Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
You guessed it! This section is for general discussion that may or may not have anything to do with Kratom.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Long time no see friends! 2 months 11 hours ago #52162

• CanadianTW
  • CanadianTW's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 347
Hi Gibson! Nice to meet you

Im happy to answer your questions. Ketamine is an NMDA receptor antagonist. Its synthetic and have been used in human for over 50 years for anesthesia. Its almost impossible to die from overdose on it, even intentionally. Its potential for depression and chronic pain treatment have been discover as people who would come back from surgery who be all amazed to see that their depression or chronic pain was gone for weeks to months afterwards. This has led to research on the mecanism of action of those ailments.

Chronic neuropathic pain and depression, along with Alzheimers disease, all share some common mecanism: overactive NMDA receptors which cause excitotoxicity by too much glutamate. Glutamate is an excitatory neurotransmitter that causes neurons to fire. In the case of neuropathic pain this constant firing leads to damage and at a certain point it is self-sustaining, causing a run away phenomenon also known as hyperalgesia. So what ketamine does is stopping this run away reaction, allowing the nervous system to rewire itself. The rewiring is also helped by the massive release in BDNF and GDNF that ketamine causes.

Ketamine is not an opioid but it causes a potent reduction in tolerance to opioids, its used to treat opioid-induced hyperalgesia (OIH) and central pain sensitization through the same mecanism.

Its very anti-inflamatory, neuroprotective and causes neuro-regeneration through the neurotrophic pathways (BDNF, GDNF, NGF, ect) and has shown efficacy in limiting damage after TBI and speeding recovery. Its efficacy in Alzheimers has lead to the devellopement of memantine which is more effective than current treatments. Its also very beneficial to IBS patients, promissing for seizures and effective for substance use disorder. The efficacy of a single ketamine infusion can maintain for days to months.

The abuse potential exists but is far less than opiates. Ketamine can be psychologically addictive but not physically. If abused or used a in careless manner it can lead to bad decision making, redosing, bladder problems, ect. Dont do drugs, kids. It can be pleasurable and can be abused. Its worth noting that the benefits are long lasting only if injected and that rec use is usually snorted. So no, dont try to sniff street ketamine to treat your chronic pain, its not gonna work. Most insurance cover infusions for pain anyway so no need to self-medicate. A 3h long infusion every 4 to 8 weeks at a clinic is the usual treatment for chronic pain.

Its not a plant, sure but its a really benefical molecule. Iboga is a plant and also an NMDA antagonist that causes the release of BDNF, so nature had figured out this way before, therefore its ok? Lol. I have just a much respect for ketamine as i have for kratom, they are the only two things that helped and for me they work synergically. I think it works so good because my pain is neuropathic pain aggravated by this wind-up phenomenon and i have depression from this same mecanism. I got an electric shock to the head 4 years ago thats why my nervous system got fried. So im probably the kind of patient that can benefit the most from it. But again, i twisted my back badly in june, my right shoulder was 4 inches below my left one. I was limping to my infusion, and i walked out completly normal after, no back pain since then. Its like it completly turned off the inflammation in my back.

I still use kratom but since my tolerance goes down with every infusion im able to take way less. I barely use any for the first week after treatment and gradually the pain returns and i take more kratom as needed.

This is a link to a good piece of info on the non-anesthetic uses of ketamine: www.hindawi.com/journals/arp/2020/5798285/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Long time no see friends! 2 months 15 hours ago #52150

• Gibson
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 102
If I’m understanding ketamine, which I’m probably not, it’s recreational usages are pretty extensive. It’s not something to sneeze at, and lest we forget, our current opioid crisis was also furthered under a doctor’s supervision, with controlled dosing, etc.

It certainly doesn’t fall into the category of safe and natural. Don’t get me wrong, please, I’m not saying the OP or his doc is off base, it’s just that feeling good about getting relief from ketamine is in the same ballpark, to me, as feeling good about a doctor prescribing relief with Vicodin or one of the others.

Is ketamine as addicting as opioids? Is it safer than opioids? As I’m not walking in the OP’s shoes, I have no idea what his challenges are, so don’t think this is about saying this is a bad thing for him. It’s just ..well, “ketamine”, y’know? Powerful drug.

Long time no see friends! 2 months 17 hours ago #52149

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2014
Ketamine is historically used as anesthesia for kids and elderly in surgery or those who can’t take reg anesthesia due to sensitivity or allergic reactions. Def not a opiate. Studies show that with certain pain , or with chronic depression, very spaced out injections have had a major success rate at alleviating these conditions for an extended period of time . Major promise in this area . As far as I’m aware (I’m not a doctor) and Canadian knows much more on this topic than me, it’s a very safe procedure . Of course , like anything , if it gets in the hands of those who take substances recreationally , it can be abused . But in a doctors setting , being administered pharmaceutically pure ketamine and at proper dosage, long term relief from pain and depression is possible . Hope CTW can help clarify this better than myself . :-bd
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

Long time no see friends! 2 months 19 hours ago #52143

• Gibson
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 102
So...ketamine. That’s one of those wtf drugs, isn’t it? Don’t get me wrong, glad you feel ok, but going on ketamine is kinda like getting back on opioids isn’t it? I could be mistaken.

Long time no see friends! 2 months 2 days ago #52126

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9075
Sounds like a FUN experience! Awesome! So good to virtually see you back to report on your experiences over time. That’s super valuable to others out there doing research!!

So glad you are getting good treatments AND doing better! Bottom line is better quality of life, all disasters and catastrophes aside.

STOKED
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Long time no see friends! 2 months 2 days ago #52123

• CanadianTW
  • Expert Boarder
Heyy Laurie! I remember back in the day (not even a year ago lol) i was looking into kratom and wanting to see enough examples of people for who it worked and how they managed tolerance. Thats when i found you guys and read so much. I became my own advocate and im always upfront about it with doctors now. If they dont care about what kratom does for me, they dont deserve my trust. I litterally read every study thats ever been done on kratom, whether in test tubes, mice or people. So i can fight back if anyone tries to bs me with propaganda or misinformation, even a doctor.

I became well informed on ketamine too and the other day i had an infusion with a different doctor than usual. After talking for 5 min he said i knew more about it than him and he was asking me questions about the mecanism of action, why the efficacy of different protocols vary, latests research results, ect. It was a funny situation to be in for sure!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Long time no see friends! 2 months 3 days ago #52097

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9075
Welcome back for a visit! I do visits as well! Stoked to hear your successes with the ketamine and the more you can enjoy the full spectrum benefits of kratom. My dreams are to try that combination someday also.

Nice to hear about how people do out there with these various self experiments we do to find relief. Yours is inspiring and encouraging!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Long time no see friends! 2 months 4 days ago #52091

• CanadianTW
  • Expert Boarder
Hi friends good to see you!

My pain must involve NMDAr overactivity because thats precisely whats ketamine calms down. It also reduces opioid receptor tolerance so on top of taking way less makes kratom work beautifully. Indeed i feel it a lot more! Im very pleased with kratom being easy to work with. I have been dreaming vivid and fun short dreams, i associate it to kratom.

Im very Interested in LDN and ULDN also, seems good
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Long time no see friends! 2 months 4 days ago #52089

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4423
hey canadian!

im just happy you arent as present cause you found something ELSE that works for you! trust me, we are all glad to hear. and i think i can speak for everyone, we are always glad to hear positive results of alternative treatments!

im glad you are in better relief, either way. glad you stopped in for an update!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, CanadianTW

Long time no see friends! 2 months 4 days ago #52088

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2014
Hey CT&W,

I’m glad to hear from you brother, and very happy to know your getting stellar results via ketamine injections ! That’s awesome news !

Was wondering how you were doing , thank you for checking in with the community, I really enjoy your presence and contributions with discussions . What a reduction of kratom intake, I bet the burns are hitting nicely..!!?? :)

Don’t be a stranger bro , keep on adventuring... we are always looking forward to you being here (L)
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, CanadianTW

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds