Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
We realize that there are hundreds of amazing health and wellness topics. This is the section to talk about them.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Other Botanicals that Help Anxiety 1 month 1 week ago #52366

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1986
I answered this question in the other thread you started , but I’ll elaborate here as well.
I have had plenty of “I don’t feel anything “ trials with CBD tincture . Even the concentration of CBD isolate . I’m of the opinion that along with CBD , the other cannabinoids in hemp help tremendously.

The terpenes and other various constituents.
So a full spectrum CBD extract would be the best best imo.

My personal go to is flower in its raw but dried form . I smoke it out of a water pipe . I’m old school like that lol. But my vendor/ friend I get it from vaporizes it ... so no smoke is involved .

I get immediate effects and find it very beneficial and enjoyable . I take this almost every night . Puts me in a happy / lowered pain head and body place .

So , either a full spectrum hemp extract or the actual flower itself smoked or vaporized is the best I’ve experienced with taking this wonderful herb ! Hope that helps :)
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Other Botanicals that Help Anxiety 1 month 1 week ago #52359

• Ren
  • Ren's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40

Babel-17 wrote: Passion Flower and Theanine can be helpful. A common mistake with Theanine is to take too much, especially of the powder, and while afaik that's not dangerous it can cause ones head to feel "fuzzy".

Both are surprisingly inexpensive when bought as powders, as is Valerian Root Extract, Skullcap, and Lemon Balm, which is another good one.

I posted the following link the other day.

medium.com/optimizebetter/how-to-free-yourself-fro...-1-of-2-e28610891c8f

I thought that was a great article I'm just waiting for him to post his references. One thing I should have mentioned is that I'm still taking Duloxetine (Cymbalta). I've managed to taper slowly down to 30 mg but I am still taking it. I'm a bit wary about taking anything that might cause serotonin syndrome. I'd so much rather take natural ingredients that Cymbalta. I'm not sure it is helping for my pain much if at all AND I have devastating side effects from missing just one dose. Maybe I shouldn't worry so much since I lowered my dose from 60mg... but I'm not sure. Hmm..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nan70, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Other Botanicals that Help Anxiety 1 month 1 week ago #52358

• Ren
  • Fresh Boarder

Somethingsacredgoinonhere wrote: Good morning REN, ,

Laurie , Michele or Babel would have a lot more to offer up for other herbals that help with anxiety than me ...
But the ones I’ve tried that have helped with anxiety are kava, valerian , CBD flower or full spectrum CBD extract. Chuchuhuasi gives me some energy and pain relief ,as well as moodlift ... this may be a help with anxiety as I feel over all just happy when taking this herb . InSense has this on their shelves . Also , I hear skullcap is very beneficial for stress and anxiety, I haven’t tried this herb other than in a tinctures mixed with other herbals , but id look into this one . Babel and Michele speak very highly about it . Baicalein and Baicalin ,(the main flavonoids found in skullcap) are also available on their own. I’ve read great things about these helping with anxiety. Also , look into kanna , a succulent from Africa that’s useful for depression and I believe anxiety as well :)

For CBD is that something that you found worked immediately for you or over time? Just wondering as I've taken good quality CBD tinctures but I'm not sure I remember that effect. But I wasn't necessarily evaluating for that TBH.

Thank you for the info! If you had to choose just one for me to try first what would you suggest?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Other Botanicals that Help Anxiety 1 month 1 week ago #52357

• Pizza and kratom ?
NaN,
Really happy to see you here , been wondering how you’ve been doing , thx for adding your wisdom and experience here . I miss having you part of the topic conversations, as well as Bomalley, but life gets busy when your living B-)

Hope your doing well, hope to see you on the forum more , but no pressure lol, maybe just a little ! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nan70

Other Botanicals that Help Anxiety 1 month 1 week ago #52356

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4049
Good evening
My thoughts are with everyone dealing with wild fires on the West Coast.>:D

Babel has the best other botanical knowledge next to Michelle. :-h

I can also suggest Valerian root and this Kava ( pdobotanicals.com/products/kava-extract-90/ ) someone explained it as having reverse tolerance and I wasn't sure what that meant. When I took this I think I started at 700mg it dissolves in warm water easily. This kava lasted 3 days not only did it control anxiety it almost completely shut down mind chatter , it benefits sleeping, meditating, and brain fog. I did not feel sleepy with it.
I can recommend Ginkgo Biloba also its very mild but you need to take it for a week or 2 before you notice results like some herbal treatments.

Ginkgo you can get anywhere its cheap and its been in the vitamin aisle forever.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Ren

Other Botanicals that Help Anxiety 1 month 1 week ago #52355

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2535
Passion Flower and Theanine can be helpful. A common mistake with Theanine is to take too much, especially of the powder, and while afaik that's not dangerous it can cause ones head to feel "fuzzy".

Both are surprisingly inexpensive when bought as powders, as is Valerian Root Extract, Skullcap, and Lemon Balm, which is another good one.

I posted the following link the other day.

medium.com/optimizebetter/how-to-free-yourself-fro...-1-of-2-e28610891c8f

While some natural anti-depressants might increase anxiety as a side effect, there is so much difference in how many of them work, and a strong connection to how depression and anxiety can be related, that it's no surprise to see some supplements that are utility players.

The number one on the list is in fact said to be such.

#1 Saffron Extract: (Performs Equal to Prozac and Tofranil)

Known as the world’s most expensive spice, saffron is well-studied and shows up as effective against mild, moderate, and major depression.

Saffron performs equally effectively as the SSRI drugs, such as fluoxetine (Prozac) and a tricyclic antidepressant (TCA), imipramine.

We see an increase in mood, a reduction in anxiety, and stress management with no side effects.

Saffron has also been proven as effective as ADHD medication for children, appetite suppressants, and weight loss aid.

Dosage:

15 mg of standardized extract taken twice daily.

Just yesterday I gave in to the urge to try it, and now it will be included in my next order of Subscribe and Save products from Amazon. I get an extra 15% off that way. I ordered the Double Wood version, as once again they show to be the best deal when compared to others.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Ren

Last edit: by Babel-17.

Other Botanicals that Help Anxiety 1 month 1 week ago #52352

• Pizza and kratom ?
Good morning REN, ,

Laurie , Michele or Babel would have a lot more to offer up for other herbals that help with anxiety than me ...
But the ones I’ve tried that have helped with anxiety are kava, valerian , CBD flower or full spectrum CBD extract. Chuchuhuasi gives me some energy and pain relief ,as well as moodlift ... this may be a help with anxiety as I feel over all just happy when taking this herb . InSense has this on their shelves . Also , I hear skullcap is very beneficial for stress and anxiety, I haven’t tried this herb other than in a tinctures mixed with other herbals , but id look into this one . Babel and Michele speak very highly about it . Baicalein and Baicalin ,(the main flavonoids found in skullcap) are also available on their own. I’ve read great things about these helping with anxiety. Also , look into kanna , a succulent from Africa that’s useful for depression and I believe anxiety as well :)

But I’m with you , kratom for pain was the main reason for choosing to take this lovely leaf , but quickly realized that it also lowered my anxiety and depression. It’s my main go to for all my needs . Nice to have other options in the herbal line up . Herbs have so much to offer us (L)

Look forward to others chiming in on this topic.
Happy Saturday B-)

*i moved this thread to health and wellness :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Babel-17, Ren

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

Other Botanicals that Help Anxiety 1 month 1 week ago #52351

• Ren
  • Fresh Boarder
One of the main benefits I get from Kratom is a sense of calm. I don't deal with a great amount of anxiety but this year has been particularly stressful. Dealing with a chronic illness while a pandemic is raging. I'm very careful with how I use Kratom. I NEED it for pain. Anxiety relief is an extra. Sometimes I just want more anxiety relief and I don't want to take more Kratom as it might make me sleepy.

I'd like to hear people's suggestions on other natural products that work for anxiety similar to Kratom. I also really need to know the places people know to purchase safe, good value product. I only purchase Kratom from places that I know do safety testing. If you want to share any other information on what other symptoms the substances help with, dosing, or anything else I should know that would be amazing. Resources would be helpful too, but I can do the research if people just want to share the products.

Thank you!

PS I wasn't sure where exactly to put this thread. I figured that it needed to be somewhere in the vendor section because I wanted vendor recommendations. But I need non-kratom suggestions. Moderators if there is a more appropriate place to move this please feel free.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds