Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
We realize that there are hundreds of amazing health and wellness topics. This is the section to talk about them.

TOPIC:

Other Botanicals that Help Pain 1 month 1 week ago #52364

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1957

goshawk wrote: Think I might try Chuchuhuasi but as far as Akuamma did not do much for me.

Speaking of Chuchuhuasi , A quick google search shows powder and liquid
, which is better and how does does one take it. I guess the extract you just put drops in water, Maybe just make a tea with the powder. Hoping it taste better than Kratom :-)

Pat

Hey Pat ,

I’ve had good Akuamma that was undeniably helpful, and also some that didn’t do much for me, much in the same way diff batches of any herb from suppliers a,b or c can vary in potency or efficacy . So that’s the deal as I’ve come to know it .

Chuchuhuasi I first found out from reading Nan write about it . I’ve only tried the powdered extract from InSense . I took this in place of my kratom dose , and was pleasantly surprised by its effect on pain and mood, plus a little bit of energy . I just mixed it in some water and down the hatch it went . Also , toss and wash a few times . I’ve mixed pretty much every herb mentioned on this thread with kratom , no bad effects . But when stretching out the time in between kratom doses , and taking one of these herbs in their own ... best way to gauge a herb your trying . Because kratom works so well, one might not be able to discern the effects given from a herb mixed with kratom as well as if you’d taken the herb solo .

The taste isn’t bad at all imo ... with Chuchuhuasi, like most herbal concentrates tastes, almost sweet with some bitterness. I truly enjoy the taste of most kratom batches .. with the exception of a few face grimacing ones lol... so others might not have the same thoughts with flavor as I do B-)

Ren, the best CBD I’ve had comes from whole flower , and not in tincture form. I personally smoke through a water pipe aka bong lol, but the vendor I get my CBD flower from vaporizes it, eliminating the smoke factor . Perhaps you might consider this and give it a shot ..? I was amazed at how effective , and almost instantly to boot ! Very nice feel good relief . I know take some every night as part of my nighttime regimen. Just my experience and thoughts on the subject .
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: INSENSE3, Ren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Other Botanicals that Help Pain 1 month 1 week ago #52363

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4047
The only thing I combined with Kratom was CBD oil, I am new to CBD and I was not impressed with it dealing with my pain. I have spinal arthritis.
I know a few members here have combined the other botanicals along with kratom. Kratom is very effective for me and I managed my tolerance well enough I haven't been motivated to try mixing herbs. One thing I do is I rotate my Kratom often a different Red a difference vendor daily. I over looked Rosemary thanks for the remind I have a lot growing in my garden now I am motivated to making some Rosemary essential oil.

This might be too far out there but I used to a skeptic try listening to healing frequencies. I have something pretty much playing in the background all day. If I stop and sit some videos will make me doze off like a drooling puppy. I had success today in managing some back pain with these www.youtube.com/channel/UCM0YvsRfYfsniGAhjvYFOSA

I am sure you will get more input once this topic gets viewed. There are member here that take these herbs along with kratom, in place of kratom and they will have more vendors to suggest. I trust InSense/ Goldleaf they only have powder extract.

Oh you should research the supplement Methyl sulfonyl methane or MSM mismo.com.au/msm-providing-relief-for-fibromyalgia-patients/

take care
The following user(s) said Thank You: Babel-17, INSENSE3, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Ren

Other Botanicals that Help Pain 1 month 1 week ago #52362

• goshawk
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
Think I might try Chuchuhuasi but as far as Akuamma did not do much for me.

Speaking of Chuchuhuasi , A quick google search shows powder and liquid
, which is better and how does does one take it. I guess the extract you just put drops in water, Maybe just make a tea with the powder. Hoping it taste better than Kratom :-)

Pat
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nan70, INSENSE3, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Ren

Other Botanicals that Help Pain 1 month 1 week ago #52360

• Ren
  • Ren's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
Thank you both!

I have taken a few trials of a good hemp based CBD tincture (tested for purity, potency, and pesticides). I'm sure you all know that Hemp based CBD can widely vary in its quality. I feel very comfortable in this source - Frida Botanicals. ( www.fridabotanicals.com/shop/ ) They also have herbal tinctures that are supposed to help with tapering off opiates (force tapering is such a problem) as well as sleep, muscle relaxation, and muscle/fascia discomfort. I should try the herbal tinctures as a Kratom replacement sometime. I just really wanted more options. I need to try a third trial of CBD as the first two unfortunately didn't seem to have a big impact.

Nan, great advice on the anti-inflammatories. You mentioned turmeric, ginger, and clove. Those plus rosemary have been proved to be bioavailable to fight inflammation more than some. I thought you might appreciate the info to add to your list.

The condition I have Fibromyalgia is not widely known to be generally inflammatory because it doesn't show up on the most common blood test. Though more extensive studies have shown brain inflammation and other inflammation is rampant for Fibromyalgia sufferers. I honestly didn't know that Kratom was considered an anti-inflammatory herb! That is awesome to know. Maybe part of the reason I do so well on it.

You both mentioned:
Chuchuhuasi- its a tree bark I would compare it's effect to Aleve good for muscle aches
Akuamma- relaxes, good for tight muscles
Corydalis- relaxes and good for some lesser nerve pain
Incarvilea sinensis- relaxing for most, nerve and muscle soreness

Do you ever take these in addition to Kratom and do you find some of them work better synergistically than others? TBH Kratom reduces my pain significantly (to about a 3.5 from avg 7.5) but it doesn't get rid of it entirely. It would be nice to have further reduction.

Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nan70, Babel-17, INSENSE3, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Other Botanicals that Help Pain 1 month 1 week ago #52354

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4047
Hi Ren,
Look into Stem and Vein(kratom) to help with a tolerance break.
I recommend turmeric there has been some thoughts turmeric helps reduce tolerance and not just kratom ( pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25515789/ )
Turmeric/Curcumin, and ginger also. (with black pepper to help jump start absorption)
If your source of pain is inflammation I do well with the anti inflammatory herbs
green tea, turmeric,white willow bark,boswellia,cinnamon, cloves. I will make a tea of ginger, cinnamon, cloves and green tea

Kratom has been a superior anti inflammatory herb for me but with taking other herbs I have kept my tolerance steady for the last 3 years. I also take all my kratom doses with turmeric and black pepper and my doses are weighed

Chuchuhuasi- its a tree bark I would compare it's effect to Aleve good for muscle aches
Akuamma- relaxes, good for tight muscles
Corydalis- relaxes and good for some lesser nerve pain
Incarvilea sinensis- relaxing for most, nerve and muscle soreness
I bought these from InSense botanicals/Goldleaf

none changes mood that much which is a factor in managing pain, so I recommend Kava and CBD oil in combo with the above.

You should get really good suggestions soon, ask any questions you need

Take care.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Ren

Other Botanicals that Help Pain 1 month 1 week ago #52353

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1957
Hey Ren,

I just commented on your other thread , but I’ll add some thoughts to this one as well :).

Other herbs that I’ve used for pain and also for helping stretch out my kratom intake -
Chuchuhuasi
Akuamma
Corydalis
Incarvilea sinensis
Kava (I’ve found this root gives a nice relaxing effect that also aids into pain relief and just feeling good )
CBD flower or full spectrum CBD extract .

It’s amazing all that Mother Nature has given us to feel good , happy and provide relief from so many ailments we contend with .

InSense offers many of the herbs I mentioned , but kava I can offer up some sources if your interested .

Others will add to this , Babel, michele and Laurie may have other suggestions and or more experience with these herbs than me.

But my friend , the incarvilea, Chuchuhuasi, Akuamma , corydalis .... very good at pain relief. These herbs tend to cause some sleepiness in most users , but the Chuchuhuasi is great for daytime ( across the board I believe)

Very good topic Ren, def some great options to look into !

Take care (L)

*Oh!! .... stem and vein , the stems and veins of kratom with small amount of leaf mixed in , can offer up the kratom alks (in diff %) we all love and some diff ones as well. Taking this in place of leaf or mixed with small amounts of leaf can help lower your tolerance while still benefiting from the kratom tree . :-bd

*Mixing S&V with Akuamma , added pain relief when combined... and all the while lowering tolerance !!..!!
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, rpitts1955, Nan70, Babel-17, INSENSE3, Ren

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

Other Botanicals that Help Pain 1 month 1 week ago #52350

• Ren
  • Ren's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
I'm taking Kratom no more than about 16 grams every day for pain. It also helps me with energy during the day and sedation at night. I adjust the types and dosing accordingly. The amount that I've been taking has been gradually creeping up a bit and I'd like to take a tolerance break. But I absolutely need something to help me with pain.

I'd like to hear people's suggestions on other natural products that work for pain that can be used as a tolerance break. I also really need to know the places people know to purchase safe, good value product. I only purchase Kratom from places that I know do safety testing. If you want to share any other information on what other symptoms the substances help with, dosing, or anything else I should know that would be amazing. Resources would be helpful too, but I can do the research if people just want to share the products.

Thank you!

PS I wasn't sure where exactly to put this thread. I figured that it needed to be somewhere in the vendor section because I wanted vendor recommendations. But I need non-kratom suggestions. Moderators if there is a more appropriate place to move this please feel free.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Nan70, Babel-17, INSENSE3, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, goshawk

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds