! Bad HAIR!

Thanks for the tips on resizing photos. Not sure why it’s not possible (easily) now but was pretty easy a decade ago?!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Gonna grow me a tree 10 months 2 days ago #43439

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3940

I was born in the last year considered to be a baby boomer (1964).

I am a generation Xer (1970) My formative years were in the 80s. Decade of unfortunate hair styles.

I looked at my Samsung phone and I cannot find a resize photo setting. There should be way to set the photos you take smaller. I usually send the photos to my computer by either e-mailing it or Facebook messaging it to myself and then opening the photo in my photo editing program and resize it there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Gonna grow me a tree 10 months 5 days ago #43319

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Yep yep yep. I was born in the last year considered to be a baby boomer (1964). The door hit me in the as$ after that - NO MORE BABY BOOM PEOPLE
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Gonna grow me a tree 10 months 5 days ago #43315

• Big Dee
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73

Laurie wrote: Yeah I told that same line to older people when I was your age! Haha just heckling you kids!

My parents did NO SUCH THING. There weren’t such shows yet except maybe The Jackson Five. We watched Sonny and Cher and Chastity at night. Carol Burnett was ON FIRE funny (still is) with Harvey Corman, Tim Conway, Mama’s Family Vicky Lawrence is spun from that...

I had to entertain my little sister all the time. Had to sit through Grease THREE FREAKING TIMES. I knew it was lame EVEN THEN. My sister did not. She was like kids TODAY and lived to BE Or MEET Olivia Newton John (she actually DID go meet her).

Us 50 year olds did not wish to be famous, necessarily. We wished to be able to drive, have sex and get a job. Too lofty for kids today except for the sex! Haha

How about Ed Sullivan, Red Skelton, Lawrence Welk, Woodstock. lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds