Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
We realize that there are hundreds of amazing health and wellness topics. This is the section to talk about them.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Are essential oils really good? 6 days 6 hours ago #53081

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2112
I’m a big fan of CBD as well, haven’t tried to much in oil or tincture form, but really feel the loveliness from consuming the flower. Just one of those neuro-protection herbs ! Thx for sharing your thoughts Jamboo,

Also , for the record , CBD is not an essential oil, but is found in varying percentages with in cannabis and hemp plants .... which can be extracted into carrier oils .
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Are essential oils really good? 6 days 13 hours ago #53080

• Jamboo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I would like to share more information that you can add CBD oils to any dish you like, or take it daily as a dietary supplement without any health risk. CBD oil is completely non-toxic and safe for humans, with almost no side effects. I advise you to try it! Thanks for attention!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

Are essential oils really good? 1 month 1 week ago #52734

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4447
hey legendeila!

yes it seems alot of us folks do recommend the use of EOs. myself included. i usually dont name drop on brands but i do suggest getting food grade oils for purity and contaminants. i am a lover of doterra, but i understand they can be a little pricy. its easy to find someone in your area that sells them im sure, so you can try and find whats right for you. i have a loyalty reward with them so i get wholesale pricing. their aroma touch is great for massage. or if you are a joint sore person like myself their deep blue is magical. so is just plain peppermint.

ive found ingestion can be rough on my belly so i have a little breakfast, like when i take any other vitamins. their ginger in my tea in my favorite right now. with a plethora of benefits. orange, lemon, and peppermint are effective mood lifters for me as well. and even siberian fir is grounding and smoky.

jade bloom is another great reasonable company. they have free online 'courses' you can even learn and qualify for some free products.
i do like a lavender and vanilla mix. yes real vanilla extract. but thats just me.

but on a serious note the on guard is special. my husband had a bad tooth infection about a year or so ago, antibiotics werent even helping. and they wouldnt pull it with an infection.a few drops of on guard in water used as like a mouthwash swish for 2 min did what antibiotics couldnt. it even kills MRSA which in itself is amazing. its hard to get right now im sure and if you can find it the price might be inflated unless you get it directly from them
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Are essential oils really good? 1 month 1 week ago #52728

• Legendeila
  • Legendeila's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 50
Sounds like it depends on person to person. I've read about some people claiming this to be helpful and the others the opposite. Essential oils smell nice giving us a better mood, and it's still wellness.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Are essential oils really good? 1 month 1 week ago #52727

• Pizza and kratom ?
Hey Alexcaro,

Thx for your post , and welcome to the one and only ILK forum , look forward getting to know you better . Always enjoy hearing folks stories about kratom , and how that came to be ... benefits gained , challenges along the way ... if you feel like sharing that :)

If you need anything, have questions , we are all here to help . Pretty cool place like that B)

Take care

Brandon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1

Are essential oils really good? 1 month 1 week ago #52723

• AlexCaro
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
For some reason, lavender doesn't work for me. I found its smell very 'heavy'. I prefer to replace it with mint oil. I even created my own recipe for a good night's sleep that helps me to fall asleep very fast.

I had a very bad sleep and could wake up every 20 min at night. So, I found out that a buckwheat pillow helps to get better quality sleep. Some people suggested using it together with essential oils because it spreads the smell way better than regular pillows. So before going to bed, I'm mixing 2-3 drops of mint oil, 1-2 drops of bergamot oil, 1 drop of peppermint oil, and 1-2 drops of valerian oil. Sometimes I can add this mixture on the pillow or sometimes I prefer to mix it with water and spray it all over the room. And it works great. The only negative aspect here is to get used to this pillow because some people find it very uncomfortable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Are essential oils really good? 1 month 1 week ago #52704

• Pizza and kratom ?
I have a essential oil diffuser that I now keep in my children’s bedroom. I put in lavender drops in the reservoir with water , and the entire room smells of lavender. Helps the rascals chill out and go to bed .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Babel-17

Are essential oils really good? 1 month 1 week ago #52701

• CanadianTW
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 348
I love lavender before bed, i put a drop on my pillow makes me feel good. Essantial oils have some interesting science behind them. Look up the health effects of terpenes. Nice research on limonene and pinene have been done

www.healthline.com/nutrition/d-limonene#benefits

www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biol...ciences/alpha-pinene

They definitely have a positive effect but its not as strong as a pill or kratom. Its a gentle instantaneous effect and doesn't cause side effects like stronger stuff would. Oh and just love orange essential oil, its out of this world
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Are essential oils really good? 1 month 2 weeks ago #52674

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2590
It can get tricky, and if used internally there are risks, especially if more than just a few drops are taken, or if you take an essential oil that's not known at all to be for internal use.

Lavender is popular, but there's more than one kind, and, funny enough, the linalool in it is also in cannabis, including full spectrum CBD that retains its native terpenes.

Same thing with Caryophyllene, which is in legal hemp, but also the essential oil Copaiba, which gets promoted as a CBD alternative since it also has an effect on cannabinoid receptors. How safe is it to consume I won't guess. Though I have taken some in the past, albeit just a few drops at a time.

I guess applied externally you'd be on safer ground, but I'd get expert advice. There are lots of uses for essential oils besides mood, some are used also as insect repellent, and as anti-virals/bacterials, and as against foot odor in sneakers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caryophyllene

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linalool#Plants_that_contain_linalool

Here's a screenshot of the terpene profile of some CBD hemp from a company I've used.

cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0064/8072/4050/products/....52.18_1800x1800.png

Having said all of that, I've occasionally taken internally a few drops of some lavender essential oil. And I've used it as part of a spray that had essential oils, water, and alcohol, as a sneaker and foot spray. I've also used it as part of a disinfectant for the gym.

smile.amazon.com/aVo-Essentials-Lavender-Oil-Aromatherapy/dp/B00U9S6TTY

That's what I used, as it was the best bang for the buck that I could find. Buyer beware though, as there are warnings to consider regarding use of lavender essential oil, and all essential oils.

And oh, there are lots of extreme ripoffs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Are essential oils really good? 1 month 2 weeks ago #52672

• Pizza and kratom ?
Our lovely member Michele is all about essential oils, but as for my experience with them, lavender is very soothing and calms the nerves down tremendously, so I’d say they are effective , diff oils for different needs . :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Babel-17, CanadianTW

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds