Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
You guessed it! This section is for general discussion that may or may not have anything to do with Kratom.

TOPIC:

COVID lock down measures, are we causing more harm on a population 8 months 3 days ago #49324

• Littlebear3
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 468
I suspect that this will change many attitudes. It is exposing how fragile our country really is. Every health care professional has been aware of pandemic potential for decades. Yet here we are. Some governors are showing leadership. The federal government is bungling badly. I am thankful for my prepper instincts. It comes from reading all those sci fi distopian novels, and watching the walking dead. But who could have predicted a run on toilet paper?

I could see hoarding food, but toilet paper?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

COVID lock down measures, are we causing more harm on a population 8 months 3 days ago #49323

• Littlebear3
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 468
I strongly disagree. We do not know if disinfecting an environment helps. We do know that if one child is infected, they can spread it long before they show symptoms. So in that scenario, the kids coming back into that classroom could already be carriers who will continue to pass the virus on. So those kids that weren't infected will very likely get infected as they come in contact with others showing no symptoms.

This is new, so no one knows. Viruses mutate. One thing we are seeing is that young people in the US are having worse outcomes than young people in other countries. Could be many causes for that, such as poor diet, too much fast food. We still lack wide spread testing, even in hospital.
There are things we do not know, like how long the virus survives on a surface. Considering it is passed by people who have no symptoms, people cannot even guess if they might have been exposed.
I stay home as much as possible, and wear a N95 mask and gloves when I go out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Robie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by Littlebear3.

COVID lock down measures, are we causing more harm on a population 8 months 4 days ago #49322

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2121
Robie !!!!!!!!!!
Bravo big bro !!!!

Gosh how I’ve missed you ! Thank you for speaking some sense ... it’s been a whirlwind of crazy sense and your notches above a breathe of fresh air in this twacked our crisis climate....well.. at least just a refreshing as a medicinal mountain breeze lol!!

How the heck are you ? How the heck have you been ? You just absolutely stoked me out visiting us .... to say I miss you ... doesn’t do justice ...

I’m sorry for not reaching out man, though I think of you and wonder how mi amigo is !

Much love and respect Robie !
Thank you bro B-) (L) >:D
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, Robie, INSENSE3

COVID lock down measures, are we causing more harm on a population 8 months 4 days ago #49317

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1392
Hola mis queridos amigos! Hace demasiado tiempo que no los veo a todos! Ustedes, señoras, se ven preciosas y frescas como flores de primavera después de una lluvia suave. Y mis amigos caballeros? Muy guapo y noble como siempre. It's so wonderful to see you all and to have my interwebnet finally hooked up. I wish that it had happened sooner but there are some things in this life that we are unable to control.

How is everyone doing? Little Brother? Are you hanging in there? And the gracious Laurie! Looking lovely as always. And Nan? How is the Black eyed Susan of the ILK doing? Michelle? I hope all is well? And hello Don! I hope you and Liz and the grandlings are well and happy? How are you jayisk? If I have forgotten anyone I ask your forgiveness and forebearence. I assure you it isn't from malice of heart. It's been too, too long since I've conversated with my dear friends on the ILK! I have thought of you all very much.

I will watch the video Nan. And thank you for posting it. My understanding is that this virus is misnamed, due to pressure put on the WHO by a certain country. It should properly be called what it is: SARS 2. The 2nd mutation of the SARS virus. I understand the need for caution. And I understand the powers that be wanting to protect it's citizens. But I don't understand protecting a populace to the point of irrationally commiting financial suicide nor starving people. If you think critically many of our Bill of Rights have been taken away from us in a very short time. And without declaring Marshall Law. I find that alarming and this concerns me. Nature will find a way. It always has and always will. If everyone had their own private "Fort Knox" nature will still find a way. My humble opinion is many agencies dropped the ball with this. And mainly not telling the truth when the truth would have served us all better. Trying to manage a viral wildfire is the hubris of man thinking he can also take a category 4 hurricane and put it in a 1 quart mason jar. The media loves to amp people up to the point that rational thought and freedom of choice becomes paralyzed in men and women.

I think the best way for a person to protect themselves against any viral outbreak is with common sense. Wash your hands. People who are infected or think they are infected then remove yourselves from the public domain. But for pity's sake..... I wish the people in each state that are in positions to enact emergency law stop trying to out do each other with protecting the people! It's ugly political one upsmanship and it's ugly and transparent in it's self aggrandizement! Nature will always find a way of doing what nature does. From where I sit I see an economy being needlessly driven over a cliff. I see people being scared to death and forced into a seclusion that is going to have absolutely no effect in the long run on this virus running it's course. Real lives are being destroyed by the reaction and more harm done than what may or may not have been the natural course of the virus to begin with. Stop with the "12 Monkeys" scenario! It's not serving the common good no matter how you dice it. I'm going to cling to my belief, because I want to, that all will be well. My hope is they stop with the fear mongering and the heavy handed "emergency powers" acts. And just one more thing. I know it's prudent to try to maintain food, clothing, toilette articles etc... for your families. But this stripping the shelves from every store is selfish and ugly. There are souls out there who are working who are unable to get what they need because they are holding jobs that don't afford them the luxury of going to Walmart, Target, Costco, etc... in the mornings and getting the things THEY NEED. Hoarding is ugly and selfish and has created a situation that will force the American citizens the loss of more civil liberties! I can only speak for myself here but if I had plenty of food etc... and saw someone in dire need? I could no more ignore that person and not help them anymore than if they were my own in need. I just couldn't do it.

Forgive my ranting, please. I have missed you all very much and it's nice to see you again. I wish all of you health and peace of mind during this trying moment in the history of mankind. I have a compromised immune system. Heck fire. I have more than that. And I know there are others here on this wonderful forum who have health issues. From my heart to yours please try not to let this make you more sick. It can if you start thinking upon it too much. And I know this situation requires our attention and thought. I guess what I'm really trying to say is: be blessed in all endeavors. Hold on to the thought that all will be as intended and hope is a very powerful thing. I hope and pray for us all.

Be blessed,

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, INSENSE3, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

COVID lock down measures, are we causing more harm on a population 8 months 5 days ago #49308

• jayisk
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 625

Laurie wrote: Anxiety and panic lead to compromised immunity.

Dont watch the news (the ones based on opionion and looking for ratings..,not truth and facts) and only read reliable sources for info. Everything else is opinionated entertainment that is meant to cause fear and panic.
What do they say at meetings "Garbage in, garbage out."
Should make everyone...,including non-addicts.., go through the 12 steps during this crisis to better themselves .. :}

Thank God we have kratom. This virus is going to be longer then people realize. Giving them a lot of free time, lay-offs, stress, being stuck in the house.
I am sure alcoholism and substance abuse rates will sky rocket.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, Robie

Last edit: by jayisk.

COVID lock down measures, are we causing more harm on a population 8 months 5 days ago #49303

• DogSol
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 43
I'm looking at the efforts being undertaken... stay at home orders... stop work orders... and its starting to remind me of an allergic reaction.
sometimes i like to think of the earth as a single organism. animals as cells, species as tissues.... organs... systems.. Humankind represents the nervous system. thought and memory.
Im afraid that this virus is triggering a systemic failure doing far greater damage than the virus is actually capable of.

Has your dog ever had a 'Hot-Spot'? a minor skin infection that causes your friend to scratch all of its skin off.

I support the response but we cannot survive it... we are not prepared. I mean US, all of us workers have been walking a financial tightrope for so long now... we cannot afford to stop working. and that has all been by design. not only can we not afford it, no one else can live with it either. Food MUST be distributed. its more than just my paycheck, or anyone else's.we have been kept suspended in the air, like a magic trick.. what will we do when people stop going to work? most of us have only money and a bunch of useless toys. what is money worth if no one goes to work?
I'm just starting to think we are going to have to just lean into this and take the hit. we weren't ready, but we will survive it. Unless we scratch all of our skin off.
well, i have many thoughts on this, as i'm sure we all do. perhaps it will be discussed further as time marches on...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, Robie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

COVID lock down measures, are we causing more harm on a population 8 months 6 days ago #49289

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2045
Thank you for posting this Nan. >:D
It was long but worth listening to. :-bd

Most of the people I have talked with about the extreme measures being taken feel, as I do, that it is way overkill. :-?

The video brought to light a lot more that I/we hadn't even considered.

I'm going to send the link to all my friends.

Don :cheer:
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, TopExtracts, Insense1, Robie

COVID lock down measures, are we causing more harm on a population 8 months 6 days ago #49272

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9120
Great link, Nan70. Definitely not been healthy for me, personally. Anxiety and panic lead to compromised immunity. Haven’t read the entire thing, yet, but I will upon return from my “essential” errands.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, Robie

COVID lock down measures, are we causing more harm on a population 8 months 1 week ago #49253

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2121
I’m still having mostly full days of work , but my lady is pulling her hair out with the kiddos .... they are def affected my the collective tension these days ...

I’ve been feeling like the hysteria and fear might be more detrimental ( so far since I’m not ill anyways..) than the “vir- cough -us /-5g or g5 or what have you ....

Strange times .... feeling bummed for being reliant on so many things ,inspires me to want a chicken coop and get a small cow / few goats lol, for realz though ... we should all take a look at this dependence and try to have fat veggie gardens, some fruit trees .... ( kratom tress included :whistle: )

Hope your staying cozied on lockdown mode Nan, enjoying some of your sci-fi
:-bd
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, TopExtracts, Tiggermanscrat, Robie

COVID lock down measures, are we causing more harm on a population 8 months 1 week ago #49240

• Nan70
  • Nan70's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4065
lockdown measures, are we causing more harm on a population level than good?
zdoggmd.com/paul-offit-covid/

Thoughts, its long but we are not going anywhere right?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, Robie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by Nan70.
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds