09 Mar 2020
We want to welcome everyone to the New I Love Kratom Forum. We're constantly trying to improve the forum for our members. Please take the time to show our approved vendors some love. Check out our approved advertisers as well and feel free to post about your experience. If this is your first time to the site, make sure to register and do your first post in the "Introduce Yourself" section. Also, make sure do check out the "Approved Vendors" section of the forum to find great daily and weekly deals.

We would like to send out a special thanks to all of our advertisers and approved vendors. Be sure to check out their sites and try them out.

UPDATE: Gold Leaf Botanicals is doing a special 10% off and I had posted it incorrectly. That coupon should is now changed to ILKforum15%.

We would like to throw a big thanks out to all the vendors on this forum for being so awesome and a very very special thanks to our Moderators.

~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read More...
We realize that there are hundreds of amazing health and wellness topics. This is the section to talk about them.
  • Page:

TOPIC: MIT Scientists Synthesize The Feel-Good Molecules In Kava, 'Nature's Xanax'

MIT Scientists Synthesize The Feel-Good Molecules In Kava, 'Nature's Xanax' 7 months 3 weeks ago #44624

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
Thank you kind sir :-bd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MIT Scientists Synthesize The Feel-Good Molecules In Kava, 'Nature's Xanax' 7 months 3 weeks ago #44621

• Babel-17
  • Babel-17's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2100
Sent you another message with an update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat

MIT Scientists Synthesize The Feel-Good Molecules In Kava, 'Nature's Xanax' 7 months 3 weeks ago #44620

• Visitor
Thank you Babel , now I have a fun couple of research projects ahead !! B-)

MIT Scientists Synthesize The Feel-Good Molecules In Kava, 'Nature's Xanax' 7 months 3 weeks ago #44619

• Babel-17
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
No problem! Message(s) sent! Have fun researching those two odd ducks. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Last edit: by Babel-17.

MIT Scientists Synthesize The Feel-Good Molecules In Kava, 'Nature's Xanax' 7 months 3 weeks ago #44618

• Visitor
Thank you Babel , sounds like good kava ...
I’ve been pretty happy with the magnolia extract, like I posted earlier, maybe twice a week I take that , pretty amazing when having anxiety how for me it’s like a warm cozy security blanket, and works pretty fast, 10 -15 minuets ...

totally curious about the supplement from Russia..... if your are ok with sharing that info , please send me a PM.... and if not , no worries at all.... herbs / supplements have no end to my fascination with them and how they work... the mechanisms taking place .... biochemistry.... good stuff !!
Have a great rest of the weekend my friend !!

MIT Scientists Synthesize The Feel-Good Molecules In Kava, 'Nature's Xanax' 7 months 3 weeks ago #44616

• Babel-17
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
You too, be well! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

MIT Scientists Synthesize The Feel-Good Molecules In Kava, 'Nature's Xanax' 7 months 3 weeks ago #44609

• Babel-17
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder

Somethingsacredgoinonhere wrote: Hey Babel, how has your adventures with magnolia extract been going ?? I’ve been capping mine and take 2 “00” caps 1-2 x a week if feeling anxiety or stress in the evening , very effective.... it’s a slightly higher dose than the recommended one on the package ... but I take it sparingly, goes great with kava Extract from PDO, take about three capsules sometimes four along with 1 to 2 capsules of magnolia extract… Pain and anxiety melts away like you wouldn’t believe, very complementary with my Kratom regimen...

Also curious about the kava you purchased in August, how was it ? Be good Babel (L) B-)

Sticking to the point, the Kava I bought (the Kava-6) is very nice, and I'm no Kava guru but it does seem likely that it is indeed full spectrum, as advertised. Having said that I'm currently using an old favorite, the Kava extract from Herb Pharm that is bottled with the organic grain alcohol used in the Kava extraction. Fast acting, especially if I carefully use it sort of sublingual. It's very high proof alcohol, and they suggest putting it in water, but my inner pirate insists on the sublingual route. Yaar! I have to make sure my mouth has saliva, let the dropper-full of extract hit that, and spread it around my mouth before letting it get underneath my tongue at all. The sides of the mouth, and gums, and the back of the mouth, up top, are all also good at drawing in alcohol based extracts. Otherwise it really burns, it can peel skin, instead of just mildly burning. ;)

The Magnolia Bark Extract, which I've enjoyed, I've been cycling in and out of my supplement regime. Ditto that for Skullcap, Baicalin (a component of Skullcap), Valerian root extract, Passion Flower extract, and Lemon Balm. Most of those (not Passion Flower though) work like Magnolia Bark extract in that among their effects they either agonize (tickle) the GABA A receptor, or in a different fashion promote it seeing some action. Kava, and IIRC also Magnolia Bark Extract, both also are reputed to upregulate GABA A receptors, which is an amazing benefit, if true.

Really laying low on most of that over the last few days, except for the Herb Pharm Kava, as I got a delivery of two supplements that are pretty exciting, but potentially iffy at very high doses, so I won't mention them. Lol, Russian, so they've been tested and extensively used, and not illegal in the USA, but still potentially problematic as, in a fashion similar to other stuff, some people get way too enthusiastic with them, especially the one that's basically just GABA that gets across to the brain, plus niacin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

MIT Scientists Synthesize The Feel-Good Molecules In Kava, 'Nature's Xanax' 7 months 3 weeks ago #44597

• Visitor
Hey Babel, how has your adventures with magnolia extract been going ?? I’ve been capping mine and take 2 “00” caps 1-2 x a week if feeling anxiety or stress in the evening , very effective.... it’s a slightly higher dose than the recommended one on the package ... but I take it sparingly, goes great with kava Extract from PDO, take about three capsules sometimes four along with 1 to 2 capsules of magnolia extract… Pain and anxiety melts away like you wouldn’t believe, very complementary with my Kratom regimen...

Also curious about the kava you purchased in August, how was it ? Be good Babel (L) B-)

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere. Reason: Another question

MIT Scientists Synthesize The Feel-Good Molecules In Kava, 'Nature's Xanax' 9 months 3 weeks ago #42388

• Babel-17
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
Instead of reordering my Bulk supplements Kava extract I'm going to pay more for some of Nature's Answer brand capsules. They don't sell powder, bulk or otherwise. :(

I was tempted to order Samsara's powder as they claim to have upped their game by way of getting a new supplier, Fiji sourced, and making really sure it's 30% kavalactones. They admit they had issues with some past batches.

But Nature's Answer is a local company, and they provided excellent support to me in the past, and they market their Kava extract in a unique way. They call it "Kava-6" as it supplies "Six Active Kava Constituents" which I take to mean it's close to being full spectrum.

I've used it in the past, and I liked it.

I'll review when it arrives but I chose slow shipping over one day Prime shipping as that earns me a one dollar digital credit. They add up, and just yesterday I bought two of the albums that guitar legend John McLaughlin did with Shakti, using those digital credits. Lol, I had them on CDs, now lost, and I could download them but an artist like McLaughlin, and the group Shakti, I like supporting. When he was touring with The Mahavishnu Orchestra I went to see him, for my first concert ever. They were opening for Zappa and the Mothers of Invention.

So, arriving "Arriving Aug 19 - Aug 20" according to Amazon, but maybe they'll toss it in with some other stuff I've got taking the slow train to my place. lol :)

I figured since my Kava use is already dialed back, and likely to go even lower, I'd stick to high quality stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat

MIT Scientists Synthesize The Feel-Good Molecules In Kava, 'Nature's Xanax' 9 months 3 weeks ago #42333

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight for your Right buy Kratom.
  • Thank you received: 4231
I have 90% Magnolia Root Extract & is good for Anxiety. I save it & only use it when I am really anxious. I can tell you that the 90% Kava Extract from PDO is Fantastic for Anxiety. Probably the Best Kava I have ever Tried.
“I am the madmaxnightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds