21 Jun 2018
Today, June 21st, 2018, the American Kratom Association sent a letter authored by 9 leading experts on Kratom to the House and Senate Leadership in advance of the upcoming Senate Judicial Committee hearing. See the Press Release here: www.americankratom.org/aka-works-with-scientists

The full letter is available on the AKA Website: docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/9ba5da_b39467484a...92451a30150c7a87.pdf
We realize that there are hundreds of amazing health and wellness topics. This is the section to talk about them.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Fish

Fish 4 months 1 day ago #25454

• Thefrogshateme
  • Thefrogshateme's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 494
Well today was payday and I decided to save some money while dieting. I was budgeting really well, brought groceries; healthy for me none health for my wife, filled gas tank up, got all my essentials for everyday use and escaped with 120$ left over just to save for the week. Well..... I apparently I brought 50$ worth of frozen fish that isn't good for dieting nor health at all :(
Swai, flounder, whiting and another type that isn't healthy. I have one bag of perch that I know is healthy. Would I gain any benefits from these unhealthy fish or did I ruin my diet?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, roadieratonga

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Thefrogshateme.

Fish 4 months 1 day ago #25456

• roadieratonga
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 643
Well Asians have a stellar record for living longer than most cultures and there main diet is sea food, rice, little meat and tea.
Cooking methods are; Broil it, steam it, bake it.
Swai is just another name for catfish but I believe it is farm raised around Asia in which it's called Swai. If I remember correctly it cannot be called catfish unless it's caught in a certain area of the world. Lots of omega 3 in it for your heart.
I'm guessing the unhealthy part is all the mercury in fish over the last decade or so. One should only eat 3 servings of fish a week depending on where it's raised.
One thing to consider is that worrying and stress does a bigger number on your body than most food. So think of it this way; ya got a week of fish to eat. Just have at it, lesson learned and adjust for the next shopping. :)
That's all I got for ya and remember you are making the effort at bettering yourself. Also keep in mind if loosing weight is your goal; then the truth is, how we actually loose fat is still a bit of a mystery as far as science is concerned.
Just think of the thousands of diet plans out there,, that alone should tell someone there is allot of guess work going on. It's more about eating less and moving more because we breathe it out as carbon, very little fat comes out our other holes. :-bd
Here is a good ted talk that breaks it down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

“We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.”
Last Edit: by roadieratonga.

Fish 3 months 4 weeks ago #25501

• Thefrogshateme
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I think it's been 10 days with 0 bad food and exercise. I lost 10 pounds so far. Today I messed up my diet by getting salmon dip and crackers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, roadieratonga

Fish 3 months 4 weeks ago #25507

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight For Kratom! Don't Let Them Win!
  • Thank you received: 2140
I have heard of some people eating Dinner for Breakfast & Breakfast for Dinner & Losing Weight like that. Don't know if it works but I have heard it works without even Exercising.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, StarWarsForce

If anybody has any Questions about Kratom please private message me or make a Post & I will be glad to answer as soon as I can usually within 24 hours if not sooner. I'm usually on really late at night Between Midnight & 5am.

Fish 3 months 4 weeks ago #25515

• roadieratonga
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
One pound a day is pretty good I think, my GF got a scale because shes on chemo and I notice my weight averages about a pound over or under a day but doesn't stray far ether way.

I naturally have a high metabolism so gaining weight is much harder than loosing it. I have read and seen allot of dieting/ health articles and one common thing I have heard is, If you are never truly hungry then you are eating more than your body can get rid of.

I don't eat breakfast, I'll wait two to three hours until my stomach tells me I'm hungry my making me irritable then I eat enough to stave that. Then I have a large dinner then a snack before bed because I cannot sleep on a empty stomach. 40 years old and still no pot belly although I have lost my six pack from my early 30's. I will probably blow the dust off my canoe this year and get those back, mostly wanna get out on the water before it get to old to enjoy it anymore and the exercise will be the side effect. :-bd

“We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.”

Fish 3 months 4 weeks ago #25516

• Thefrogshateme
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Well my home scale says I lost 10 pounds, my gym scale still says I'm at 220 lol

I've been substituting sugar for raisins and yesterday instead I substituted with prunes. Big mistake lol. Let's just say gym time was cut 30 minutes short.

Fish 3 months 4 weeks ago #25517

• roadieratonga
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Rofl yeah prunes are effective. I like to think of sugar no different than a extract or just plain street smack. I thought I would be immune to diabetes when I was younger because of my metabolism but later learned it's mostly about the sugar spikes.
Good call on subbing fruits and stuff for the pure sugar. I personally have felt much better over the last couple years weaning of pure sugar products but do indulge in the sugar cravings from time to time. I drink fruit juice instead of pop now and cut the glass of juice with water. Half and half. Juice may sound healthy but companies add sugar making it as potent as a can of coke cola. You will find everything is cut with sugar now a days. It is called the "bliss factor" adding enough sugar to to make it taste better and more addicting to your senses. Everything in moderation, including moderation. :p

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds