Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
You guessed it! This section is for general discussion that may or may not have anything to do with Kratom.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New product from In Sense and Tea Time inspire challenge to gauge my tolerance 8 months 3 days ago #48542

• INSENSE3
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
Thank you for the link to your challenge notes!

INSENSE3

530-644-0456 office
www.insensebotanicals.com
goldleafbotanicals.net/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Babel-17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by INSENSE3.

New product from In Sense and Tea Time inspire challenge to gauge my tolerance 8 months 5 days ago #48498

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
Brother Babel , sent you a PM. :-h (L) B-)

New product from In Sense and Tea Time inspire challenge to gauge my tolerance 8 months 1 week ago #48450

• Babel-17
  • Babel-17's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2527

INSENSE3 wrote: Intriguing challenges I am enjoying following along..

:) Funny enough, before seeing your post I started a new thread, and it's basically a by product of this challenge.

www.ilovekratom.com/forum/kratom-discussion/9196-w...u-today#.XkhycUp7k2w
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, rookie, INSENSE3, Katrina B.

New product from In Sense and Tea Time inspire challenge to gauge my tolerance 8 months 1 week ago #48424

• INSENSE3
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
Intriguing challenges I am enjoying following along..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, Katrina B.

New product from In Sense and Tea Time inspire challenge to gauge my tolerance 8 months 1 week ago #48313

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
I’ll have what you’re having !!!!!! Well done Babel !!!! Thank you

New product from In Sense and Tea Time inspire challenge to gauge my tolerance 8 months 1 week ago #48310

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
Used up my edits, I meant "looked through the peephole", not people. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, INSENSE3, Katrina B.

New product from In Sense and Tea Time inspire challenge to gauge my tolerance 8 months 1 week ago #48309

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder

I figured I'd post this before breaking the short "fast" that followed the unplanned taper down that preceded it.

From Tea Time Botanicals I had their latest addition, Javanica, as well as Hirsuta, and Stem and Vein. I have all three of their Stem & Veins, White, Green, and Red. I also keep rotate in the S&V from Soflo, and Otie's. Otie's has the better price if buying Stem and Vein in bulk, and I'm now seeing that Fused Flora has tremendous pricing for bulk purchases (even kilos) of Hirsuta and Javanica, as well as Stem and Vein. Tea Time is kind of the gold standard in my eyes with some of their product line up though, and their diversity is dizzying. It's like a large boutique of goodies.

From In Sense I have their Incarvillea Sinensis, and their Skullcap. Their Skullcap is a bargain, btw. This is my second purchase of it, and while the bag used is a solid improvement (looks better and the seal hasn't broken, lol), I just did a side by side and their current batch looks and tastes the same as their last. That's a good thing.

And another "btw". I guess they can't really suggest a serving size, But since I have some of the 95% pure extract of two of the main components of Skullcap, I came up with a good enough for me estimate. 300 mg. is what I use as an effective serving size.

Hirsuta, Javanica, and Stem and Vein, all have their own characteristics but I'm more interested in how they blend well together. 250 mg. of each, for a total of 750. mg., is what I've been using as a permanent addition to my servings of Kratom, and it's also the amount I used over two days of no Kratom. I can easily double that amount if desired, but I'm looking at using them over the long haul, so I want to use the least amount needed to get a good effect.

For the Incarvillea Sinesis we have a different story. Long story short, no noticeably warm hugs from it, but it did blunt that annoying deep seated pain in the back and joints that chronic sufferers know all about. And it did help, along with the other stuff in getting me to sleep last night, after a bit of not being able to nod off.

So I'm giving it a preliminary grade of "lives up to the advertising". 500 mg. seems to be an effective introductory serving size for pain sufferers. Less could probably work for mild discomfort.

OK then, so with that out of the way, over the last few weeks I've been testing out new samples, and in doing that I try to go into each one reasonably "fresh", and I also try to take the minimum effective amount so as to really see what, if anything sets each sample apart from the others, and to judge its potency.

On top of that I was test driving the Gold Leaf Green Riau, and because Michele's experience with the Red Sumatra, which traditionally originates nearby to the Riau region, were very intriguing, I ordered some of that as well and started using it.

Yadda, yadda, yadda, I ended up taking less Tea, and with the arrival of the Incarvillia I sort of stumbled into a couple of days of taking even less than the prior days of low usage.

Opportunity was knocking at the door, and after looking through the people I let opportunity in and heard its pitch. ;) I was being challenged to take the next logical step of taking advantage of the opportunity to take an easy-peasy mini-tolerance fast seeing as half the work was already done. Not a big challenge, but that was part of what made it tempting.

And so here I am now, with nothing but good things to say about everything mentioned above.

P.S. I think that the effort that goes into avoiding "stale strain syndrome" can be successful because it compels us to be mindful of the quantity of each serving of Tea, and the number of them. And psychologically we want it to work, so each strain we add to the rotation will get appreciated more.

And since we now feel that each of our last servings was a good one, we'll be prone to taking less, or at least no more, of an an amount with the next serving, and we might prolong the time between taking each of them.

I hear my "break fast" calling me, and I think I'll try the Yellow Maeng Da mini-sample that In Sense included in my last order from them. ;)

Funny enough, it's the wild grown Gold Leaf version, so this could be extra interesting. You never really know with the wild grown stuff. It's like picking from a box of chocolates. ;)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, rookie, INSENSE3, Katrina B., Mscanlan4803

Last edit: by Babel-17.
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds