Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
You guessed it! This section is for general discussion that may or may not have anything to do with Kratom.

TOPIC:

COVID lock down measures, are we causing more harm on a population 3 months 2 weeks ago #49489

• jayisk
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 625
Shit my 12 yr old daughter has a fever and all the other symptoms of the virus. My wife has been crying since she got the virus. Over fears of
spreading it to our daughters, me or her mother.
Daughter cant get tested until Weds. at the drive up testing sites.
Plus testing results are backed up from 4 days to over a week to get results.
My state jumped from 81 deaths to 108 in a day. Thats too high a percentage.
Testing numbers are completely off so you cant go by them. Meaning they should
be much higher.

Of course if you watched the White House briefing yesterday and the briefing from NY's governor, mayor and governor of NJ.
you will see as always the White House is so out of touch with reality.
They have NO idea how bad NY and Northern NJ are getting hit with the virus.
As always they stood around saying how great they are and everything is fine.
Hospitals and healthcare workers have everything they need and life will be wonderful by Easter.
Just cause Easter is a nice time of yr.
hospitals and healthcare workers are at a breaking point. they do not have enough PPE, running
out of beds and vents.
Plus the drs, RN's and other staff are getting the virus.
Over half the dr's in NJ are over 60 yrs old. Not good.
Then the idiot tried to deny that the US now has the most cases in the world passing China.
I should no not to watch this idiots lie and stand around praising each other how great they are
and pushing any blame.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Robie, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

COVID lock down measures, are we causing more harm on a population 3 months 2 weeks ago #49467

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1392
Hello all! Well..... I damn sure am not looking to catch it jayisk. But I'm in that demographic it seems to hunt down. I'd rather not go that way. I know what it's like not to get the air you need. I've nearly died from so many bazar things. I have auto immune issues and lung problems. I could list them all but I'm pretty sure I already have when I first started chatting with you wonderful folks. This latest problem with my lungs is too depressing to even talk about and I choose not to. I'd rather come on here and have some invigorating discussions and chat with the lovely ladies of the ILK. And the noble gentlemen of the ILK. I've lived a very interesting and full life. If it wasn't for modern chemistry natural selection would have taken me out a loooong time ago. Who am I to say? Maybe it should have? But that's not really my call, is it. I hope it all works out well for all of us. I really do think of most of you here as part of my family. I pray for the best for all. And I hope you wife will be fine jayisk. And I'm very worried about Petunia. I hope she and her husband are doing alright.

Hope is a good thing to cling to. Maybe one of the best gifts we humans have: Hope.

Be blessed,

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, jayisk, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

COVID lock down measures, are we causing more harm on a population 3 months 2 weeks ago #49464

• jayisk
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 625
My wife has been told by her dr. that she has the virus. Figured she did cause of her symptoms and the fever not going away. She
is a Nurse and of course they have not been supplied with the proper PPE to protect themselves while working.
Doctors in this state have been ordered to shutdown their offices. They do visits over the phone. Doctor spoke to my wife
over a satellite phone so it can be recorded. She had the test done today at a drive up outdoor area.

Its is mind blowing how many people have this virus and dont know it because they are doing a shit job at testing in the US.
Today in my state.., "hits 6,876 cases with 81 deaths. Another 2,492 positive tests in huge single-day increase."
Only 9 million in the state and the number one for most densely populated.
Granted the majority of people the virus will resolve on its own people who
do not live in areas that have been hit really dont understand how bad and quickly this spreads.
Since there is no cure and there is no proven medication to cure or stop this.., isolation seems to be the
best solution for now.

So the stats on the cases of people that have or had the virus are completely off. Going by that is a poor indicator here in the states. More important is the death rate and if healthcare facilities can handle the influx of new patients esp. ones requiring ventilators.

Looking back now I think I may have had the virus. I was laid up in bed for 6 wks with what i thought was the flu that turned into
bronchitis. This was mid March through the beginning of April.
I think this because I started spiking fevers which I never due as i have asthmatic chronic bronchitis. I also had a tightness in my chest, cough,
and the other symptoms of the virus. but they overlap with bronchitis.
This felt different this time after a few weeks and as i mentioned never ran a fever before.
As i am 48 yrs old have diabetes, hypertension, asthmatic chronic bronchitis and a weak immune system...,
this could have been or could be a deadly virus to me. Given I have all the pre existing conditions they list
for people that usually die from it.

Dont take this virus lightly esp. if you have pre existing conditions or a weakened immune system..
What this does to the lungs and respiratory system is not a pleasant way to die.

Glad to see you posting Robie.., try to stay well!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Robie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by jayisk.

COVID lock down measures, are we causing more harm on a population 3 months 2 weeks ago #49459

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2037
Thank you for the link Nan.
I really like this guy.
His reasoning seems sound to me.

Que Pasa Brother Robie or in German Vas ist los, :-h

I hear all the different viewpoints and I just ain't smart enough to figure it out. That's why I pray a lot and leave it in God's hands.

I know that I want this to be over without a huge loss of life or a huge loss of jobs and livelihood.

Don >:D >:D
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Robie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

COVID lock down measures, are we causing more harm on a population 3 months 2 weeks ago #49455

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
Good morning Nan! Hello and good morning everyone! Waving hopefully! You are all looking very nice today. I hope healthy and in good sprits for your individual "House Arrests"? Thank you for the video Nan. I really don't see any exit strategy from this virus until nature runs it's course. Until it burns out and through the populations and humans create their own anti bodies to any SARS related virus I think it's going to keep coming back bigger and stronger than ever. And I hope people don't think I'm being callous. I'm not. I don't enjoy the feeling of having a viral bullseye on my back. But when SARS was first discovered it was quarantined very quickly and brought to heel without dragging major populations down with it. And the result of that is SARS 2? (that's a very determined virus) Total world wide death from SARS , in the 2000's, was 774. So thinking in a realistic pattern, nature has many patterns, we'll go through this quarantine and do what we're told and it's just going to keep popping up again and again. In short my concern is that the world get's this particular viral mutation under control and a few years later it returns meaner and nastier than ever? Do you remember how many people died from the actual Swine flu compared to how many died from the vaccine? THAT particular statistic has never been agreed upon by any of the worlds health organizations or virologists. I think if they hurry a vaccine through on this COVID 19, will it have the same effects on those vaccinated with the Swine Flu vaccine?. Thinking critically Phage therapies only work on bacterium. Maybe someday science will discover a Bacterial Phage therapy but for viruses coming from bacterium. But I doubt it. I think that during the Spanish Flu pandemic if the precautions that we are using today would have been used in early 1918 you would have ultimately seen Spanish Flu 2. Nature will naturally do what nature intends to protect itself. I also think that the more mankind genetically alters the basic structures of millions of years of life that has been radically altered in the past 50 years then we're going to see more of these types of pandemics and see other more radical consequences of that very genetic altering. This virus will find a way to run it's course. Think of it in terms of insects that are getting more immune to the poisons we throw at them.

These are just my opinions from all of my reading, studying over the course of my life. The ultimate exit strategy for this new mutation of SARS may be that many people will indeed "exit". In the past century, especially the last century, man has done some things that you can't get away with involving "Mother Nature". And putting things into perspective we are about to hit the 8 billion mark for people inhabiting this planet. Science has altered Natural Selection with medications. Mankind has even altered natural selection in the animals man husbands. And now the permafrost has been melting. My understanding is there is great concern of bacterial and viral release from the permafrost melt. Diseases science thought would never rear their ugly heads again. There will always be a reaction for every action. There will be consequences sooner or later when you take away natures ability to function the only way nature knows how. The silver lining here is that people have been walking around with this for months. That might not be such a bad thing. In effect that could very well have been building up natural antibodies in people whom have come in contact with these folks. But I also admit that there is so much information that hasn't been told to us. Maybe we'll never know the whole story or truth about this.

All this is just my opinion. It's not meant to upset anyone. I voluntarily add the disclaimer that it is just my opinion. It's not meant to dismiss others opinions. Just some light hearted reading for your morning cup of tea, coffee or whatever libation you choose to start the day. I hope you all are not going stir crazy. House arrest and no ankle bracelets? Now that's half assed and ill prepared!!

Be blessed,

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

COVID lock down measures, are we causing more harm on a population 3 months 2 weeks ago #49449

• Nan70
  • Nan70's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3940
New video- exit strategies
Thoughts?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=shw3HDe9ny4&feature=emb_logo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Robie

COVID lock down measures, are we causing more harm on a population 3 months 2 weeks ago #49384

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1321
Robie!

You still have my vote for candidacy !!
My heart soars like an eagle when you call it how you see it , how it in all probability is !!

It’s def a scary time we are in , I pray we don’t hand over our basic rights and freedoms because of these times .

Much respect brother Robie , please keep up the good form mi armono ( I think that’s how you spell brother :-? ) be good budski !
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Robie

COVID lock down measures, are we causing more harm on a population 3 months 2 weeks ago #49376

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
Our illustrious governor just put the state on lock down starting Wednesday. I really don't need to go anywhere but this is nonsense!! It brings out the rebellious nature of my youth. I'm looking for my old draft card so I can burn it! Just on principle!! Enough already.

Be blessed everyone,

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

COVID lock down measures, are we causing more harm on a population 3 months 2 weeks ago #49373

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2037
Liz said howdy and sends a >:D
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Robie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

COVID lock down measures, are we causing more harm on a population 3 months 2 weeks ago #49367

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey! I'm glad you enjoyed it Don. I thought it appropriate all things considered. Considering people have been walking around with this virus for months. I see both sides of the argument but I think things are being taken waaaaay too far. I agree with Rob from InSense. The cure is turning out to be worse than the disease. Just my opinion. But like I said I really do see both sides of the problem. I think for my own peace of mind I'm not going to watch any news. Or read any for that matter.

Say hello to Liz? Be blessed Don,

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds