09 Mar 2020
We want to welcome everyone to the New I Love Kratom Forum. We're constantly trying to improve the forum for our members. Please take the time to show our approved vendors some love. Check out our approved advertisers as well and feel free to post about your experience. If this is your first time to the site, make sure to register and do your first post in the "Introduce Yourself" section. Also, make sure do check out the "Approved Vendors" section of the forum to find great daily and weekly deals.

We would like to send out a special thanks to all of our advertisers and approved vendors. Be sure to check out their sites and try them out.

UPDATE: Gold Leaf Botanicals is doing a special 10% off and I had posted it incorrectly. That coupon should is now changed to ILKforum15%.

We would like to throw a big thanks out to all the vendors on this forum for being so awesome and a very very special thanks to our Moderators.

~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read More...
We realize that there are hundreds of amazing health and wellness topics. This is the section to talk about them.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Colitis and Natural Treatment and Prevwntion Qs

Colitis and Natural Treatment and Prevwntion Qs 1 month 2 weeks ago #49978

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8702
Hope you’re starting to feel much better. My mom has diverticulitis and every time she’s constipated, she exclaims they she is probably having a bowel obstruction and may need an ambulance any minute! Took me a long time to realize her exaggerations are not quite as dramatic as she makes them. Her dog has been on hospice and near death any minute for over 7 years now and he is getting a shampoo and haircut this afternoon! They have a system of leaving the dog hooked on at the groomers and then they put the dog back there upon completion (to remain at safe social distance). I wanna haircut, too! Mom did her own and it actually came out super cute! It’s the best her hair has ever looked, a cute bob!

JonBoy77, let us know how your progress is going?
Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Colitis and Natural Treatment and Prevwntion Qs 1 month 3 weeks ago #49876

• JonBoy77
  • JonBoy77's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Hey guys, I will try to respond to all comments here. There was no mention of C Diff and I have not had any antibiotics since Dec for a tooth. They said they dont know the cause but that my ascending colon was inflamed/infected. I had no cramping or diarrhea prior to waking up in extreme pain on right side not like any bowel/gas type pain, but sharp deep pain like a physical injury would cause. The CT showed swelling in ascending colon. I was not diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, just a 1 time type infection. I was diagnosed with IBS years ago and like others kratom keeps that in check quite nicely as well as back pain from crushed vertebrae. I have been a kratom user for 3 years and had nothing like this before. In addition to kratom I use akuamma, valerian, cordyalis, and kava. All with great respect as needed in a well respected rotation. I try to avoid tolerance on any one thing. I just dont wanna be in these narcotics for 2 more weeks and/or unable to use my tool kit to deal with my sleep and pain issues. I also dont want my tolerance anymore thrown outta whack. The Big Pharma medical community has one tool in differing flavors for pain and knows little about natural alternatives. I think that cover most of the inquiries. Thanks for the tips too, trying to include probiotics and aloe vera and such. I am home now and they have me on Amoxicillin, Flagyl(Metronidazole), and oxycodone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Colitis and Natural Treatment and Prevwntion Qs 1 month 3 weeks ago #49852

• INSENSE3
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 152
I agree with everyone else. No kratom or supps til you’ve recovered. Follow drs orders.

I think people who don’t use kratom can and do get the same illnesses as kratom users. If you’re one of the 30 gram/5 times a day people, yeah, I’d look at that. Were you abusing yourself by ingesting more than necessary?

Hope not!

Gosh get safely out of that hospital, JonBoy77! Come visit the forum while you recover safely at home ..?
The following user(s) said Thank You: JonBoy77

Colitis and Natural Treatment and Prevwntion Qs 1 month 3 weeks ago #49837

• jayisk
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 616

JonBoy77 wrote: <li>Hi there all, I am posting this as I lay in the hospital in recovery from an extreme colon infection. I woke up after one morning and had intense sharp pain on right side. I suspected appendicitis, after CTs they determined it was the colon above the appendix. After says of IV antibiotics I am hoping to go home with oral antibiotics and recover there. I wanted this community's feed back on natural things that would be good in getting back to full health. Pain relief, inflamation, restoring microbiome, and what's safe with antibiotics. The doc said I should only take the narcotics they give b/c suppliments might interfere with the antibiotics and send me back to ER. I'm smelling bs on that. Side note could suppliments, or the plant extracts we all commonly make use of here play any part as to why I got this outta no where? Thank you all....</li>

Did they diagnose you with Colitis or IBD? Either one are livelong conditions that should be taken srs. If you had C-diff has Robie asked you would know
it.
I would focus more on diet/nutrition, stress management, exercise...,those type of lifestyle changes. Antibiotics are one of the causes of C-diff by the way.
I would also recommend getting a colonoscopy if you havent had one.

I had IBS and the pleasure of experiencing a severe case of C-diff. Fun times. Seems one of the benefits of kratom for me is it has stopped my IBS.

If your Dr is saying not to take any supps while on the antibiotics I would listen to him. But i dont consider kratom a supp. Though for some it does cause constipation.
Which the painkillers can also cause.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, JonBoy77, INSENSE3

Colitis and Natural Treatment and Prevwntion Qs 1 month 3 weeks ago #49831

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1076
Jon boy , I’m sorry to hear about the condition turning into infection, I wish a fast and strong recovery for you .

There’s many vendors who put all their batches of kratom received in a “quarantine “ ( pun not intended lol)
Where tests are made to determine levels of pathogens, and UV light used to run over the kratom to kill off any non friendlies, some do not . Our member Shaun from Fused Flora uses such measures to ensure safety for his customers , also he likes to make tea , with the hot water it will kill anything bad natured .

I’ve taken kratom for about 3 years , mostly mixed in juice and some T&W along with batches of tea on occasion . Never had any problems other than in the beginning having digestion/ minor constipation and a few headaches from not keeping my hydration up. Since this is a natural product that comes from over seas , I am beyond appreciative for the extra steps so many vendors take to ensure us consumers are safe . That said , anything is possible .

If you have a precondition for digestive tract issues , taking supplements and herbs like kratom in powder form might aggravate your condition , I think making tea would possibly be the best route for you . Get all the goodies without taxing your system and the added benefit of knowing it’s been steeped in hot water .

Wishing you the best my friend , please keep us posted (L) (L)

Edit: I think soups with chicken broth, bone broth will aid into faster recovery as it’s super nutrient dense and in liquid form for easier assimilation. Also , drinkIng aloe Vera juice would help with soothing and healing your digestion tract . Good stuff !

Take care brother
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, JonBoy77, INSENSE3

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere. Reason: One more thing ‘

Colitis and Natural Treatment and Prevwntion Qs 1 month 3 weeks ago #49816

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1379
Hello Jon Boy. It's nice to meet you. I have 1 question. Were you diagnosed with C-Diff? That's the only infection of the intestines I am familiar with. I'd stay on those antibiotics if it were me. It doesn't sound like you were misdiagnosed with strepthroat when you had a virus. That C Diff can kill you. I would start drinking plenty of prebiotics. And drink a lot of Keifer and yoghurt for your probiotics. If you haven't had Keifer you may be pleasantly surprised! It's very bubbly and tasty. I hope that helps?

Be blessed,

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, JonBoy77, INSENSE3, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Colitis and Natural Treatment and Prevwntion Qs 1 month 3 weeks ago #49813

• JonBoy77
  • JonBoy77's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
  • Hi there all, I am posting this as I lay in the hospital in recovery from an extreme colon infection. I woke up after one morning and had intense sharp pain on right side. I suspected appendicitis, after CTs they determined it was the colon above the appendix. After says of IV antibiotics I am hoping to go home with oral antibiotics and recover there. I wanted this community's feed back on natural things that would be good in getting back to full health. Pain relief, inflamation, restoring microbiome, and what's safe with antibiotics. The doc said I should only take the narcotics they give b/c suppliments might interfere with the antibiotics and send me back to ER. I'm smelling bs on that. Side note could suppliments, or the plant extracts we all commonly make use of here play any part as to why I got this outta no where? Thank you all....
  • The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Robie, INSENSE3, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
    Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
    Time to create page: 0.188 seconds