09 Mar 2020
We want to welcome everyone to the New I Love Kratom Forum. We're constantly trying to improve the forum for our members. Please take the time to show our approved vendors some love. Check out our approved advertisers as well and feel free to post about your experience. If this is your first time to the site, make sure to register and do your first post in the "Introduce Yourself" section. Also, make sure do check out the "Approved Vendors" section of the forum to find great daily and weekly deals.

We would like to send out a special thanks to all of our advertisers and approved vendors. Be sure to check out their sites and try them out.

UPDATE: Gold Leaf Botanicals is doing a special 10% off and I had posted it incorrectly. That coupon should is now changed to ILKforum15%.

We would like to throw a big thanks out to all the vendors on this forum for being so awesome and a very very special thanks to our Moderators.

~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read More...
You guessed it! This section is for general discussion that may or may not have anything to do with Kratom.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rite Aid will train pharmacists on alternative medicines. Good or bad thing??

Rite Aid will train pharmacists on alternative medicines. Good or bad thing?? 2 months 1 week ago #49328

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8700
Hey Littlebear3!

Sorting of posts is most recent stuff up top.

The rite aid hypothesis was shot down as per Tiggermanscrat’s post (dated and obsolete material posted).

But. Who knows what might happen later this afternoon?!

Hope you are exercising overzealous caution with your respiratory history...you’ve been on my mind and I’m glad you are posting and doing well today :-)

Laurie
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rite Aid will train pharmacists on alternative medicines. Good or bad thing?? 2 months 1 week ago #49326

• Littlebear3
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 430
Knowledge is never a bad thing. Although I wonder how accurate the info they will get in training is. I am inclined to think it might be more likely to follow the current political point of view rather than an accurate scientific point of view. What would the purpose be for them doing this.
Drugstores do carry some herbals, so I can see them wanting their staff to be educated on them. That said, I would suspect they will train them to the alternative herbal treatments they sell rather than giving them a broad based education on what is possible. That said, I would be very surprised if they include training on Kratom or Marijuana.
The change in order is really throwing me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by Littlebear3.

Rite Aid will train pharmacists on alternative medicines. Good or bad thing?? 2 months 1 week ago #49305

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Seven100, I still missed the dates on those!

I asked to have TOPIC HEADERS sorted by last post, so we could glance at the topics and see what’s brand new. And we got that. And more! Before we reject it and switch it back, I am giving it a whirl and finding it helpful for faster browsing.
Obviously it’s a huge change and the entire world is up to our eyeballs with huge changes. Brandon, Paul and I are supportive of input under, um, I mean above Brandon’s announcement on the sorting change.

I’d like to continue trying it out. But. Unlike the other problems of which we have no control, we CAN make changes to our home forum and make it EVEN BETTER if we want.

Definitely let our humble moderator know how it’s going. I’m so not used to it but it’s way more efficient...
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Rite Aid will train pharmacists on alternative medicines. Good or bad thing?? 2 months 1 week ago #49302

• seven100
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 319
No kidding, Laurie. This is definitely going to be hard to get used to. Why in the world did they change the post order?

Maybe I can claim that I'm just rattled by everything that's going on in the world right now, but I didn't realize until I read the article in Tiggermanscat's reply just how old those Rite Aid press releases were. I googled the passage that Nan posted and found the articles I posted. If I had been paying closer attention I would have realized that this is quite literally 'old news', resolved in 2015. Forgive me, I'll try to do some better research in the future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Rite Aid will train pharmacists on alternative medicines. Good or bad thing?? 2 months 1 week ago #49299

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Thanks for the good news/update, Don! How in the hello did they find time to shut this down, I wonder?

Getting used to newest post on top will be interesting. Probably way cool but learning a new trick is not always appreciated during a world wide pandemic!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, seven100, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Rite Aid will train pharmacists on alternative medicines. Good or bad thing?? 2 months 1 week ago #49294

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2032
It looks like the FDA stopped the Harmonyx Diagnostics testing that Rite Aid had started with Harmonyx.

healthitdirectory.com/ads/harmonyx-diagnostics/
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, seven100, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Rite Aid will train pharmacists on alternative medicines. Good or bad thing?? 2 months 2 weeks ago #49265

• seven100
  • Gold Boarder
You know Laurie, I spent some more time digging around on the Rite Aid website after I posted last night and I found this, which I actually do find kind of scary.

www.riteaid.com/corporate/news/-/pressreleases/new...testing-to-customers

I kind of don't know what to think about this and am still processing, but I'd be interested in hearing other people's thoughts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Rite Aid will train pharmacists on alternative medicines. Good or bad thing?? 2 months 2 weeks ago #49258

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Thanks for sharing this, Nan70 and seven100 (hey y’all!),

I am more cynical than seven100! I went straight to, oh great, now they will refuse more products based on their opinions of contraindications! I can see it now, “you cannot have elderberry gummies with your pharmaceuticals approved by the dr! I’m calling your dr and then the eff dee yay.,”

Today, it doesn’t seem so far fetched to think they might be trying to control the world and save us from ourselves. Pharmacists have more power than just about ANY authority figure already!

I also agree with both of you. I threw in a fully pandemic - affected perspective! LOL
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, seven100, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Rite Aid will train pharmacists on alternative medicines. Good or bad thing?? 2 months 2 weeks ago #49251

• seven100
  • Gold Boarder
Call me cynical, but I think this is just a sales strategy. They as much as say so here

www.riteaid.com/corporate/news/-/pressreleases/new...-plan-at-analyst-day

I feel they're hoping to appeal to people who are interested in organic foods and herbal remedies and things like that. At the end of the day they just want to sell more of the products they already have on their store shelves. So if they can get people who are interested in these sorts of products to come into their store rather than go to say Whole Foods, they can sell more Melatonin or St John's Wort.

They want the public to feel that their pharmacists are familiar with the products and ready to talk to customers about them, but again, I think they'll stick with products they already sell and that are widely accepted as safe and even benign. It would be far to risky for them to do much more than that.

Rite Aid will train pharmacists on alternative medicines. Good or bad thing?? 2 months 2 weeks ago #49231

• Nan70
  • Nan70's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3859
What do you make of this. I received this e-mail from Rite Aid. They are going to allow their pharmacist to offer non pharmaceutical suggestions. I am wary to feel this is good news. I do not want to see this pharmacy industry control holistic treatments. I never want to see kratom needing a prescription the AKA I hope makes this a priority

New Rite Aid Is Coming Soon
We recognize that self-care is not a luxury, it’s an investment in
your most important asset – your health. And today, traditional
medicine is just not enough. Our pharmacists will be well-versed in
both traditional and alternative therapies so they can help advise
you holistically – mind, body and spirit. The journey starts today.
We look forward to helping you and your family
to not just get healthy, get thriving.

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds