09 Mar 2020
We want to welcome everyone to the New I Love Kratom Forum. We're constantly trying to improve the forum for our members. Please take the time to show our approved vendors some love. Check out our approved advertisers as well and feel free to post about your experience. If this is your first time to the site, make sure to register and do your first post in the "Introduce Yourself" section. Also, make sure do check out the "Approved Vendors" section of the forum to find great daily and weekly deals.

We would like to send out a special thanks to all of our advertisers and approved vendors. Be sure to check out their sites and try them out.

UPDATE: Gold Leaf Botanicals is doing a special 10% off and I had posted it incorrectly. That coupon should is now changed to ILKforum15%.

We would like to throw a big thanks out to all the vendors on this forum for being so awesome and a very very special thanks to our Moderators.

~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read More...
We realize that there are hundreds of amazing health and wellness topics. This is the section to talk about them.
  • Page:

TOPIC: MIT Scientists Synthesize The Feel-Good Molecules In Kava, 'Nature's Xanax'

MIT Scientists Synthesize The Feel-Good Molecules In Kava, 'Nature's Xanax' 9 months 3 weeks ago #42311

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
So... def somting to this magnolia extract... feels like a mellow soothing wave of calm in my belly , a slight head change as well... almost like a clear headed buzz that is easy to smile with ....so far so good .... I’m super into the idea of lowered anxiety and all the plethora of other medicinal benefits from the magnolia that’s been used for over 2000 years!!!! I’ll report back with more of my trials

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MIT Scientists Synthesize The Feel-Good Molecules In Kava, 'Nature's Xanax' 9 months 3 weeks ago #42242

• Visitor
Just received my magnolia extract !!! I’ll keep you all posted on how to goes !! (L)

MIT Scientists Synthesize The Feel-Good Molecules In Kava, 'Nature's Xanax' 9 months 3 weeks ago #42213

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3953
wow. you are awesome thank you. ill call you dr B... you explained a lot more than I could understand with gooble searches.. some articles contradicted each other. then again no one knows for sure how each person is going to react. there are a lot of variables. im sensitive to traditional medicines ( used to use childrens valarain ) and the 'non drowsy' allergy medicines I have to take at night. knocks me out for 9 hours. and im intolerant to opioids. but then again that's why im here lol.. thank you again. I know youll enjoy in sense..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

MIT Scientists Synthesize The Feel-Good Molecules In Kava, 'Nature's Xanax' 9 months 3 weeks ago #42208

• Babel-17
  • Babel-17's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2100

michele373 wrote: you both are awesome! let me know too if you start with magnolia bark and how that works. I have 1/2 oz coming soon of kava and ill see if he likes it before I buy bulk. thank you for that link babel! im not sure what reverse tolerance is...

brandon I went to buy the gold sun night so it would get processed mon. no biggie there will be another time to get it. I know NC is good and reliable too. we had tried caps of the red thai and both liked it. that and the borneo are the only reds ever I can mix for day. well im off to work

In the case of Kava, reverse tolerance can be one, or both, of two things. It's often reported that the effect of Kava builds up over time, in a manner similar to CBD oil/extract. A person will stop taking Kava for a while, or never have used it, and then when taking it report that it was upon day two, three, or four, that they felt the kind of effects that they'd been hoping for. People sometimes report that they then cut back their doses a bit. I recently read that Kava has an effect on some GABAA receptors of leaving them in a more receptive state after Kava use then they were before. That's the opposite of what a benzodiazepine would do, to the receptors it works with. Wikipedia has a link that states that Kava shouldn't be working on GABAA receptors, but offers no explanation for the effect, which it doesn't dispute.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine#Pharmacology

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kava#Pharmacology

The above link cites other ways Kava can provide an effect seen as beneficial.

Why do people take Kava breaks? Sometimes there's a sense that there can be too much of a good thing, and/or the effect of Kava has become sedating to the point that people want a break from that.

And of course the only way to get that fresh newly reacquainted feeling is to actually stop, wait a bit, and then get reacquainted again.

On top of that there are two issues. One actual, one more hypothetical. Real heavy use (taking it to the point of euphoric intoxication, getting "krunk"/drunk on Kava) over a long period of time can come with some undesirable side effects. Some people sum it up by saying that their pee starts seeming a bit off (too thick is a common complaint). Everything gets processed by our liver, and we don't want to overwork it. Then there's the residual fear back from when people were getting their Kava from the wrong parts of non-noble strains. Long time heavy use of that did come with a risk of toxicity.

IIRC, non-noble Kava has long been prohibited for export, and afaik only a few natives of where its ever grown ever use it on occasion (presumably because it's basically free as nobody can sell it).

But all of the above is just based on my limited use of Kava, and limited internet searches. I never really got into the traditional way of preparing Kava, and some people swear by that, and the wikipedia article talks of reasons why it could be preferable. On the other hand, reputable suppliers of Kava extract know what they're doing, and only use the "noble" Kavas, which are the only ones legal to export, and many of the fans of them have been extensive users of the traditional extraction process, and so can provide a meaningful review of these extracts.

I can afford both Kava, and Magnolia Bark extract, so I'll probably continue with both. They're interchangeable, so it's not like the cost of each piles onto the cost of taking the other, as long as they're not being used in a piggy-back fashion of equal doses. Taking a half dose of each is doable, as is alternating.

Then there's Skullcap, and the derivatives of that, which include Baicalin. Pretty much more of the same, but different enough so as to be interesting. Amazon sells both, though the Baicalin they offer is much cheaper from the vendor's website, and Tea Time Botanicals offers their own brand of Skullcap.

I wouldn't FOMO about any of that. Just get a good deal on good Kava and use it sensibly while giving it time to give the accumulative effect.

The recommended dosage can be on the conservative side, but it should be given a few days time to show what it can do before bumping it up.

Once your Kava supply is more than half way used up you can consider trying one of the alternatives.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Last edit: by Babel-17.

MIT Scientists Synthesize The Feel-Good Molecules In Kava, 'Nature's Xanax' 9 months 3 weeks ago #42203

• Visitor
Yes indeed . Red Borneo and red Thai are great reds !!!
Have a nice day at work Michele .... I have pipe dreams to make reality today!!! Hahaha .... liking my new job !!! Great people I’m working with , very nice boss !!

MIT Scientists Synthesize The Feel-Good Molecules In Kava, 'Nature's Xanax' 9 months 3 weeks ago #42201

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
you both are awesome! let me know too if you start with magnolia bark and how that works. I have 1/2 oz coming soon of kava and ill see if he likes it before I buy bulk. thank you for that link babel! im not sure what reverse tolerance is...

brandon I went to buy the gold sun night so it would get processed mon. no biggie there will be another time to get it. I know NC is good and reliable too. we had tried caps of the red thai and both liked it. that and the borneo are the only reds ever I can mix for day. well im off to work
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

MIT Scientists Synthesize The Feel-Good Molecules In Kava, 'Nature's Xanax' 9 months 4 weeks ago #42197

• Visitor

michele373 wrote: damn it...

you guys are giving me FOMO too! please drop a link on which kind you recommend. I got my first small kava order coming in for the hubby. the only thing I know about it is that its good for short term. any other suggestions? or might magnolia bark be better? can it be taken daily without issues? im having issues finding precise info other than the links you posted. another one ive heard from from madmax was mungulu bark..wanted to see if anyone had any experience with that.

off topic brandon by the way I waited too long to pull the trigger on soflos gold leaf.. all out for now. I just ordered NC yellow gold and red thai. I will try again! I guess everyone agreed on your review! I get paid every 2 weeks so sometimes I miss out.

Hey Michele!!!
Ended up getting the same brand as Babel ..
Samsara 4 oz for like 33$ off Amazon... havent twciev d it yet but looking forward to it , sounds like one I want in the medicine chest !!! Don’t worry about the gold .... probably another batch is on the way ... how long ago did you look into getting that ?? Not sure but think a new batch recently came in... and if sold out ... testament to how popular it is.. but there will be another chance to tango B-) do not fret !!!

I go through my cycles of using kava ,, some weeks are every day.. then a month or 2 go by and I revisit that chilaxing root ...

Really excited to have some magnolia extract though , the description Link Babel sent reads that it’s a powerhouse of good things... look on Wikipedia or the link earlier in this thread

Laurie , I’m sorry you’ve been feeling ill.... thinking about you ... get well soon ... I need to know you ok, no pressure hahaha

Much love

MIT Scientists Synthesize The Feel-Good Molecules In Kava, 'Nature's Xanax' 9 months 4 weeks ago #42192

• Babel-17
  • Babel-17's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2100

michele373 wrote: damn it...

you guys are giving me FOMO too! please drop a link on which kind you recommend. I got my first small kava order coming in for the hubby. the only thing I know about it is that its good for short term. any other suggestions? or might magnolia bark be better? can it be taken daily without issues? im having issues finding precise info other than the links you posted. another one ive heard from from madmax was mungulu bark..wanted to see if anyone had any experience with that.

off topic brandon by the way I waited too long to pull the trigger on soflos gold leaf.. all out for now. I just ordered NC yellow gold and red thai. I will try again! I guess everyone agreed on your review! I get paid every 2 weeks so sometimes I miss out.

I've used a lot of different Kava extracts, and I finally settled on Bulk Supplements powdered extract because of its price. If taking capsules/tablets, then Piping Rock's Kava offers solid bang for the buck imo. www.pipingrock.com/kava-kava/kava-kava-standardize...g-120-capsules-39972
Kava has a history of being taken for prolonged periods, and often in doses high enough to go beyond mild relaxation in an attempt to hit euphoria. Some call that getting "krunk". Heavy daily users generally take short breaks, and then they bounce right back without tolerance issues. There might even be reverse tolerance. I found that more isn't usually better. But since you can tightly control the doses, it's not that hard to find ones comfort zone.

Kava is nice, but its usefulness goes so far and then that's it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373

MIT Scientists Synthesize The Feel-Good Molecules In Kava, 'Nature's Xanax' 9 months 4 weeks ago #42186

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
damn it...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

MIT Scientists Synthesize The Feel-Good Molecules In Kava, 'Nature's Xanax' 9 months 4 weeks ago #42177

• Visitor
I hear ya , approach with small doses cause it’s a strong extract... thank you Babel , this sounds like a herb worthy of figuring out for sure ... looking forward to seeing what effects I get from it

Take care

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds