Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
You guessed it! This section is for general discussion that may or may not have anything to do with Kratom.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How does Madmax do it? 4 months 4 days ago #48812

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1269
Well said Babel !

I basically rotate varieties like it’s going out of style ... keeping my dose the same..if my normal dose amount wasn’t enough for my needs with a particular type of kratom .. I’ll try more or a little less next time I dose the same strain. ... which is usually either the following day or the day after . It’s proven to be effective in keeping the quality of results good... a great example of adjusting dose amount is when I reviewed LH super green. Very relaxing or sedating at reg dose amount (2tsp) ... but when cut in half (1tsp) , great energy and moodlift for 4.5-5 hrs ...no sedation .

Would love to hear from Madmax and his method !

Great question Smoothc!
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, smoothc, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, CanadianTW, Richard65

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How does Madmax do it? 4 months 4 days ago #48811

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2191
I'm not madmax, but if I'm trying something that I intend to write about, I'll try it over several days. I also wait until I'm "more than ready" for a serving of Kratom. By that I mean I can tell that the effects of whatever I had previously had mostly worn off, especially its stimulating and mood boosting properties.

I always have an ache in parts of my body so I'm going to be appreciate any pain relieving properties from a serving of Kratom, and I can tell when a serving has mostly worn off.

When I'm focused on reviewing something I'm very consistent in the amounts taken, and the times I take it. I write all of that down, and sometimes even notes about the effects I perceive.

Using a scale, and keeping track of every serving I take, helps with maintaining my tolerance, as does the occasional day, or two, off from taking Kratom. Taking other herbs and supplements can be used in a deliberate fashion to substitute for the effects of Kratom and thus help with tolerance, and some even help in keeping the opioid receptors in our bodies rebounding as well as they did when we first started taking Kratom.

Or at least that's what research suggests, as does anecdotal evidence.

Ginger, for example,

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22472107

as well as Black Seed Oil, Agmatine, and some other stuff, is reported as being of help in keeping tolerance at a reasonable level.

I've always taken Kratom partly because it helps with my mood, and though pain relief is a big part of that, I find that Kratom has other properties that are helpful for feeling in a better mood. Appreciating what each batch of Kratom offers in that regard is what I strive to achieve, and allowing time to reflect on the effects is a big part of what goes into whatever I'd write.

I can appreciate a strong White, or a strong sedating Red, but to me they're kind of boring to write about. Though a few are more interesting than others, to me, because they retain their pedigree even though they've been cured, or even fermented, to bring out one or more aspect of Kratom more strongly than its others.

But there are a lot of alkaloids in Kratom and I find that those batches that bring out the "flavor" of them are the ones I most prefer.

Good old Green Hulu being an example of how keeping it simple can be good, and if it ain't broke don't fix it. Though really knowing how to grow it/find it, when to harvest it, how to dry it/cure it, is I'm sure a complex art.

My point being though that there's so much in any serving of a good Green Hulu that it can always feel like a fresh experience when taking it. And it's the appreciation of those kind of effects that can make using Kratom something of a fun adventure.

And that sense of appreciation is for me what sharing experiences wit Kratom is about.

So, don't take too much, and appreciate every serving. Sometimes Kratom is taken basically as medicine for pain and inflammation, and helping with the fatigue and exhaustion that they can produce. That's a bit of a different ball game when it comes to reviewing the different brands, and their offerings. Since I don't know much about that situation, I avoid writing about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, Insense1, seven100, smoothc, Tiggermanscrat, CanadianTW, Richard65, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by Babel-17. Reason: Edited to fix some details

How does Madmax do it? 4 months 4 days ago #48807

• smoothc
  • smoothc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 246
Question to the guru on ILK...
How do you keep your kratom tolerance at bay and are able to find the words to describe your experiences on each review?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Richard65, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds